LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 217 users in the forums

2014-2015 Punt Returner

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Realistically, I don't see the Niners coaches putting him in that role because he is going to likely be the #1 CB when he returns.
Hopefully they finally address this position in the draft. Dri Archer from Kent State would make a great special teamer. I'm sure there are some free agents who could be good punt returners as well. But like you guys I cringe watching LaMichael back there.
Originally posted by jimrat:
Culliver?? Uhhhh no

THIS
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Culliver?? Uhhhh no

THIS

I do not see Baalke drafting someone just to become a return man. Culliver has done it before, and if they do not draft someone there, he might be able to compete for the spot. Who would you rather have?
Draft a f**k up with speed, agility, and the drive to be better, in the sixth round. KR/PR hole filled.
Originally posted by NinerGod:
Draft a f**k up with speed, agility, and the drive to be better, in the sixth round. KR/PR hole filled.

it's facepalm worthy that this hasn't been done already with all the excess picks

the only returner we've had worth a damn in forever was Ginn, but he was constantly hurt during his time here
Odell Beckham - punt returner who can go all the way and elite speed on the outside as a wide receiver. Plus, he should still be there in the second round.
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
Jacoby Jones,Dexter McCluster or Devin Hester.No need to waste a draft pick get a proven player
[ Edited by 9er2k on Feb 5, 2014 at 5:39 PM ]
Bring back KW and let him fair catch everything. Seemed to work fine IMO.
Originally posted by crake49:
Odell Beckham - punt returner who can go all the way and elite speed on the outside as a wide receiver. Plus, he should still be there in the second round.

this. or draft brandin cooks from osu if he drops to the late rounds.

So first Culliver to Safety, leave him at corner, now to returner?

Originally posted by znk916:
Originally posted by NinerGod:

it's facepalm worthy that this hasn't been done already with all the excess picks

the only returner we've had worth a damn in forever was Ginn, but he was constantly hurt during his time here

We have one on the team. His name is Devon Wylie or somethin like tht
Originally posted by 9er2k:
Jacoby Jones,Dexter McCluster or Devin Hester.No need to waste a draft pick get a proven player

Jacoby Ford should be on this list too if sole return duties. Hester and Jones are the only two returners with more TDs than him in the last 4yrs
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Culliver?? Uhhhh no

THIS

I do not see Baalke drafting someone just to become a return man. Culliver has done it before, and if they do not draft someone there, he might be able to compete for the spot. Who would you rather have?

Coming off a major knee injury. Not gonna happen.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Sammy Watkins!!!

Give it up. We would have to trade our entire draft to St. Louis to get him.
Share 49ersWebzone