There are 120 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Inconvenient Truth - and I Don't Mean Gore

Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by T-9ers:
The protection wasn't great but it was adequate on that play, Kaep should have stepped up and made a different read or took off running. He heard footsteps, got nervous and made the wrong read. Seattles D sped him up on purpose and he didn't stay composed.

That's correct.

Let's try and not derail every thread. If you want to talk about Kap, go to the Kap thread, or one of the many Kap spin-off threads.

This is a thread about Anthony Davis. Analyze his strengths, weaknesses, future with the team, etc.

Thanks.

My bad, but I still put it on Kaep. If they wanted to sack Kaep, they would have not came with a 2 man rush and a QB spy. I think they wanted to flash by Kaep, trying to get him to make the quick and lazy read which would be the low percentage fade route against the games best corner. I feel the same way about Davis as I do Kaep, these guys are young and they will get better, I'm not ready to give up on them.
Originally posted by crabman82:
this times a million. i have a pic thats a side by side stat of kaep and our former qb, its from the 2012 season where almost all of their stats are practically identical including the number of total plays each had that year. the only only glaring difference was red zone td %, kaep was at 45% and smith was at 63%. after watching an entire season in 2013 i can say it didnt improve enough.

Would you say that maybe it's a result of thinking Kaep's arm is better than Smith's so they rather go for a pass instead of just run it like they used to? Just curious
Not that AD and Iupati are chopped liver, but Seattle got Thomas and Chancellor in the same draft.
this times a million. i have a pic thats a side by side stat of kaep and our former qb, its from the 2012 season where almost all of their stats are practically identical including the number of total plays each had that year. the only only glaring difference was red zone td %, kaep was at 45% and smith was at 63%. after watching an entire season in 2013 i can say it didnt improve enough.

Alex was able to get through his progressions a lot quicker. Too quick sometimes but its needed in the RZ. Kaep will improve.

Moss attracted a lot of attention in the RZ for us last year. Plus Delanie was always mismatch in our favor. This year was fade to Boldin, misdirection to Vernon, or bust
Originally posted by Squidp:

Alex was able to get through his progressions a lot quicker. Too quick sometimes but its needed in the RZ. Kaep will improve.

Moss attracted a lot of attention in the RZ for us last year. Plus Delanie was always mismatch in our favor. This year was fade to Boldin, misdirection to Vernon, or bust

i hope he does improve, theres just been this common theme of getting down there and getting 3 points. he is raising the price tag on our kicker lol. too many times we went up 6-0 only to give up a td and be down 7-6
[ Edited by crabman82 on Feb 6, 2014 at 10:10 AM ]