LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 353 users in the forums

What do the 49ers need to be a better team?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What do the 49ers need to be a better team?

Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Yeah at the time i stated that the b******te call will cost us the division. And it did.

There were so many other close calls as well....Deangelo Williams fumbling, Shaub full retard pick 6, Rams full retard goal line fail, tampa bay 21-0 lead or some s**t like that....

But then again we had our close calls as well (bowman pick 6 and Kap's near int to micah hyde).

It's amazing how those rose colored glasses work. We played like bridesmaids not champions this year. Too inconsistent offensively -- lacking the bully factor defensively. Expect more of the same next year unless Kap improves his reads and arm accuracy, and Roman/Harbaugh decide to add a short passing game to the team's playbook.

It's not complicated.
Developing young talent is a weakness for us.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Yeah at the time i stated that the b******te call will cost us the division. And it did.

There were so many other close calls as well....Deangelo Williams fumbling, Shaub full retard pick 6, Rams full retard goal line fail, tampa bay 21-0 lead or some s**t like that....

But then again we had our close calls as well (bowman pick 6 and Kap's near int to micah hyde).

It's amazing how those rose colored glasses work. We played like bridesmaids not champions this year. Too inconsistent offensively -- lacking the bully factor defensively. Expect more of the same next year unless Kap improves his reads and arm accuracy, and Roman/Harbaugh decide to add a short passing game to the team's playbook.

It's not complicated.
Developing young talent is a weakness for us.

Those rose colored glasses have an opposite effect as well. You expect everything to be rosey but its impossible.

You think we played like bridesmaids and not champs? We went 12-4 and our 4 losses were close games (except in SEA) against playoff teams. Non playoff teams got we blow out of the water, besides AZ, who was 11-5. We lost in a close game in SEA, who dominated Manning and the broncos on a neutral site.

Our defense was dominant during the stretch, imposing our will on teams (remember the goal line stands against (Car). We didn't allow a single 100 yard rusher...

And as far as developing young talent, Kap, Aldon, Culliver, Hunter, Miller, ian williams, Brock, Reid, etc...

Obviously we want the ring but we had a damn good season 30teams would love to have. Not sure how much more "rosey" that can get minus a ring.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Feb 3, 2014 at 5:23 AM ]
It's as simple as......Stop turning the football over and Stop playing for Field goals!
The game last night was a blue print on how to win games of any magnitude. The Seahawks punk'd the Broncos from the first play of the game to the last play. That's the football should be played. The refs were a none factor because the game was pretty much over early in the 2nd quarter. If we can get into that mind set we'll be hard to beat too.
lol @developing talent is one of our weaknesses.

we were in the nfcccg three times in a row. that could not happen without well-developed talent. we even switched our starting qb during the last season and still walked to the SB.

as for the seahawks. they didnt hit on every "talent", remember tarvaris Jackson, matt flynn or Charlie whitehurst...
Like Jimmy Johnson has stated before: "Champions score touchdowns in the red-zone"

That is the main thing this coaching staff has to work on.
Originally posted by LanceQ:
It's as simple as......Stop turning the football over and Stop playing for Field goals!
The game last night was a blue print on how to win games of any magnitude. The Seahawks punk'd the Broncos from the first play of the game to the last play. That's the football should be played. The refs were a none factor because the game was pretty much over early in the 2nd quarter. If we can get into that mind set we'll be hard to beat too.
Had we made it to the Superbowl we would have punk'd the broncos too. I prayed last year denver would be our opponent. We went to seattle, put in our ear plugs and almost beat them in spite of the bad calls we had to deal with. That crowd noise forcing opposing teams to wear ear plugs in a stadium purposefully designed to increase crowd noise should be against league rules. That's total BS.

The 49ers are a great team. In the 80's the 85 Bears beat us up. The giants knocked Montana out of the game. We were the team of the 80's. You can't win them all.
1. take PED
2. hold wide receivers"be fysical" on every play
3. pay the zebras
4. trade roman for a bag of skittles
5. draft a fast, sure handed wr
6. draft a cb, that won't get beat on every play (carlos rogers)
7. draft a ss, that won't 'try' to hit everything 100% and miss tackle
[ Edited by kingkong916 on Feb 3, 2014 at 6:29 AM ]
More speed at WR and more consistent production out of the running back group. Better pass defensive play on the D, especially in the redzone. We are a bend but don't break D between the 20's, but in the redzone we should be more stout. Our redzone defense was awesome in 2011, not so much the last 2 years. Don't know why that is... Maybe it's the new hit rule. We were able to smack em in the redzone that would have been a penalty in the current rules.

LaMichael James has been a bit of a disappointment so far for me. He's not bad but he just doesn't wow you like he did in college.
1. I think they should trade up for Denard. Have to shore up secondary. Maybe get Whitner's replacement in later part of draft.
2. Draft best WR in the 2nd round.
3. Spend most of remaining picks on O-Line maybe sneak in a RB with upside with one of the picks.

Getting Denard is #1 on my list as I think he will be a stud despite his size.
He is just a CB. Unless we trade a low-rounder, I don't want us to jump for a CB.

Originally posted by 49erfaninAZ:
Stop being so dang conservative

i agree with this 100 percent, always seems like all our f**king games are close, we seem to just sit on a lead and milk it instead of pounding a team to the ground.
Kaep also needs to work on his touch for the short and screen passes.
What do we need to get us over the top? If Lattimore can come back he would be part of the equation. Tank, Lemonier, Dial and Ian Williams should break through. The coaching staff knows how to find DB's, find them and most importantly let them play. Continued growth of Patton and McDonald, and finding a burner. Let Bow take all the time necessary to heal and come back as good as ever, he's so special.
A lot of things 1st of all the coaches need to develop a killer instinct they come out hard then relax and let a team hang around. Notice how Seattle smelled blood yesterday and never let up. Roman needs to go or come up with a new offense philosophy running the ball up the middle to Gore and having Kaep one read receivers and hoping the defense wins the rest is not going to cut it anymore. Roman needs to figure out a way to get production out of EVERYONE let every one contribute. Our secondary needs to be re done this off season they give up HUGE plays when it matters most look how Seattle uses there good secondary enough said. The situational football has to be fixed also we make crucial mistakes in crucial times we cant get the play called in on and we waste time outs challenge dumb plays at times our coaching as good as it is has to get better. Main areas of focus this off season better coaching better secondary and Kaep maturing .
Start rotating our D lineman consistently like Carolina and Seattle. Fangio rotated this year because of injury, I hope he continues to rotate like Seattle (DEs Avril, Clemens, Bryant and Bennett all see the field every game) due to down and distance.
Share 49ersWebzone