There are 59 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What do the 49ers need to be a better team?

What do the 49ers need to be a better team?

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
NFC WEST = SEC.

Yup.
Originally posted by OrangeCrush:
If you don't want Kaep,

I'll trade Manning, his paste eating brother, a bag of weed, a 1st edition Charizard and a large papa john's pizza straight up, yo!

IIRC, Kaep had 3 turnovers in the NFCC?

I really only felt 1 of those was a terrible mistake on his part. the others were just great either dumb luck or a good football move on behalf of SEA.

I'm disgusted seeing Seattle fans celebrating.

Funny how we almost signed Manning... Kap had a ball stripped where he was not paying attention to the pressure, threw a silly int to Chancelor and the fatal play to sherman. The last play caught the most flak because we had two timeouts left and that was first down. No need to challenge their best DB in that situation. But Kap doesn't play scared. He saw one on one and went for it. That's cool with me if it weren't the final drive of the game.

But it is what it is. If a great like Manning looks like crap vs. SEA on a neutral field ill take Kap's performance in SEA as a good sign for the future. He got punked his first two times in SEA but fired back this time.

As for SEA fans, if they try to throw that 12th man in your face remind them that they stole it from Texas A&M, got sued, and purchased a license to use their name. Its like if the 49ers paid the raiders to use the term black hole. Its lame and embarrassing, especially if you catch those who don;t even know that off guard. Most of them are bandwagoners anyway who think Sargent Largent was a character in full metal jacket.
And people thought the rivalry between the 49'ers and Seahawks fan bases were fierce this year. Imagine how much more intense it will be next year! You know the path to the Lombardi goes through the NFC West. Hopefully we dominate for years to come!

And a comment just to rib you guy, I wonder if they can edit that Seahawks Brick at Levi Stadium to have have XLVIII on it? :P
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Feel your pain brother.

Think your pain is a tad bit worse.

Not trying to rub it in,

but SF lost to all 3 SB winners in the past 3 years

NYG
BAL
SEA

All of which you were 1 play away from winning. Granted you'll never know if you would have won all 3, but knowing how favored or close you were.

It does say something about the mentality of your team though.

How many teams have just rolled over and died after losing a SB or title game?
OrangeCrush You're right, the Niners are not easily discouraged and we can thank Harbaugh and the vets for that. After reading your post I'm kind of pissed that the Niners weren't more aggressive in all three games. Most likely wouldn't have won all three but I would have been real happy with two out of three.
Originally posted by dave_n_ruth:
And people thought the rivalry between the 49'ers and Seahawks fan bases were fierce this year. Imagine how much more intense it will be next year! You know the path to the Lombardi goes through the NFC West. Hopefully we dominate for years to come!

And a comment just to rib you guy, I wonder if they can edit that Seahawks Brick at Levi Stadium to have have XLVIII on it? :P

I plan on editing all SEA bricks with urine.

And it really is going to be intense. If the 12th anal wart steps foot on our grounds they are going to get heckled like none other.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Feb 3, 2014 at 1:42 AM ]
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
OrangeCrush You're right, the Niners are not easily discouraged and we can thank Harbaugh and the vets for that. After reading your post I'm kind of pissed that the Niners weren't more aggressive in all three games. Most likely wouldn't have won all three but I would have been real happy with two out of three.

Next year is full of potential. Don't get discouraged by the past. It's going to be the best season ever in just a few months!
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
I plan on editing all SEA bricks with urine.

:P
Steroids
Originally posted by dave_n_ruth:

Next year is full of potential. Don't get discouraged by the past. It's going to be the best season ever in just a few months!
Thanks dave-n-ruth! I've been a fan for 35 years and seen the good, bad and ugly like I'm sure you have. We.as fans, just don't know when the Niners will have the team and the opportunity to get another Lombardi. Or how long we'll have to wait for another chance for the stars to align. So when it does happen they need to GO FOR IT! as we used to say back in the day.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Steroids

+Adderall + Noise reflecting stadium + Big CB's with dreadlocks who have a real mouthy arrogant attitude.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Steroids

+Adderall + Noise reflecting stadium + Big CB's with dreadlocks who have a real mouthy arrogant attitude.

don't forget a coach who looks like a grandma
Can't get much better than we already are from a personnel standpoint. What more do we need? All-pros at every position? We almost do have that!!!!

Biggest thing we can do is expand the passing game to feature more targets. There must be a greater emphasis on ball distribution. Make every possible pass-catcher on the field a threat that the defense must account for. Draw up more plays designed to get the #3 WR and # 2 TE the ball early in the progression. It doesn't have to be Crab-Boldin-VD EVERY PLAY. This is done across the league to keep defenses honest, but somehow our coaching staff hasn't figured it out.
Thanks dave-n-ruth! I've been a fan for 35 years and seen the good, bad and ugly like I'm sure you have. We.as fans, just don't know when the Niners will have the team and the opportunity to get another Lombardi. Or how long we'll have to wait for another chance for the stars to align. So when it does happen they need to GO FOR IT! as we used to say back in the day.

I hope this rivalry just continues to grow and endure. If both teams are constantly building against each other then we don't need to worry about the other 30 teams. Though it looks like the Cardinals and the Rams might want in on our fun in the near future.
After seeing my denver broncos get embarrassed, destroyed and demolished, I would say there is very little improvement your team needs.

You were that close to winning another lombardi.

NFC West is the new black and blue division, the sad part is NFC West and AFC West meet next season. I don't see Denver winning more than 1 game against you division.

I wanna know how we get some of the people in your front office over to mile high. Denver is soft as butter.

I quite jealous the position SF and SEA is in. The only thing I see breaking it, is when contracts are up and players want more money.

The intensity of the regular season is at a certain level, the intensity of the playoffs is at another level, then the intensity of the Super Bowl is at a whole other level.

When I watched Peyton at home beat New England, I thought, "This is a defensive victory, this stuff wouldn't work against us or Seattle."
I wanted Denver to win, but I couldn't honestly see Manning moving the ball against Seattle. Not the way he played in the AFC Championship.

Your coach said it best, "We ran into a buzz saw." You guys were not prepared for the type of defense you were about to face. You had too much success against weaker defenses during the season, there is no way you could have prepared for a defense like our's or Seattle's without actually facing them during the regular season.

And Manning is not famous for his postseason ability. Sorry but that is just how his career has been.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Can't get much better than we already are from a personnel standpoint. What more do we need? All-pros at every position? We almost do have that!!!!

Biggest thing we can do is expand the passing game to feature more targets. There must be a greater emphasis on ball distribution. Make every possible pass-catcher on the field a threat that the defense must account for. Draw up more plays designed to get the #3 WR and # 2 TE the ball early in the progression. It doesn't have to be Crab-Boldin-VD EVERY PLAY. This is done across the league to keep defenses honest, but somehow our coaching staff hasn't figured it out.

We are a Brooks shoulder-level tackle away from holding the Lombardi.