There are 228 users in the forums

Super Bowl XVI

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Had that game on vhs but accidentally recorded over it
Originally posted by socalniner:

Perfect opportunity to steal the HD version off Youtube. There are countless free and easy sites to download material from sites like Youtube. If you have the memory space available. An HD version of a 3 hour game only takes 30 minute to download.
Originally posted by Forty_Niners:
Originally posted by socalniner:

Perfect opportunity to steal the HD version off Youtube. There are countless free and easy sites to download material from sites like Youtube. If you have the memory space available. An HD version of a 3 hour game only takes 30 minute to download.

What was cool is that I had recorded the commercials and half time show, which was in 3D lol
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
I prefer Super Bowl XXXIII because Japan

Monnnntana Magic datade masta! (or whatever he said) Sorry, my Japanese is rusty
The most amazing thing to me about the first one was that goal line stand. That Bengals team had a great offense that year and Ken Anderson won the MVP. They had a 260 lb running back. When they got to first and goal, it was just a forgone conclusion that they were going to punch it in.
Montana would struggle like how Peyton did against that Hawks defense
One of my favorite things about this Super Bowl is who Montana one with. The assumption is that he always had loaded teams or that he was throwing to Rice. This team was long before Rice and was anything but loaded on offense. The defense was filled with rookies or guys with little experience, castoffs, and a steal of a trade in Fred Dean. The team offensively reminds me of what Tom Brady had to work with when the Patriots were winning Super Bowls.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by slip:
49ers 26 defeated Bengals 21. I noticed the following last night while watching the game:

* Joe Montana won MVP

* First super bowl to be played in a cold weather city

* In attendance were Vice President George Bush, sexy model Shawn Weatherly and Joe's first wife Cass Montana

* It was commented that Bengal fans were everywhere the night before in Detroit. A sea of orange.

* Both teams led the league in least turnovers, but both teams turned over the ball on their first possession.

* The team that lost scored more touchdowns.

49ers led 20-0 at halftime. Bengals scored 14 points in the last quarter, but ran out of timeouts to stop the clock scoring the last points of the game with 14 seconds left. Montana finished the game by taking a knee.

Kap could have used a defense like that in the Super Bowl.

lol a D that almost blew a 20 pt lead in one half?
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by slip:
49ers 26 defeated Bengals 21. I noticed the following last night while watching the game:

* Joe Montana won MVP

* First super bowl to be played in a cold weather city

* In attendance were Vice President George Bush, sexy model Shawn Weatherly and Joe's first wife Cass Montana

* It was commented that Bengal fans were everywhere the night before in Detroit. A sea of orange.

* Both teams led the league in least turnovers, but both teams turned over the ball on their first possession.

* The team that lost scored more touchdowns.

49ers led 20-0 at halftime. Bengals scored 14 points in the last quarter, but ran out of timeouts to stop the clock scoring the last points of the game with 14 seconds left. Montana finished the game by taking a knee.

Kap could have used a defense like that in the Super Bowl.

lol a D that almost blew a 20 pt lead in one half?

Ken Anderson was no slouch at QB. Considering the 49ers offense did next to nothing for much of the second half, yes, it's feasible the D may have almost blown a 20 point lead.
Originally posted by Forty_Niners:
Since this is the only thread discussing the past. My question

What was the front office thinking putting out running backs like Derek Loville and Terry Kirby, in Steve Young's prime? Did we really have absolutely no cap flexibility? What was the fiasco with Johnny Johnson, who was supposed to be our starting RB in 1996?

No surprise as soon as we added a legit starting RB in Hearst, the team returned to contending but by that time the defense had aged and declined

Reminds me of 1990 too. 14 -2, losing on the Craig fumble in the championship game. Non-existent running game all season...

Share 49ersWebzone