There are 73 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What do the 49ers need to be a better team?

What do the 49ers need to be a better team?

It's our OLINE.

Frank Gore, 11 rush for 14 yds. The Seahawks were in his face past our oline as soon as he touched the ball.
Originally posted by dfs144:
I still would not be shocked on draft day to see a trade to aquire a deep threat WR or #1 Corner from another team. It might be time that the front office decides on taking chance with free agency.

I would. Salary cap.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
I still would not be shocked on draft day to see a trade to aquire a deep threat WR or #1 Corner from another team. It might be time that the front office decides on taking chance with free agency.

I would. Salary cap.
this front office will not and should not take a "chance" in free agency. they target the "right" type of people, put a price tag on that person and thats that. I still can not understand why people still do not understand this after all these years.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
It's our OLINE.

Frank Gore, 11 rush for 14 yds. The Seahawks were in his face past our oline as soon as he touched the ball.

its not that i disagree, but your o-line is the #1 thing that suffers in seattle, they get off the snap a bit slower cus of the noise while their d-line gets a quick jump. its not the best example.
[ Edited by crabman82 on Feb 5, 2014 at 10:48 AM ]
It's our OLINE.

No. That had everything to do with an aggressive defense jumping obvious play calls. A better line won't help that.

You know, unless you stack up John Hannah, Gene Upshaw, Mike Webster, Larry Allen, and Conrad Dobler. You can ask those guys to block two men at a time. But not many others would be successful with that assignment.
You forgot the option: "Pay the Officials" http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2014/02/05/seattle-win-in-nfc-title-game-was-fixed/
Originally posted by crabman82:
It's our OLINE.

its not that i disagree, but your o-line is the #1 thing that suffers in seattle, they get off the snap a bit slower cus of the noise while their d-line gets a quick jump. its not the best example.

Maybe it's Fwank wearing down towards the end of the season -- he was 13 for 14 at 'Zona. Anyway, you should be able to run the ball against Seattle if you want to win. There's no excuse. If we could have run the ball we probably win comfortably. There's no fateful Andy Lee punt, Kap probably doesn't turn the ball over twice, etc.

Anyway, I know there are so many other factors but our oline needs to figure out how to beat the snap @ Seattle. I mean Tampa Bay and some other teams were able to run effectively up there.
Maybe it's Fwank wearing down towards the end of the season -- he was 13 for 14 at 'Zona. Anyway, you should be able to run the ball against Seattle if you want to win. There's no excuse. If we could have run the ball we probably win comfortably. There's no fateful Andy Lee punt, Kap probably doesn't turn the ball over twice, etc.

Anyway, I know there are so many other factors but our oline needs to figure out how to beat the snap @ Seattle. I mean Tampa Bay and some other teams were able to run effectively up there.

The other teams didn't come at seattle with Gore+Tukuafu+McDonald+Snyder in the backfield.

Guess who's getting the ball?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
It's our OLINE.

No. That had everything to do with an aggressive defense jumping obvious play calls. A better line won't help that.

You know, unless you stack up John Hannah, Gene Upshaw, Mike Webster, Larry Allen, and Conrad Dobler. You can ask those guys to block two men at a time. But not many others would be successful with that assignment.
and you would get bit by dobler
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by English:

I would. Salary cap.
this front office will not and should not take a "chance" in free agency. they target the "right" type of people, put a price tag on that person and thats that. I still can not understand why people still do not understand this after all these years.

Right. You would think fans would get that by now. Harbaugh and Baalke are basically following the Belachek model - trying to build through the draft, keep key players and only spend specific amounts on free agents when they can get good value. But, no big money free agents. It ruins the cap structure and often even hurts the chemistry of a team because players who have been working their way up through training camps and off season workouts often resent players who just waltz in and make more money than anyone else on the team.

The other teams didn't come at seattle with Gore+Tukuafu+McDonald+Snyder in the backfield.

Wait, some say it's the noise that's at fault, you're saying it's the personnel lineup. What is it? Both? I don't buy the fact that we tried to run Gore only with Tukuafu in the lineup. I have the game on DVR, I'll go back and look when I get a chance.
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran

I mean thats true it was obvious they got to not make it so obvious.The way to beat Seattle is to get a running game going.We should have used Kendall Hunter way more down the stretch to spell Gore(in the late season and playoffs).You have to run at them get Kam and Thomas to respect the run and then you can attack Sherman and Maxwell.I've said it a million times Sherman is good but he is so good because those two are always there to clean up his mess with a leveling hit or excellent help in coverage.You can't let them roam the backfield or your not going to pass for anything.They are that good.After a couple of hits receivers run there routes hearing footsteps ask the Bronco's receivers and Vernon Davis.
[ Edited by 9er2k on Feb 5, 2014 at 11:20 AM ]
Originally posted by cciowa:
and you would get bit by dobler

Conrad Dobler put the offensive in offensive lineman like Larry Allen put the cow in Cowboys.
Originally posted by crabman82:
It's our OLINE.

Yeah that's true. That explains why the OLine struggled so much in this game. However, I do think that the running game in general was less effective in the latter part of the season. Now that could be to a combination of factors, including the loss of Bruce Miller.
Originally posted by real9erfan:
Yeah that's true. That explains why the OLine struggled so much in this game. However, I do think that the running game in general was less effective in the latter part of the season. Now that could be to a combination of factors, including the loss of Bruce Miller.

It explains why EVERY offensive line struggles in Seattle.