There are 181 users in the forums

Perspective on this current 49ers team and why I am optimistic

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
We'll get over the hump this coming year in Phoenix. We need to win the offseason Draft better impact players. Enough of this" depth" crap. Draft IMPACT players. Be daring. Jump up and trade for a Sammy Watkins or a Josh Gordon. Loosen up.

I have to agree with this.

As good as our FO is, taking nothing away from them (and their mostly excellent record thus far), we need to refine our talent evaluation (see recent drafted WR's beyond QP), target and acquire impact players to replenish and replace the talent we already have and will lose. Just as with individual players, and the team in general, for the FO if you're staying the same or not getting better, you're getting worse. All that being said, I believe the 49ers will be back in the NFC title game for a fourth straight year and this time they will seal the deal in Super Bowl XLIX.
I was pondering the running back situation going forward . Has the time come to part ways with gore?
I know some of you are screamin already " hell no " but as a niner fan who wants a ring lets look at the stable .
Kendall is not just a good back , he"s a fabulas back waiting for his chance to break out . When i watch him run he has incredable burst
and all most breaks one half the time , inches away from huge gains . I think if he was our starting back he would gel with the offence in no time
and become the bell cow . Behind him we have lattimore and james both whom i like . James has got the wheels and with a regular rotation
i think would compliment hunter just fine . I think he could pull off 500 + yards especially if roman threw more passes to the backfield .
Lattimore could be that dimond in the rough steal of the draft kid . Best of all he could be sprinkled in say 20 percent or so of the plays .
Maybe he works his magic maybe he doesnt , but the kid see's the field and we find out what he brings to the nfl level . To top this off we save 5 to 6 million on gore .
Im a fan of gore and know what he"s done for the team but i want rings and i think we can really catch teams off guard with these 3 backs . Thank you gore for all youve done we'll trade ya to a contender but this gives us the best chance of winning the big one . Any thoughts ?
Why I'm excited:

1.) Stacked rosters 9/53 Pro-Bowlers
2.) 12 picks in the draft
3.) 2013 Redshirts/Injured:

NT: Ian Williams
DT: Quinton Dial
DE: Tank Carridine
DE: Lawrence Okoye
OT: Marquardt
RB: Marcus Lattimore

Somebody said be Bold in the draft:

#1,#3 for Marquise Lee
#2a Deone Bucannon
#2b CB Pierre Desir
#3a C Weston Richburg
#3b Traded up for Marquis Lee
#3c Martavis Bryant
#4 LB Yawin Smallwood
#6a Inj. QB Aaron Murray (trade down for extra 7th in 2015)
#6b Inj. CB Aaron Colvin
#7a Inj. OG Spencer Long
#7b Inj. FB Trey Millard
#7c Logan Thomas

UDRFA/ Undrafted Rookie Free Agents:
QB: Connor Shaw
QB: Denarius McGhee
DT: Chris Whaley (INJURED)
S: Nickoe Whitley (INJURED)
Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/176900-perfect-draft-in-my-eyes/#UfSCCsp8qFYoIvQv.99
Originally posted by bleedredandgold:
I was pondering the running back situation going forward . Has the time come to part ways with gore?
I know some of you are screamin already " hell no " but as a niner fan who wants a ring lets look at the stable .
Kendall is not just a good back , he"s a fabulas back waiting for his chance to break out . When i watch him run he has incredable burst
and all most breaks one half the time , inches away from huge gains . I think if he was our starting back he would gel with the offence in no time
and become the bell cow . Behind him we have lattimore and james both whom i like . James has got the wheels and with a regular rotation
i think would compliment hunter just fine . I think he could pull off 500 + yards especially if roman threw more passes to the backfield .
Lattimore could be that dimond in the rough steal of the draft kid . Best of all he could be sprinkled in say 20 percent or so of the plays .
Maybe he works his magic maybe he doesnt , but the kid see's the field and we find out what he brings to the nfl level . To top this off we save 5 to 6 million on gore .
Im a fan of gore and know what he"s done for the team but i want rings and i think we can really catch teams off guard with these 3 backs . Thank you gore for all youve done we'll trade ya to a contender but this gives us the best chance of winning the big one . Any thoughts ?
Ask Rathman how those guys block?
It will play itself out in training camp. Worst case scenario Gore is a 2015 free agent.
Originally posted by rxrunner:
still not good enough to win

To be uncertain is uncomfortable. To be certain is ridiculous. -- Voltaire
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
My optimism is rooted in the fact that Keap has a year of film to review. Maybe he can make some individual changes to his game in order to allow Roman's system to be more functional.

Fact is, and I believe this will happen, the 49ers will need to change some offensive approaches and add some wrinkles to fit their talent. If the 49ers do this successfully, the 49ers will have another good shot at being one of the two last teams to play.
I also don't let the fact that the NFC West has become such a tough division affect the optimism. In fact, I think it's a positive thing. As Harbaugh says, iron sharpens iron and if you need to beat the teams in a tough division, it just makes you a tougher team. Look at the NFC East in the 80's for example. Most of the time if it wasn't the Niners, it was either the Redskins or the Giants. And in the early 90's, the Giants, Cowboys and Eagles were beating each other up. But those teams were very tough to beat. Now, it's the NFC West and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Im not sold on hunter. I like him, but i don't know that he would succeed as a full time/starting running back. He does well mos of the time he gets the ball, but if he got most of the handoffs, I wouldn't expect him to get big gains as much because teams would game plan for him more.

I think we should keep gore unless he ends up being THAT slow. He's a great blocker, too, and he should be come a complementary back with lattimore i think, and hunter should stay on the team so we can have three pretty good options. (im predicting lamichael will be on another team by the start of the next season.)
Originally posted by crake49:
I also don't let the fact that the NFC West has become such a tough division affect the optimism. In fact, I think it's a positive thing. As Harbaugh says, iron sharpens iron and if you need to beat the teams in a tough division, it just makes you a tougher team. Look at the NFC East in the 80's for example. Most of the time if it wasn't the Niners, it was either the Redskins or the Giants. And in the early 90's, the Giants, Cowboys and Eagles were beating each other up. But those teams were very tough to beat. Now, it's the NFC West and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I was thinking about this the other day, and as optimistic as i am about players, I'm worries that we won't make the playoffs despite a good record, like the cardinals did this year.

We easily swept the rams, but they've got two high draft picks, including the second overall, and that D-Line looked nasty. They probably won't make playoffs since our division is so strong, but will definitely be tougher. Cardinals will probably be a little bit better, will likely have a chance to win the divison or get wild card spot. My hope is that coming off a 13-3 season the Seahawks will have a bit of a slump. Doesn't have to be a big one or anything. After our 13-3 season, we made the SB but in the regular season we didn't look so good. I don't think the hawks will have a slump; i just hope so.

It'll be tougher than ever to make the playoffs next year. I miss 2011 when we were still the only good team in the NFCW.

Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
We'll get over the hump this coming year in Phoenix. We need to win the offseason Draft better impact players. Enough of this" depth" crap. Draft IMPACT players. Be daring. Jump up and trade for a Sammy Watkins or a Josh Gordon. Loosen up.

This team is pretty stacked across the board. I don't see many coming in and making an "impact."
When Carlos Rogers is the Highest paid player next Season is only Good news for 49ers
I'm a Hawk fan and I don't think my heart can take another season of playing your team. I can not believe some of the posts by 49er fans on Kaep. I sat close to the railing when we hosted your team this year and got a real good look at him. He is an freaking monster. The kid will only get BIGGER and faster. What a lot of your fans don't realize is that Kaep has only room to get BETTER, not worse. IMO the only problem your team has is the O-line. Which the draft will take care of. Like my Hawks, we only do good when we run. Pass protection falls apart and both teams have survived do to having great scrambling QB's. Maybe he would be able to progress through his reads if he had time to throw. Just look at the games he did have time. Your boy is just fine. Your team has a ton of picks. Does half of your fan base realize that? I'm only commenting on the negative fans that trash a 2 year QB for um..... yeah getting you to 2 NFCCG, and a SUPERBOWL.
Originally posted by TWOooohSIX:
I'm a Hawk fan and I don't think my heart can take another season of playing your team. I can not believe some of the posts by 49er fans on Kaep. I sat close to the railing when we hosted your team this year and got a real good look at him. He is an freaking monster. The kid will only get BIGGER and faster. What a lot of your fans don't realize is that Kaep has only room to get BETTER, not worse. IMO the only problem your team has is the O-line. Which the draft will take care of. Like my Hawks, we only do good when we run. Pass protection falls apart and both teams have survived do to having great scrambling QB's. Maybe he would be able to progress through his reads if he had time to throw. Just look at the games he did have time. Your boy is just fine. Your team has a ton of picks. Does half of your fan base realize that? I'm only commenting on the negative fans that trash a 2 year QB for um..... yeah getting you to 2 NFCCG, and a SUPERBOWL.

Ha....
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by teylo31:
Originally posted by rxrunner:
still not good enough to win

I hate to agree with this cause it seems like im being negative at a time when everyone is just down on the recent loss but I cant help but agree. I mean look at those 4 bills teams or the 4 eagles nfc championship game run. Nobody remembers how good those teams were for doing what they did year after year but for what they couldnt do, which was win a cbampionship.

Again, you could also always look at those Niner teams in 90, 91, 92 and 93.

those teams did everything to win, this team doesn't know how to yet.
Share 49ersWebzone