There are 113 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What do the 49ers need to be a better team?

What do the 49ers need to be a better team?

Originally posted by ninerjok:
Get Miller back for one thing. He is a huge key to our running game. A sledgehammering FB who's vastly underrated and he was missed in the playoff run more than I wanna admit. Best blocking FB in the league bar none.

When he is in, Gore looks like a stud. When he isnt........well you saw that in the NFCCG.
After seeing my denver broncos get embarrassed, destroyed and demolished, I would say there is very little improvement your team needs.

You were that close to winning another lombardi.

NFC West is the new black and blue division, the sad part is NFC West and AFC West meet next season. I don't see Denver winning more than 1 game against you division.

I wanna know how we get some of the people in your front office over to mile high. Denver is soft as butter.

I quite jealous the position SF and SEA is in. The only thing I see breaking it, is when contracts are up and players want more money.
Hi niners fans,

I'm a seahawks fan, obvious to say i'm happy with our win tonight. However there is a line of thought that you all deserve to know. I was watching the game with a non-football fan who also watched the NFCCG, he immediatley realized that the superbowl was a joke from the first snap. I was sweating bricks while he was honestly complaining about how boring this game was going to be. The reason I say this is because as the game went on we both agreed the NFCCG was the championship, either team would have destroyed the broncos. The seahawks and 49ers are 1.a and 1.b, we make the rest of the league look like a joke.

You guys don't need to change your roster, if you keep it the same you have a 50% chance of going to the superbowl every year (depends on HFA).

Go NFC West
[ Edited by TheRealDTM on Feb 3, 2014 at 12:19 AM ]
I think if we brought back Glen Coffee we'd absolutely shred the competition
  • ace52
  • Veteran
We need better, and more consistent, play from our secondary. The Niners DBs have been giving up a few big, momentum-swinging, demoralizing plays in every big game that we've been in the past few years.
We also need better pass protection out of our O-line. If A. Davis didn't get molested by Avril in the NFCCG, for example, we might have had a different result in that game.
Originally posted by OrangeCrush:
After seeing my denver broncos get embarrassed, destroyed and demolished, I would say there is very little improvement your team needs.

You were that close to winning another lombardi.

NFC West is the new black and blue division, the sad part is NFC West and AFC West meet next season. I don't see Denver winning more than 1 game against you division.

I wanna know how we get some of the people in your front office over to mile high. Denver is soft as butter.

I quite jealous the position SF and SEA is in. The only thing I see breaking it, is when contracts are up and players want more money.

Welcome back man. Tough loss. Most of us were bronco fans tonight for sure. You guys got caught in the classic trap vs. Seahawks. Get down early and play from behind. They thrive on that, especially in SEA. Luckily you guys were on a neautral field. Imagine if this game was played in SEA.

The NFC west is a tough division. SEA and the 49ers boast a top 5 defense, AZ is in the top 10 and STL is not far behind. People like to rip on our passing game but we faced the top defenses this year, including SEA and AZ twice.

Iron sharpens iron so we make each other better.

That being said, wtf happened? Broncos did not look prepared at all and were getting manhandled in all three phases of the game. Manning looked like Dilfer out there.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Welcome back man. Tough loss. Most of us were bronco fans tonight for sure. You guys got caught in the classic trap vs. Seahawks. Get down early and play from behind. They thrive on that, especially in SEA. Luckily you guys were on a neautral field. Imagine if this game was played in SEA.

The NFC west is a tough division. SEA and the 49ers boast a top 5 defense, AZ is in the top 10 and STL is not far behind. People like to rip on our passing game but we faced the top defenses this year, including SEA and AZ twice.

That being said, wtf happened? Broncos did not look prepared at all and were getting manhandled in all three phases of the game. Manning looked like Dilfer out there.

ttruth

What happened was Denver was built like a Lamborghini. Seattle and SF are both fully loaded 18 wheelers.

We saw what happens when the collide.

This super bowl was a lot like the 80s

Not just because it was a lopsided SB. But seemed as though that whoever came out of the AFC did not stand a chance. The NFC is just that much better. 9ers and hawks being the 1A and 1B teams of the NFL.

Peyton looked like a lost child, our O-line looked weak, and our receiving corps got tossed like rag dolls. With denver being physically and mentally weak in combine with the incredible performance of the Seattle D, what you saw was a national embarrassment.

EDIT:

The dink and dunk offence is what ultimately killed us. It doesn't take a NFL head coach to know Manning can't throw it deep very well at all. Seattle made sure they were not going to give up 1 yard passes turning into 5+ yards.

I think it would be in SF's best interest to find a deep WR threat.

Collin Kaep can put some pepper on his balls, I have seen it more than once.

If he can learn to read defenses and lean not to pull a Jay Cutler, he could pick any defense apart.
[ Edited by OrangeCrush on Feb 3, 2014 at 12:32 AM ]

What happened was Denver was built like a Lamborghini. Seattle and SF are both fully loaded 18 wheelers.

We saw what happens when the collide.

This super bowl was a lot like the 80s

Not just because it was a lopsided SB. But seemed as though that whoever came out of the AFC did not stand a chance. The NFC is just that much better. 9ers and hawks being the 1A and 1B teams of the NFL.

Peyton looked like a lost child, our O-line looked weak, and our receiving corps got tossed like rag dolls. With denver being physically and mentally weak in combine with the incredible performance of the Seattle D, what you saw was a national embarrassment.

True. A sign that the AFC was weak this year was the fact that NE made it to the AFCC with like 9 starters missing. Manning v. Brady transitioned to Brees v. Rogers and Steelers v. Ravens transitioned to SEA vs. SF. These four teams will be in the hunt again in the near future.

After watching Manning and Brees against SEA, I feel bad about ripping kap. Watching the highlights, he basically was making almost every single play to help us move the chains while everything else was getting stuffed.
If you don't want Kaep,

I'll trade Manning, his paste eating brother, a bag of weed, a 1st edition Charizard and a large papa john's pizza straight up, yo!

IIRC, Kaep had 3 turnovers in the NFCC?

I really only felt 1 of those was a terrible mistake on his part. the others were just great either dumb luck or a good football move on behalf of SEA.

I'm disgusted seeing Seattle fans celebrating.
If you don't want Kaep,

I'll trade Manning, his paste eating brother, a bag of weed, a 1st edition Charizard and a large papa john's pizza straight up, yo!

IIRC, Kaep had 3 turnovers in the NFCC?

I really only felt 1 of those was a terrible mistake on his part. the others were just great either dumb luck or a good football move on behalf of SEA.

I'm disgusted seeing Seattle fans celebrating.

Feel your pain brother.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Feel your pain brother.

Think your pain is a tad bit worse.

Not trying to rub it in,

but SF lost to all 3 SB winners in the past 3 years

NYG
BAL
SEA

All of which you were 1 play away from winning. Granted you'll never know if you would have won all 3, but knowing how favored or close you were.

It does say something about the mentality of your team though.

How many teams have just rolled over and died after losing a SB or title game?
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Feel your pain brother.

Think your pain is a tad bit worse.

Not trying to rub it in,

but SF lost to all 3 SB winners in the past 3 years

NYG
BAL
SEA

All of which you were 1 play away from winning. Granted you'll never know if you would have won all 3, but knowing how favored or close you were.

It does say something about the mentality of your team though.

How many teams have just rolled over and died after losing a SB or title game?
Yeah that has a lot to to with harbaugh and key leaders on the team like VD, Willis, Justin Smith, Bowman, Staley who keep things in order mostly leading by example.

A lot of teams just roll over after losses like that but our team will keep on fighting. You guys will as well with Manning aboard.

Cheers to our teams being the super bowl losers back to back. Hey, at least we aren't the Browns.

P.S. lets hope Von "Miller Lite" and Aldone "with this bottle" Smith don't hang out this offseason.
Originally posted by TheRealDTM:
Hi niners fans,

I'm a seahawks fan, obvious to say i'm happy with our win tonight. However there is a line of thought that you all deserve to know. I was watching the game with a non-football fan who also watched the NFCCG, he immediatley realized that the superbowl was a joke from the first snap. I was sweating bricks while he was honestly complaining about how boring this game was going to be. The reason I say this is because as the game went on we both agreed the NFCCG was the championship, either team would have destroyed the broncos. The seahawks and 49ers are 1.a and 1.b, we make the rest of the league look like a joke.

You guys don't need to change your roster, if you keep it the same you have a 50% chance of going to the superbowl every year (depends on HFA).

Go NFC West

NFC WEST = SEC.
Yeah that has a lot to to with harbaugh and key leaders on the team like VD, Willis, Justin Smith, Bowman, Staley who keep things in order mostly leading by example.

A lot of teams just roll over after losses like that but our team will keep on fighting. You guys will as well with Manning aboard.

Cheers to our teams being the super bowl losers back to back. Hey, at least we aren't the Browns.

P.S. lets hope Von "Miller Lite" and Aldone "with this bottle" Smith don't hang out this offseason.
god forbid