LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 319 users in the forums

Who would you resign Crabtree or Iupati ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who would you resign Crabtree or Iupati ?

Originally posted by Gore_21:
Iupati especially and the others have always struggled with blitzes and communication in pass pro. What good is one of the best run blocking OL in the league if other teams stack the box? If we could pass block we'd be able to pass a lot better and we wouldn't need elite run blockers because the other teams would back off more. I mean as good of run blockers as we are look how many times we get stopped on 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1 or on the goal line. Look at how many 1 to negative yardage carries we have due to the play calling predictability and teams stacking the box. Anyways, like I said many times before we have 5 years 30 (35 maybe) players who are looking for 5 years 40-50+ mil. Just wont happen with Baalke and I hope it doesn't. I'd rather overpay Aldon than overpay Crabtree, Iupati, Boone, Culliver, etc, etc.

So true!
Neither to be totally honest. Neither is worth big money they will likely ask for.
neither. f**k them.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Neither to be totally honest. Neither is worth big money they will likely ask for.

Seems to me that some teams will offer them over blown contracts and the niners will let them go. Can't imagine either giving enough of a discount to make them affordable. They really seem like the kind of players Baalke feels comfortable replacing.

As opposed to superb players--Justin Smith, Aldon Smith, Kaepernick...super freak athletes who produce.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Oct 26, 2014 at 11:39 PM ]

this is what I was thinking
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

Seems to me that some teams will offer them over blown contracts and the niners will let them go. Can't imagine either giving enough of a discount to make them affordable. They really seem like the kind of players Baalke feels comfortable replacing.

As opposed to superb players--Justin Smith, Aldon Smith, Kaepernick...super freak athletes who produce.

I am kind of just about here. Although I would like to think that at least one of them will bowl into Trent's office and tell him he wants to play and just get an acceptable contract agreed.
100 times over Iupati. We built this core from the inside out and I would keep to it. Its how you build a successful team. Start with the O-line. Heck Jerry Jones just said on National TV that he doesnt know why it took him so long to realize it. I love Crabs, but the draft is littered with players who could develop into a decent WR. I always to with the Oline
Youparty
Most likely neither depending on Martin&Thomas....if they both leave in FA I'm thinking we grab 2 3rd rd comp picks:)
Can't believe 81% want to re-sign Crabtree? Don't you remember the hassle of trying to sign him in the first place? Haven't you read the reports about the type of money he is looking for despite his mediocre production? Unbelievable.

• boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Can't believe 81% want to re-sign Crabtree? Don't you remember the hassle of trying to sign him in the first place? Haven't you read the reports about the type of money he is looking for despite his mediocre production? Unbelievable.

most that voted did so before this season began. kind of an old thread.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

you got any links? I haven't heard anything at all about his contract demands
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
personally, I think I would rather have Iupati..
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
neither
i much rather allocate the salaries for DL and pass rushers.
Share 49ersWebzone