There are 62 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Perspective on this current 49ers team and why I am optimistic

I know there is a lot of complaining about Harbaugh and Kaep lately, but lets put things in perspective.
3 consecutive years of having a real chance to bring home a Championship. The 3 previous coaches could not even produce a wining season. This team has a lot of talent. Look at Harbaugh's first year: NFC title game with Smith as QB! I think some forget how bad the dark years were.

Harbaugh is a great coach, and will only improve. Almost reminds me of Cowher and his Steeler's teams more so than the Niner dynasty years.
still not good enough to win
hopefully kap aint the reincarnation of slash
Originally posted by rxrunner:

I hate to agree with this cause it seems like im being negative at a time when everyone is just down on the recent loss but I cant help but agree. I mean look at those 4 bills teams or the 4 eagles nfc championship game run. Nobody remembers how good those teams were for doing what they did year after year but for what they couldnt do, which was win a cbampionship.
Originally posted by GreenReaperTT:

Yeah...clearly they're identical.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by GreenReaperTT:

Yeah...clearly they're identical.

Lol.
Originally posted by teylo31:

I hate to agree with this cause it seems like im being negative at a time when everyone is just down on the recent loss but I cant help but agree. I mean look at those 4 bills teams or the 4 eagles nfc championship game run. Nobody remembers how good those teams were for doing what they did year after year but for what they couldnt do, which was win a cbampionship.

Again, you could also always look at those Niner teams in 90, 91, 92 and 93.
Originally posted by teylo31:

It really baffles me when people go to this. Those Bills and Eagles teams were losing NFC champ/Super Bowl games by multiple scores most of the time. Every game the 49ers have lost has been down to the final possession. The Niners were 1 play away from winning every one of those games.
[ Edited by Disp on Jan 29, 2014 at 3:56 PM ]
I agree. There is much to look forward too.. hell the Niners were 1 play away from the 2nd superbowl in 2 years. If a ref 10 ft away could of told the difference between Andy Lee's right and left leg, they very well could be playing this weekend.

People do forget how s**tty things were from 2004 to 2010. I would not want anyone else as our coach right now. Kap will get better and I do not think its appropriate to discard him either.
Seriously... Cap makes mistakes, but this is only his 2nd full season as a starter. He works hard and will get better... and Harbaugh is a great coach! I'm not going to argue stats or records right now. I will do u one better and give these names off the top of my head.
QB: Tim Rattay, Alex Smith(1st 5yrs), Elvis Grbac; I've officially erased the other garbage from my mind (I really did just go blank and not going to google)
Coach: Singletary, although i like him, he's not a head coach. Mariucchi, liked him too... but he couldnt win a big game to save his life and I dare say it
"Dennis Erickson." Yes, I went there!! (with the guy from UCLA that was our GM, Donahue, I believe.) We are no longer those teams. We draft well and play hard.
We have a young stud at QB and a Great coach. They are coming to the top together. Before Cap, the last QB i liked was Jeff Garcia. I hated Alex(as a QB) for so long because of Aaron Rodgers, but was glad to see him do well with us for a season and a half. This wont change the minds of any other Niner fans, but just think? We could be the Raiders!!!!!! P.S. I do know how Cap spells his name.
9/53. That's the number or pro bowlers out of our game day rosters. That is an obscene amount. There is a lot to be excited about with team. No doubt about that.
As of right now we are the 2001 to 2004 Philadelphia Eagles a talented team with a running QB who was good enough to win 10+ games a year be in the NFC Championship consecutive years in row but not able to win the big game when it counts. I truly believe this team will get to that next level when kaepernick and roman turn the offense into a legit offense. As of right now there mentality is we are going to win on defense and running the ball that has not worked the last 3 seasons at least not enough to win a lombardi.
Originally posted by dfs144:
I know there is a lot of complaining about Harbaugh and Kaep lately, but lets put things in perspective.
3 consecutive years of having a real chance to bring home a Championship. The 3 previous coaches could not even produce a wining season. This team has a lot of talent. Look at Harbaugh's first year: NFC title game with Smith as QB! I think some forget how bad the dark years were.

Harbaugh is a great coach, and will only improve. Almost reminds me of Cowher and his Steeler's teams more so than the Niner dynasty years.

are you saying Kap is our Kordell Stewart.
[ Edited by 49erfeeeever808 on Jan 29, 2014 at 5:04 PM ]
From 90-93 we went to 3 NFC Championship games and lost. Then Young got it done in 1994. Fans can be so annoying sometimes. Just chill the F out.
[ Edited by JimHarbaugh on Jan 30, 2014 at 8:03 AM ]
We'll get over the hump this coming year in Phoenix. We need to win the offseason Draft better impact players. Enough of this" depth" crap. Draft IMPACT players. Be daring. Jump up and trade for a Sammy Watkins or a Josh Gordon. Loosen up.