There are 85 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Which loss hurts the most?

Which loss hurts the most?

They all sucked evenly. We should be 7-0 going on 8-0 in SB's right now. Cluck it, quest for six next season & catch up wit Pittsburgh, go niners.
They all hurt me equally because it was one play that killed us!!! But, nothing hurts more than losing in the Super Bowl and knowing you were the better team.
The Super Bowl, of course, but I look back and one play or call was the difference in all 3 games. Two gifts for the Giant in 2011, holding in the end zone 2012, and blown calls by the officials this year. The NFL picks the best officials to call the Championship games. In this Hawks game they didn't even know the rule book.
1991 NFC Championship (Roger Craig fumble)...Matt Barr field goal...Carl Banks hit on Joe Montana...AAARGGG!!!
they've all combined to now make me bitter towards the NFL.
Originally posted by JoeisGod:
1991 NFC Championship (Roger Craig fumble)...Matt Barr field goal...Carl Banks hit on Joe Montana...AAARGGG!!!

Leonard Marshall hit Montana.
Superbowl hurt the most b/c of the playcalling at the end
  • BobS
  • Veteran
The last loss of the season hurts the most if it was in the play-offs or prevented us from making the play-offs. So they all equally suck to me.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
The Harbowl... nothing else makes a close 2nd.
Losing a Super Bowl is the worst thing that can ever happen. I honestly would rather lose sooner than get that far and lose that important game. It's horrible.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Losing a Super Bowl is the worst thing that can ever happen. I honestly would rather lose sooner than get that far and lose that important game. It's horrible.

loser mentality
2011 was the worst for me. We we're on an emotional high winning that NFC divisional game vs the Saints and being 24 at the time it was the first time being exposed to being a really good team. The Jeff Garcia years were nice but we we're on the door step of a super bowl and Kyle Williams took that away from you and me. I was absolutely crushed. I had no idea what to think.

The Super Bowl was a close second because we now had expectations and being so close yet so far really hurt but we we're already down like 20 some points in the game so it was kind of like false hope at the end.

Seattle sucked but they were the better team. Their defense was on fire. Russell Wilson still sucks but they score more points lol. That's the only way to describe it. Losing Bowman hurt more than the actual game.

The reason the Giants game ranked so high was because I knew that had we won that game we would have beaten the piss out of the Patriots. Our defense was unstoppable that year. Creating turnovers left and right.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jbeale49:
2011 NYG for me. At home. Bradshaw forward progress. Williams X 2. Awful overtime possessions. Just wanted it badly after that roller coaster ride Vs. New Orleans. When Graham scored that go ahead TD, I don't know if i've ever gone from a lower place to a higher place in 1:37 seconds (similar to bengals in 88. After the playoff drought we went through,we all we're thinking the same thing and we got a top ten moment in franchise history out of it in VD TD.

I live in New England and deal with an ultra jaded fan base in the Patriots. They are rough on their team when they lose and expect to win, which is fair. But what isn't fair is the sense of entitlement to success. Playoff wins are hard to get and not to be taken for granted. In our lean years, 03 - 2010 I vowed to never take for granted future success. To never become anything even resembling New England's fan base in their 13+ years of winning 10+ games.

Thrilled to be behind this team...

God you have no idea how livid I was. EVERY YEAR SINCE THIS GAME dude the refs have been against us. What pissed me off more was hating ass joe buck and troy agreed it was correct call when it was a horses**t call. Yet again bowman makes beast play and we get hosed.
You know what sucks worse than all those losses combined? Not making the playoffs for ten years, under Ericson/Nolan/Singletary!
seattle game went away very quickly. that superbowl was an inside job and the giants game sucked how it happened too. we'll be back next year to finish our quest for six