There are 134 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Would You Approve this trade?

Would You Approve this trade?

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Keep telling yourself that, mostly to me it indicates noobs who play Madden too much and come up with a lot of dumbass ideas and in a rush to highlight said dumbass ideas, clutter up the whole f**king forum with a bunch of rubbish.

Its why I only check out this board when our thread is dead which happens during the offseason.
When did Manziel become a stud???
Lol, you don't trade a franchise QB just because you don't want to pay him. When you find a good one, one that could potentially be great, you don't f**k with his money, you pay him straight up. You're acting like franchise QBs grow on trees or they're easy to come by which makes this suggestion/thread even more laughable than anything. Starting a rookie QB (Manziel at that, a guy I already have my doubts performing well at the next level), we'll likely be watching the playoffs at home while the Rams/Cards advance.

What a ridiculous thread.
We have 7 more months of posts like this. I hate the offseason
Originally posted by 5timechamps:
When did Manziel become a stud???

LOL, this. BRB, bring in a guy that's barely 6 feet and looks like he just hit puberty over the guy who took you to a Superbowl and conference championship in his first two seasons.
F no.
This is a joke, right? Please tell me this is a joke.
Originally posted by HarboutTHAT:
Originally posted by jrg:
Maybe we should trade Gore, Willis, Bowman, Staley, Davis, Crabtree, Davis, Iupati, Smith, Smith, Whitner, Reid, Culliver, Lee, Dawson, Harbaugh as well.

Lets just trade everything
That escalated quickly...

Originally posted by Rocket4989:
why trade a diva who could snap out of it for another diva who going to be the worst diva in the nfl?

? Kap is not a diva. I love Kap, dont get me wrong. He is a stud but he got that way because of Harbaugh. Harbaugh is a QB magic man and obviously does well with raw mobile QB's (luck, kap, johnson). Being able to control the salary cap is vital, this is a cold calculated move to restart the window.

Johnny's freshman year he was completely raw. Over the course of one summer he morphs into a real qb; playing from the pocket, going through his reads, stronger arm strength. He's trainable. He's getting better. That's what you look for. He has 14 games under his belt, with Harbaugh as coach, he has more potential than any QB in the NFL Kap included.

Watch the tape, esp. the Alabama game, they dared him to beat them from the pocket...
28-of-39 464 yards 5 touchdowns on a D with multiple 1st rounders...

Dude.

Just STOP.

You are only digging the hole deeper. You DO NOT trade a 26 year old franchise QB for the oportunity to take a cheaper one in the draft. If Manziel was so good BTW, why would the Jags even do that deal? They could take Manziel themselves if that were the case.

Come on man...think about it.
Originally posted by CasBanaszek:

Please, make it stop. I vote for a 500 post minimum before people are allowed to make a thread.

Please, make it stop. A large post count indicates loquaciousness, not intelligence.

Actually, it is indicative of having participated in enough threads to have a prolonged opportunity to gain a functional understanding of realistic personnel moves. While several new members to the zone arrive with an impressive base of football knowledge, the majority of new posters are just beginning to pay attention to NFL personnel moves, team-building strategies, positional values, and persistent habits of winning organizations. Those new posters would do well to soak up some of that information before posting trades that no team in the league would ever do (if you doubt the certainty of this last statement, then you can count yourself among those who should observe the league for a bit longer).

While the OP's idea seems interesting and creative, it falls well outside of the realm of reasonable possibility. The league recognizes Kap as a franchise QB. No team with an ascending Franchise QB with an unprecedented combination of physical potential, intelligence, work ethic, and competitive drive would dump that QB while he is still improving rapidly for an unproven option with numerous question marks, for the simple purpose of saving money. It is a ludicrous notion.

The imaginary trades that populate the mock drafts more often than not reference trade value charts or recent trade history, meaning that they may never occur, but there is reason to believe that they could occur. That is a huge difference, in terms of how a post will be received. You wouldn't walk into an NBA coaches meeting and suggest having one player sit on another player's shoulders all game, even though the added height could make shot blocking and dunking remarkably easy. It may seem like a creative idea, but no team would ever do it, and the average fan would know that and waste no time discussing the idea.
Mods thanks for leaving this one open for pure comedy
qb who went to the sb and nfc championship vs. unproven rookie

no...kaep is the man he has earned his place of our qb now and the future
Originally posted by Canadian9erfan:
All you "veterans" do realize this is a Fan Forum to discuss Fan wishes, dreams, mocks, thoughts, opinions, and outlooks on the 49ers and NFL as a whole right? The fact some of you beak the guy for starting this thread is obsurd. This is one persons opinion on a "what if" trade senario. Its the samething as posting your "what if" mock with 3 made up trades etc.

If everything posted on here was 100% serious and everyone agreed with everyones analysis and opinions the site would not exist anymore. YOu all secretly check the site and love to disagree with posts/threads to express why your opinion is better. This is why fan forums were created, so enjoy it!!

No more b***hing.
i agree...let fans do their thing, we dont run the team so thinking outside the box shouldnt be ridiculed
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CasBanaszek:

Please, make it stop. I vote for a 500 post minimum before people are allowed to make a thread.

Please, make it stop. A large post count indicates loquaciousness, not intelligence.

Not really.

A high number of posts does not indicate loquaciousness.

The number of words used per post would indicate loquaciousness.
[ Edited by buck on Jan 30, 2014 at 9:09 AM ]
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WRATHman44: the majority of new posters are just beginning to pay attention to NFL personnel moves, team-building strategies, positional values, and persistent habits of winning organizations.

The majority of new posters lack personnel knowledge? LMFAO Exactly HOW can this be proven?
If someone was to form a study, they just may discover that the majority of people who have time to post thousands of times on a fan forum aren't doing much studying themselves
No.