There are 122 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What do the 49ers need to be a better team?

What do the 49ers need to be a better team?

The OL is very good...it's time to say adios to Goodwin. My money's on Looney, whom I think has the potential to be our next outstanding C. Some think it's Kilgore and I'm sure he'd do a good job, too. Looney's a beast...just hasn't had much of an opportunity to show it yet. I see a healthy Marquardt emerging as the swing OT. Those two moves should insure no fall-off in OL performance...and in fact, could improve it. With the acquisition of OG Seymour, we should have the quality depth needed to survive the long season.

Lattimore should introduce a new brand of power running...he's got it all, speed, toughness and great balance. He's got fresh legs. Hopefully Gore will accept a salary cut, but still play a key role. I'd like to see both guys used as receivers more.

Kap will learn from his mistakes...nobody will outwork him. Agree, getting a compliment to Crabtree is paramount. Definitely re-sign Boldin. Would love to see Baalke get a "big" WR and a speed guy. Patton should be a much more integral part of the offense next year. I'm excited about him...dude's just a natural playmaker. I'd also expect to see McDonald become much more of a receiver...dude has enormous potential with his size & speed.

On defense, we're in great shape with our front 7. Carradine will join in and should make an impact. It might be time to draft Ray Mac's eventual replacement, although TJE made great strides. Still never hurts to stockpile big tough DL, though. Same goes w/pass rushers.

It's no secret the secondary is the major point of emphasis...would love to see Whitner re-signed...he's the leader back there. Depends on who they release and what contracts they restructure to create the cap space. Brock and Culliver should be a terrific young tandem, but the key is to have quality depth behind them. Good draft for CB's, lesser for S, although there are some dandies out there. Would like to see more size at CB and S.

ST's were among the best in the league. Definitely re-sign Osgood...he's outstanding. Plus, he can be WR insurance.
Originally posted by goldstandard333:

THIS would not get pushed around by Legion of PED. Unfortunately it's all the Clowns got going for 'em so his acquisition won't happen anytime soon.
i'm shocked that the board would vote that we need to play better from the QB position... i mean really? did you see what the d******dhawks did to the "the great" Peyton Manning? Kaep played good enough to beat the s**tstains in their backyard.. he RAN for 130 yards and completed some tough passes agaisnt the BEST secondary in all of football... i mean are you serious? If the team would have opened up the O during the regular season we would have beatin' Carolina and the Saints and had homefiled advantage against those smelly seabirds.. f**k i'm so pist they won
Open up the offense and instill a killer instinct from a play calling perspective. We seem to win games by a closer margin than necessary due to conservative play calling in 2nd halfs. Seattle will gamble and keep passing to put up points to humiliate the other team.

We have the personnel. 1 play from a superbowl last year and this year. all you can ask for really.
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by goldstandard333:

THIS would not get pushed around by Legion of PED. Unfortunately it's all the Clowns got going for 'em so his acquisition won't happen anytime soon.

Man every time I think about this I get so mad.It's not like every draft pick was going to make the team anyway.We should have just gave up the second and we would have a receiver core that is top 5 in the league.I was telling all my friends we gotta make this move but I knew the Niners were not going to do it.
Get ALL of the playmakers involved .... Vance McDonald , LMJ and Patton need to be a part of the attack, not just complimentary players who get a touch now and then .... I always give our offensive coaching staff the benefit of the doubt, but if these guys are continued to be ignored, then the coaching staff needs to take the lions share of the blame ....because with the weapons we have, it's a shame to play it safe and conservative the majority of the time ....next year Kaperknick will be entering his 3rd season as a starter, they always say it takes 3 years for a QB to develop , so with a couple more weapons to groom on offense ( a #4 WR, #3 TE) ...Kaeperknick could have a monster year ...Time for Harbaugh and Roman to take shackles off the offense
[ Edited by NeeJ49er on Feb 3, 2014 at 8:50 AM ]
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
and for goodness sakes throw some screen passes to LMJ
We need to learn how to SCORE TOUCHDOWNS.

We always settle for field goals at the WORST times... It's unacceptable if we want to be competing for a championship. I know we could have beaten both the Seahawks AND the Broncos, but what the Seahawks did to the Broncos last night was something I don't think this 49ers team can do. That is "go for the juggular".

The Seahawks know how to blow a team out, and keep their foot on the gas pedal, and never let go when they are ahead. Whenever the 49ers are dominating a football game, the score never shows. Think about the first game against the Cardinals when we had 3 consecutive redzone possessions. 2 field goals, 1 interception. It's things like this that make the difference from a championship team, and a good team. We need to be in championship mode during every snap next year. If we force a fumble in the redzone one the first snap of the game in NFC Championship against our hated rival, we need to be scoring a touchdown. Period. And I don't only mean this to be against the Seahawks, I'm talking about every team. If someone GIVES the 49ers a chance to blow them out (like the Seahawks did in that last game.) The niners need to blow them out. Period.

In addition. The 49ers need to look into Seattles coverage scheme, because they seem impenetrable. Which they are not. I think the key is a balanced running game, but Frank Gore is worn down and it looked like VERY tough sledding for him in that game. We need another between tackles runner like him to step up, because running the perimeter with small guys like Kendal Hunter and Lamichael James doesn't work. I'm hoping Lattimore steps up this off season, and gets a fair chance to not only make the team, but maybe even compete for playing time. He could be promising.
why is it for such a good team that's won 10+ games a year and been to the NFC Championship game 3 years in a row we have so many holes??????//
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Raul98:
why is it for such a good team that's won 10+ games a year and been to the NFC Championship game 3 years in a row we have so many holes??????//

Because when we play teams that our physical we have trouble(Seattle,Baltimore and the Giants)

Because there's no 'we will make the adjustments for next week' in the playoffs.

Bring your A game and A talent into the playoff or GTFO.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Feb 3, 2014 at 9:03 AM ]
wr speed & better coaching
I would like to see another receiver and Corner..Also would like to see screen game and RB out of the back field featured more. Stop playing 10 yards off the receivers and FIX the clock management problems/communication. Stop getting beat by the good teams... Over and over.. New Eagles much? Bunch of pretenders on the team.
Originally posted by 9er2k:

Because when we play teams that our physical we have trouble(Seattle,Baltimore and the Giants)

i do see what your saying we beat soft teams but struggle against physical teams that's something that has to be addressed this off season cause now the NFC West has become all physical teams and will only get more physical by next season.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Because there's no 'we will make the adjustments for next week' in the playoffs.

Bring your A game and A talent into the playoff or GTFO.
That all falls on coaching they need to come up with a more physical aggressive game plan the game plan we have now is good but not good enough.