There are 226 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What do the 49ers need to be a better team?

What do the 49ers need to be a better team?

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
They need Seattle to get raided in FA over the next few years. That is a superior team on many levels. We can't beat them. They need to get knocked down a few pegs.

They need Seattle to get raided in FA over the next few years. That is a superior team on many levels. We can't beat them. They need to get knocked down a few pegs.

Kaepernick!

Kaepernick!
Originally posted by jonesadrian:

sounds good except for the fact that we did beat them this year. lmao

and should have beaten them in their place and had an opportunity to actually do so.

i mean superior on many levels? the only thing you can say is secondary (which is closer than people are willing to admit) and running back.

that's it.

but i know where you're going to go with this.

Was he going to, let me guess...........

KAEPERNICK!
We need to stay strong in the Trenches O-line,D-line
Originally posted by cciowa:
careful, when you dare to be critical of JH and roman you get accused of wanting nolan back. GM said nothing wrong in my opinion. the coaches pick the worst time to back down on offense and defense
Agree 100% and I think this is THE major difference right now between SF and Seattle right now.
All except O Line. It's one of the best in the league. It's better than what Peyton Manning is playing with. It's underrated on the WZ. People want it to be perfect but it doesn't work like that.

Lol!!!! I can't believe YOU of all people wrote this! The same guy that says our QB isn't perfect enough!

I think it's possible for this team to overtake Seattle, but it's not going to happen with this offensive coaching staff. The staff has to go, period.

The defense put them in all the spots to win 2 weeks ago, even after Bowman went down, and this offense was so flat out incompetent that it blew every chance from the opening fumble to three free drives in the 4th quarter.

If anyone thinks we're winning a Super Bowl with this offensive coaching staff, they've got another thing coming. This staff has made Randy Moss, Ted Ginn, and Ricardo Lockette look like crap, all of whom went on to look great on other teams. Hell, even AJ Jenkins did better when he was away from these offensive coaches.
better red zone play calling.
TEBOW
[ Edited by MikeRumph on Feb 3, 2014 at 9:15 PM ]
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Honestly, to get better, this team needs better mental Lapse avoidment. Its the critical errors like Turnovers and delay of games. The little schit that stalls drives and turns td drives into FGs. And a new safety and new center on offense.

I think focus beats the 12th man any time. We have a team right now that walked into Seattle and almost beat them, but made mistakes at the end. The 12th man had nothing to do with that game. That wasn't always the case, but iron sharpens iron and we are getting tougher for it. We almost broke through this game, but I think we will sweep them next year. Oh, and I also think Kap needs to mature a bit.
  • thl408
I'm wondering what posters that say 'open up the offense' mean since it can mean many things like: pass more (run less), spread the ball around, throw deep more often, mix up personnel/formations, etc. I'm just asking because I wanted to hear your guys' specific wants. For me it's throwing to the RBs in the flats and attacking horizontally. I thought LMJ was drafted for that. I'm not talking about check down routes over the middle. The 49ers' idea of this is play action pass, quick pass to the FB that just faked a lead block. That's not even close to LMJ/Hunter in the open field versus one LB. Slip one tackle and it's a nice 8-10 yard gain with low risk. My vote went to improving the Oline. I don't know how that happens besides a new Center and simply improved play by the other 4 guys. I think many other good things will follow if this happens.
Originally posted by thl408:
I'm wondering what posters that say 'open up the offense' mean since it can mean many things like: pass more (run less), spread the ball around, throw deep more often, mix up personnel/formations, etc. I'm just asking because I wanted to hear your guys' specific wants. For me it's throwing to the RBs in the flats and attacking horizontally. I thought LMJ was drafted for that. I'm not talking about check down routes over the middle. The 49ers' idea of this is play action pass, quick pass to the FB that just faked a lead block. That's not even close to LMJ/Hunter in the open field versus one LB. Slip one tackle and it's a nice 8-10 yard gain with low risk. My vote went to improving the Oline. I don't know how that happens besides a new Center and simply improved play by the other 4 guys. I think many other good things will follow if this happens.

opening up the offense is doing what we did the 2nd half of the atlanta game and 1st quarter of the arizona game for 4 quarters every single game without conceding punts or trying to protect the ball and air out the clock when we're up by 3 points.

we ran complex systems PLURAL every time out and each time it was completely different than the last series which rendered the photos they looked at on the sideline USELESS

THAT stretch is what we should have and could have been doing all season but didn't
and that is what we could have done in the playoffs but didn't.

playing like that we're hoisting a trophy right now because the defense was dialed in.

you know my complaints
utilize everyone in the offense..
they came out with play action drag route to macdonald. he caught it rumbled for a nice gain and roman said "ok that works lets never do that again"
hunter runs to the edge gets yards he says "ok that worked let's not do that again let's go back to the predictable up the gut no blocking run"
"they can't get free? ok don't stack the routes"
"no don't send vernon deep send him on 3 yard crossing routes or out patterns against the zone"
"no, nonsense if we're going to pass we're going to do it out of 4 wide or 2"
"yea i know we should stick with the run but it isn't working and it's a tie game we have to abandon it"
"yea kap 1st down 19 yards to the end zone we have 2 time outs f**k it throw it to the end zone no need to get it close enough to where we could possibly try to run it in, run a screen, do the vd fake block td play.. nope. just go for it right here cause i know that if we get any closer i'll just end up wasting both timeouts because my palms are sweaty and i don't know what to call because the moment is too big for me... why oh why couldn't we just need a field goal.. i can do that no problem"

Lol. What a crock. Yeah, that NFCCG was such a one sided affair.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

We got beat the last 3 times out of 4 times we played them. Several by blowout margins in their favor. They are better.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

We got beat the last 3 times out of 4 times we played them. Several by blowout margins in their favor. They are better.

Three out of four, wow. That's like, 75% of the time. So on a scale of 1 - 100, they are a "75" and we are a "25". This is some advanced stuff here.

Of course you forget to mention that each team beats the other team at home 100% of the time.