There are 283 users in the forums

What do the 49ers need to be a better team?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What do the 49ers need to be a better team?

How about make eliminating the freaking delay of game penalties a top priority. Since Harbaugh has become our coach we have been the worst team in the NFL in that stat every damn year. I want a traditional OC. One that creates the entire gameplan, one that calls the plays himself.

How many plays would have been successful if we had a QB who was not trying to rush due to the immense amount of time it takes us to get a freaking play called and wathing his play clock slowly wind away?

http://www.nflpenalties.com/penalty/delay-of-game?&year=2013

Something I found interesting, for having such a reputation of causing false starts, the Niners benefited from more false starts this last season than Seattle did, and Seattle hasn't ranked better than middle of the pack in that stat in the last 4 years.
[ Edited by WINiner on Feb 4, 2014 at 6:17 PM ]
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by T-9ers:
Kaep appears simple minded and vain to me, extreme body art, arguing on social media like a tool, maybe he we should convert him to wide receiver.

Simple minded and maybe we should convert him to wide receiver.

SMH. Your post wins an award but I don't expect you will be proud of it.

I'm trying to make a connection in what I see in each QB's mentality. I'm not trying to bag on Kaep, but if you don't think there's anything to how one conducts themselves off the field compared to when they're on the field, I disagree. I think there is something to it. Another poster gave me sh*t last year when I said I thought Wilson was smarter than Kaep, so I'm not surprised to see Wilson hoisting the Lombardi Trophy before Kaep because I'm not sold Kaep will ever hoist it. This doesn't mean I don't think Kaep isn't one of the most dynamic players we've ever seen, he is. I'm just waiting to see that something else, that intuition a great QB has, that understanding of what a defense is doing and the ability to pick it apart with his brains.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We got beat the last 3 times out of 4 times we played them. Several by blowout margins in their favor. They are better.

3 of last 4 games have been at their house though. I guess that doesn't count? So tired of your whining and b***hin throughout the years. Everything is so dramatic to you. Still don't understand why you won't become a charger fan.
[ Edited by kronik on Feb 4, 2014 at 8:23 PM ]
Originally posted by kronik:
We got beat the last 3 times out of 4 times we played them. Several by blowout margins in their favor. They are better.

3 of last 4 games have been at their house though. I guess that doesn't count? So tired of your whining and b***hin throughout the years. Still don't understand why you won't become a charger fan.

Because I don't like them and never have.....
Originally posted by rk1642:
Need better passing from our qb.

I don't want to hear about not having enough weapons for Colin either. At the end of the year when we/he needed weapons, he had them in spades. Lets see, one of the best TE's, best hands WR in the NFL in Crab and the best toss it up and catch it WR in the NFL in Boldin. On top of that we have Frank and one of if not the best Olines in football. Wholly crap people who else has more than that? Nobody.

So please stop with the excuses for Kaep, he needs to work on his craft a whole lot more than he has in the past (coach's too) Its great that he can run like the wind and make plays but he also must learn how to keep calm in the pocket and go thru his progressions.

Oh and our D is just as good as Seattles and our kickers are some of if not the best in the NFL, so its pretty obvious were we need to improve.

Yes, they will draft another WR and that's great to add still another weapon for Kaep but if he doesn't go thru his progressions on a regular basis what good is having 3 top notch WR's?

I think he can improve with coaching and dedication, just hope he puts in the time and effort.

I'm not saying our receivers are horrible when they are healthy. But you are drinking the koolaid. Boldin is the best toss it up and catch receiver? Do you even watch football? You heard of Calvin Johnson and Fitzgerald? Heck, Boldin dropped 2 crucial passes during the NCCG. Best toss it up & catch guy? Hell I don't even think he is at Alshon Jeffrey or Michael Floyd's level in terms of catching hail mary passes.

You really need to watch other wr's in the NFL. Guys like Josh Gordon, Dez Bryant, Julio Jones not only attack the ball high with great hands, but those guys also can run circles around Anquan. To say that we have better receiving core than ATL, DAL, DEN, GB, HOU, CIN, ARI, PITT you're nuts

After all that being said, most teams have a speed element on the outside. This causes safeties to play back. Unfortunately, we have the slowest starting WR's in the NFL. Vernon Davis is super fast for a tight end but unfortunately, the niners don't line him up wide often enough.

Let me ask you this. During this entire year, did we have a WR catch a pass and outrun the defenders into the endzone? So tired of watching defenders run down our WR's so easily.
[ Edited by kronik on Feb 4, 2014 at 8:51 PM ]
Kaep appears simple minded and vain to me, extreme body art, arguing on social media like a tool, maybe he we should convert him to wide receiver.

I'm trying to make a connection in what I see in each QB's mentality. I'm not trying to bag on Kaep, but if you don't think there's anything to how one conducts themselves off the field compared to when they're on the field, I disagree. I think there is something to it. Another poster gave me sh*t last year when I said I thought Wilson was smarter than Kaep, so I'm not surprised to see Wilson hoisting the Lombardi Trophy before Kaep because I'm not sold Kaep will ever hoist it. This doesn't mean I don't think Kaep isn't one of the most dynamic players we've ever seen, he is. I'm just waiting to see that something else, that intuition a great QB has, that understanding of what a defense is doing and the ability to pick it apart with his brains.

Probably the dumbest post I've read in awhile. And that's saying something.

You make a lot of good points here. I agree with a lot of it. The WZers will criticize you because they don't want to hear it. But that doesn't make what you say not true. In fact it is. More so than most are willing to admit.....
We need to get a little better in the secondary, and we need to get much better in the passing game. Whitner, Brown, Rogers, Culliver, Cox, and Wright are all ? marks heading into next season. We could see a major revamp of the secondary.

Passing game clearly needs to expand. Kap needs to be more consistent in his accuracy, timing, mechanics. I think the coaching staff also needs to scheme to get other players the ball besides the big 3 (Crab, Vernon, Boldin). Of course those 3 should be targeted the most, but we should draw up plays to get McDonald, Patton, and the RBs more involved in the passing game to keep teams honest.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Feb 4, 2014 at 11:56 PM ]
You make a lot of good points here. I agree with a lot of it. The WZers will criticize you because they don't want to hear it. But that doesn't make what you say not true. In fact it is. More so than most are willing to admit.....

His post is pretty spot on. Until Kaepernick succeeds in breaking the cultural norm he is so proudly battling, it will remain a distraction. Colin is obviously good enough to win a Super Bowl but to win multiple titles in the future and become the leader of this offense will take personal maturing. Less "image" and more NFL QB.

Well, over the last few weeks, jonnydel and thl408 have been kind enough to provide evidence that Kaepernick is very well developing mentally as a QB, at least to the point where he is still making mistakes that inexperienced QBs make, but at the same time, recognizing as he plays more and more games what defenses are trying to do to him or the rest of his offense, all while still trying to solidify his mechanics because that's not even quite there yet. He's still going to be a bit loose with the ball (INT to Chancellor being one example, an inexcusable one).

Wilson himself is somewhat in the same boat, albeit he's less mistake prone than Kaepernick is. He was also a lot more pro-ready coming out of Wisconsin AND he's started in more games. Still, up from the 2nd game against the Niners until before the Super Bowl, he actually wasn't playing all that well.

So right now, it would be dishonest to attempt to argue that Kaepernick is strictly a one-read, can't read defenses, etc. dude. Which brings me to the following...

No one is arguing that Kaepernick doesn't have major flaws in his game right now. But everyone here can see that you're not actually willing to participate in an honest discussion about it.

I still would not be shocked on draft day to see a trade to aquire a deep threat WR or #1 Corner from another team. It might be time that the front office decides on taking chance with free agency.
A killer instinct
Score and keep scoring
Keep was my draft crush but he needs some improvement but he still plays more than well enough to pile up scores
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Forty_Niners:
A 27 year old that dresses like an adolescent has obvious mental issues. Like I checked the QB position is mostly mental.

Considering the excellence that Bill Walsh stood by, this defending of all things Kaepernick because he's currently the starting QB is pathetic.

some things are not worth answering
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kronik:

3 of last 4 games have been at their house though. I guess that doesn't count? So tired of your whining and b***hin throughout the years. Still don't understand why you won't become a charger fan.

Because I don't like them and never have.....

but those old school uniforms are pretty cool
It's our OLINE.

Frank Gore, 11 rush for 14 yds. The Seahawks were in his face past our oline as soon as he touched the ball.
Share 49ersWebzone