There are 154 users in the forums

Which loss hurts the most?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which loss hurts the most?

Super Bowl loss left me with watery eyes. I left the Super Bowl party I was attending the minute the game was over. That was the hardest. Craig's fumble hurt too. Then doing nothing against the Giants in the NFCCG. It wasn't all on Kyle Williams but he really messed up. Loss to the Seahawks did not hurt as bad because I honestly didn't think we'd win that game.
Originally posted by 1sacdude:
Although last year's superbowl loss was a heartbreaker.. For me it was Kyle Williams fumble in the NFCG at home, we were coming off a decade of embarrassment of football play and no-one expected us to be better then a 7-9 team coming off the lockout, to be in that position controlling the game in overtime was the ultimate letdown.

How exactly is punting six times in a row to finish a game "controlling" it?
  • slip
  • Veteran
Losing the super bowl (biggest game of the year) is the worst game to lose. I'm sure that would apply in all sports.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by 1sacdude:
Although last year's superbowl loss was a heartbreaker.. For me it was Kyle Williams fumble in the NFCG at home, we were coming off a decade of embarrassment of football play and no-one expected us to be better then a 7-9 team coming off the lockout, to be in that position controlling the game in overtime was the ultimate letdown.

How exactly is punting six times in a row to finish a game "controlling" it?

Agreed. We were not controlling OT against the NY Giants. Not even close.

But the Giants weren't controlling it either. It was a game of "who's going to blink first," and Kyle Williams happily obliged.
Sorry, but it's still the end of the '90 season. Think about it. The first team in history with a chance to win 3 in a row, driving deep into Giants territory with a couple minutes to go and the lead, field goal basically puts the game away, fumble while setting up field goal position, Giants get away with a couple push-offs going back the other way, they all hold hands and pray, field goal, Giants win. Parcells says, "I think God was out there with us today." I gag myself and throw up.

The next week they all hold hands and pray again, missed field goal, Giants win..... just horrible. Worst, most undeserving Super Bowl winner in history. The Niners would have completely obliterated that Bills team.
Super Bowl
All three suck. It will just make winning Super Bowl 49...ers that much more awesome
tbh I was originally going to say the hawks game but that was just because it's so fresh in my mind. SB loss and 2011 NFCC loss are very close. SB loss because after a piss poor first half, we finally looked in position to make an epic comeback and shut Ray Lewis up (id almost forgotten how annoying ray lewis's fake crying thing was). But, bad play calling, terrible no call by the refs, and i suddenly feel like dying.

Giants game hurt because we didn't necessarily play a worse game, though i also wasn't able to see the entire game (had to record it, recording got short because of OT, didnt care to find out much more about rest when i found out we lost.)

We didn't play an outstanding game, but we had injuries, bad calls, and, even though special teams had been awesome that year, maybe even better than the defense, special teams mistakes lose the game.

We'd better win the super bowl soon because im getting tired of losing.
2011 sucked, but it was such a magical season that I was just proud of the team and the ride that season.
2012 was awful. Once the blackout hit, everyone at the party i was at decided to ramp up the drinking to a whole new level..and a new blackout hit. Then the heavy, rapid paced drinking continued throughout the comeback because it was concluded that the drinking was what was fueling the Niner comeback. Barely remember the end and somehow ended up leaving the party without my pants, wallet and keys, got all emotional on the ride home and had my wife call me a p*ssy. Then was hungover and felt like i was mourning a death the next day as i forced myself to watch the last drive over and over which then led to me feeling like a huge loser for even letting a sporting even get me so bummed.
2013-More pissed than anything because i thought they proved they were the better team against a hated rival in the most hostile environment, and then gave the game away. Just frustrating that 3 years in a row this team has been the the most talented team in the league, IMO, but no ring to show for it. Right after the final INT, turned the tv off and haven't watched ESPN or NFL Network since. Feeling pretty pumped about next seasons prospects and the up coming draft.

So yeah, 2012 was BY FAR the worst.
Share 49ersWebzone