There are 148 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2014-2015 Punt Returner

Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by NCommand:
I would think so...I lean on you guys for college player analysis so feel free to give me/us insight into what round he's expected to go in and naturally, how he'd fit in our current system.

Right now, Odell Beckham is projected to go in the 2nd round, but if he lays a 4.3 on the combine, he'll shoot up into the middle of the first. His 40's have ranged from a low of about 4.3 to a high of 4.45, so it's hard to say what he'll pull off. He had one fumbled punt last season and wouldn't talk to the media after that particular game so who knows about his emotional strength.

Awesome and thanks for the insight!

I just noticed that Walters Football has the Niners taking Beckham at #30.

You guys are on this! Well done...
I simply do not understand all the hate on LMJ, doesn't make sense that ppl just don't see that he's simply not getting the opportunities on offense and it took far too long for him to get the job as the KR/PR. He has done an excellent job when given the chance and the #'s prove it, personally, I don't blame him for being upset with his role, I'm sure when we drafted him in the 2nd round he was pumped thinking Gore was getting older and he'd be utilized on offense and potentially ST's in a Sproles like role and that just hasn't happened.

this is a great article on LMJ for everyone saying he can't get it done, he simply hasn't had the chance. I know we have a very good group of RBs and will be even better in 2014 with Lattimore making his debut, but we have got to find a role for this guy.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/sports/James-Awaits-His-Chance-With-49ers-244268981.html

this to me lays everything out that needs to be said:

"Playing in just 10 games in 2013, James had only 12 regular-season carries for 59 yards and no touchdowns, but averaged 4.9 yards per carry. He did slip into a role as the 49ers' primary punt and kickoff returner when Kyle Williams and others didn't pan out, and played well. He returned 23 punts for 251 yards – a 10.9-yard average – and had a long return of 40 yards. On kickoffs, he had 12 returns for 321 yards – a 26.8 average. Had James qualified, he would have ranked fourth in the NFL in punt returns and fourth in kickoffs."
Originally posted by matt49er:
I simply do not understand all the hate on LMJ, doesn't make sense that ppl just don't see that he's simply not getting the opportunities on offense and it took far too long for him to get the job as the KR/PR. He has done an excellent job when given the chance and the #'s prove it, personally, I don't blame him for being upset with his role, I'm sure when we drafted him in the 2nd round he was pumped thinking Gore was getting older and he'd be utilized on offense and potentially ST's in a Sproles like role and that just hasn't happened.

this is a great article on LMJ for everyone saying he can't get it done, he simply hasn't had the chance. I know we have a very good group of RBs and will be even better in 2014 with Lattimore making his debut, but we have got to find a role for this guy.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/sports/James-Awaits-His-Chance-With-49ers-244268981.html

"Playing in just 10 games in 2013, James had only 12 regular-season carries for 59 yards and no touchdowns, but averaged 4.9 yards per carry. He did slip into a role as the 49ers' primary punt and kickoff returner when Kyle Williams and others didn't pan out, and played well. He returned 23 punts for 251 yards – a 10.9-yard average – and had a long return of 40 yards. On kickoffs, he had 12 returns for 321 yards – a 26.8 average. Had James qualified, he would have ranked fourth in the NFL in punt returns and fourth in kickoffs."

There are lies, damned lies, and then there are statistics. LOL j/k

That said the numbers seem ok, but that play when he got his head darn near twisted off.

He did provide a lot more spark than Fair Kyle and I think he could play a role in the offense (hello slot / screen) but Roman just won't do it and he runs him like he is Gore, which he is not.
Culliver? LOL

He looked so slow returning kicks in that video
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by matt49er:

There are lies, damned lies, and then there are statistics. LOL j/k

That said the numbers seem ok, but that play when he got his head darn near twisted off.

He did provide a lot more spark than Fair Kyle and I think he could play a role in the offense (hello slot / screen) but Roman just won't do it and he runs him like he is Gore, which he is not.

Oh I agree he's not perfect and that's stats don't always paint the entire picture. But reading through the WZ on NT and the Draft board, you would think we still had Kyle Williams. LMJ has barley any experience as a PR and IMO did a nice job and has tons of potential to get better. Offensively, I think we will finally see a shift in philosophy next year and Gore will get more rest, Lattimore being the primary reason but I'm hoping that Hunter & LMJ get some rep also. I have a feeling that as Kaep develops we will see the offense as a whole evolve and become more and more open which in turn could/should open up more opportunities for scat backs like KH/LMJ.
Dri archer! There is no way we let this guy slip away from us. He's a big time play maker especially on special teams!
We need a good returner to complement the defense and run offense in field position advantage. After 2011, Niners hasn't been the same on special team.
The 49ers should be looking for a guy like Randall Cobb and Percy Harvin. It definitely isn't an easy thing to do because everyone else is looking for them too. But, that would be freakin outstanding if they could get a guy like Cobb where the Packers got him... which I believe was the last pick of the 2nd round. Captain obvious here but Cobb v.2.0 would be awesome... a return threat who also contributes in the passing game. I don't think the 49ers have had that since John Taylor
L. James... come on down