There are 75 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Gore or Boldin?

• sfout
  • Veteran
Like it or not. Gore is gets the treatment of "You're here until you don't want to be". Cutting the player who is literally our pillar of anything worth a damn for past 9 years would send such a horrible message to the entire league let alone the locker room.

Gore is a reasonable team fist guy so he'll restructure before this even becomes an issue but he is going to be the one to decide if/when he leaves this team.
[ Edited by sfout on Feb 6, 2014 at 9:31 PM ]
Both gore needs to retire a niner and boldin is a play maker as well cut Rogers Baldwin trade LMJ and cut others than see if we can get vante Davis and extend cullver while he's cheap
All the Gore talk is foolish. Boldin needs to be back but its not a matter of over Gore. Let Gore go and put in WHO. Everybody who says let Gore go doesnt provide an answer just a problem. Hunter not an every down back. Lattimore although I hope will be great has not played a down in the big boy league coming off 2 massive injuries and then we wont draft a rb high with great expectations so we are hoping to get lucky with a rb. Harbaugh and roman have repeatedly said and shown we are a run first team by running Gore right up the middle on every first down every time and we are gonna bank the whole offense on a ? Wow
[ Edited by teylo31 on Feb 7, 2014 at 9:13 PM ]
Originally posted by teylo31:
All the Gore talk is foolish. Boldin needs to be back but its not a matter of over Gore. Let Gore go and put in WHO. Everybody who says let Gore go doesnt provide an answer just a problem. Hunter not an every down back. Lattimore although I hope will be great has not played a down in the big boy league coming off 2 massive injuries and then we wont draft a rb high with great expectations so we are hoping to get lucky with a rb. Harbaugh and roman have repeatedly said and shown we are a run first team by running Gore right up the middle on every first down every time and we are gonna bank the whole offense on a ? Wow

sure but when the salary cap is tight and you cannot resign players its a completely different story.. in a perfect world situation, we would keep all players and sign one or two superstars each offseason.. but thats not how it works.. if cutting Gore means we can invest in some of the younger players at other positions with less depth, then let it be.. Gore is running out of gas, and its silly to think he is not.. just watch him play, he is not the same.. he does have his moments but he just is not the same!
I don't think we have to choose Gore should restructure from his 6.5? is it mil he will make this year. Outside chance we add another year at a discount on. If Boldin wants to be back he will be back probably at 2 years 5-6 a year. I don't see us not re-signing Boldin unless he wanted like 7-8+ a year.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I don't think we have to choose Gore should restructure from his 6.5? is it mil he will make this year. Outside chance we add another year at a discount on. If Boldin wants to be back he will be back probably at 2 years 5-6 a year. I don't see us not re-signing Boldin unless he wanted like 7-8+ a year.

We let Gore go after the year he had running and blocking and forcing defenses to play us with 8 man fronts even though we send out VD Crab and Q? I dont think so! We will get him to help make room for Q Dawson and Whitner. Gore ain't AP at this point of his career but between his blocking production clutch play and respect defenses give us in the box setting up the passing game he will make us loom stupid for putting a franchise back out on the street. Frank is the definition of the workhorse do it all RB. Only two teams I. Our division have this and a handful in the NFL. This gives Kap a distinct advantage over other QBs at least the way I see it. Frank has a couple seasons left in the red and gold I would think
Originally posted by sfout:
Like it or not. Gore is gets the treatment of "You're here until you don't want to be". Cutting the player who is literally our pillar of anything worth a damn for past 9 years would send such a horrible message to the entire league let alone the locker room.

Gore is a reasonable team fist guy so he'll restructure before this even becomes an issue but he is going to be the one to decide if/when he leaves this team.

This. If I were a 49ers player and I see they just outright cut a guy like Gore (or make treat him the way the Bears did Brian Urlacher), I would remember that come contract time. Besides having the chance to be on a winning team, players give teams discounts because of how they treat their players. To outright cut a guy like Gore who only has ONE year left on his deal would send a horrible message indeed. It is a business, but you can't deal with everyone in that way. Case in point, if/when this happens to Carlos Rogers, this is no big deal. But if they were to do this to Frank Gore, Justin Smith, Patrick Willis, and I suppose NaVorro Bowman, even though he has young, has probably endeared himself forever to this team, there would be some major consequences. You would lose much more than you could gain for that few extra million in cap space.
Gonna have to come to terms with the fact Frank isn't getting younger and faster. He has a year left. Boldin can be signed relatively cheap compared to other players. They can hide money all sorts of ways to get him a contract. We have huge cap room next year 2015 and 16. Much will go to Aldon and Kap. The best offseason move for us was Aldon imploding. Hate to say it because I don't wish bad things for people but it will cost him 2-3 mill a year. Maybe less but something with impact. Kap will sign at twelve mill a year. He has very little leverage. He won't be unrestricted for two more years. He wil compromise. Gotta get something for iupati now. He's worth a second round pick to teams this year. Teams like Atlanta Tampa bay Minnesota will be interested.
Gore will be a beast with a healthier rotation next year with Hunter and Lattimore.

I think he should also hit the weights. Even though his current physique may play to his running style -- some more power may be the boon he needs for a ride into the sunset.
[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Feb 8, 2014 at 10:26 AM ]
I really hate the salary cap. Discussions like this make me sick. Mixing business conversations with the passion we 49er fans have for our players is painful. Gore has been the backbone of our franchise for a long time. The 49er fan in me says Gore stays unconditionally but the reality is we have other backs that could adequately fill his role. Not necessarily going to be as great as Gore, we dont know yet. Since this is framed as an either or, I believe the 49ers are in much more trouble without Boldin. I hope Gore takes a pay cut in exchange for a chance at one more run.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Just when I think NT can't get any dumber.

LOL. I think that almost every time I make the mistake of coming back here.
Originally posted by crake49:
I won't be surprised if Boldin demands a lot less than people think he will. That last contract was done years ago and the reason he wouldn't take a cut could be just the principle of the thing - a contract is a contract. And I definitely won't be surprised if Gore restructures to help the team. He's all team. I still think the team is going to give Lattimore every chance to prove he can be the guy who takes over the bulk of the carries from Gore and Gore is going to be a passing down back who doesn't have to carry as big a load and can last that way for a couple more years.

It doesn't really matter how much he demands, it matter how much a team will pay. While he looked great this year he's going to be 34 this upcoming season. That is going to factor into how much he gets paid, big time.

If he wants 2-3 years it is going to be on a very cap-friendly deal to ANY team that signs him. If he is OK with a one year deal he may get something similar to what he was paid last year (close anyways) but when you are looking at the potential of your last multi-year deal most guys take the security.

And it seems like he wants to be here.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Gore will be a beast with a healthier rotation next year with Hunter and Lattimore.

I think he should also hit the weights. Even though his current physique may play to his running style -- some more power may be the boon he needs for a ride into the sunset.

The dude is already a brick s**thouse! Putting on more weight in the gym is the last thing he needs. The guy already trains like no one else. Have you not heard about his offseasons in Miami?
Originally posted by Gavintech:

The dude is already a brick s**thouse! Putting on more weight in the gym is the last thing he needs. The guy already trains like no one else. Have you not heard about his offseasons in Miami?

I'm talking more definition and explosion -- he still looks very pudgy. He might develop muscles he never knew he had.
I'm talking more definition and explosion -- he still looks very pudgy. He might develop muscles he never knew he had.

Well you are wrong. He's the furthest thing from pudgy. The dude is made of muscle.

Maybe he should so more yoga/Pilates/plyometrics type exercises? But that is true of almost all NFL players IMO (they could possibly avoid a lot of the most common injuries in the game). But recommending him hitting the anaerobic/resistance training any more than he already does is funny at best. He's made of muscle/power/strength already.