There are 150 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2014: Thoughts on the upcoming season...

Originally posted by OldJoe:
Marvin, NCommand AB81. I always enjoy your thoughts.

With Joe Montana and Steve Young, over the course of 18 years (or so) we won the NFC Conference game only 5 times. We were right there to win the whole thing nearly that entire 18 year stretch. But what I remembered from then is the "ball must bounce your way". 13 times it didn't.

We don't have Eddie D. out spending the NFL teams, nor a coach unleashing the never seen before West Coast Offense WITH Joe Montana.

But we are right there, at the very same door again, knocked 3 times ......it is driving some nuts. We will be knocking at the door in the foreseeable future and the ball will bounce our way soon. The negativity too many here espouse, seem like we are all from the "instant gratification" generation. Too put this team in bad light we have to compare us to our legendary teams of last century?

Good point. Wow 5 times in 18 years.. great point! I know (and i think seattle knows) that we are the better team with higher potential, but this year was just Seattle's year. I don't know where it came from but they were focused all year long.. we were not.

That said, we have to have patience, but we won't necessarily get 18 years to do it. We can't think in those terms, we have to think that each year is our last chance, and losing just simply can't happen.
[ Edited by tondiman on Feb 4, 2014 at 4:17 PM ]
Originally posted by tondiman:
Good point. Wow 5 times in 18 years.. great point! I know (and i think seattle knows) that we are the better team with higher potential, but this year was just Seattle's year. I don't know where it came from but they were focused all year long.. we were not.

That said, we have to have patience, but we won't necessarily get 18 years to do it. We can't think in those terms, we have to think that each year is our last chance, and losing just simply can't happen.

Like I always point out, those 18 years included a three year stretch of one and done, 85, 86 and 87. They also included a four year stretch with three trips to the NFC Championship game in which the Niners lost and one year where the Niners didn't even make the playoffs, 90, 91, 92 and 93.
Interesting post as always. I like the SB 49 reference