There are 140 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Film analysis of the NFCCG

Either way it was only a 3 man "rush" and you see Snyder and #74 blocking nobody and Davis got beat on a 1on1 battle.And yes on that angle Hunter is not open neither is Crabtree. But the desicion was made already EVEN IF HUNTER WAS OPEN THE BALL WAS GOING TO CRABTREE
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
Either way it was only a 3 man "rush" and you see Snyder and #74 blocking nobody and Davis got beat on a 1on1 battle.And yes on that angle Hunter is not open neither is Crabtree. But the desicion was made already EVEN IF HUNTER WAS OPEN THE BALL WAS GOING TO CRABTREE

I didn't like the play call. I wanted to put Kap on the move with a run/pass option in the redzone. We scored twice on CAR doing just that vs the number 2 overall defense. Instead we had on a play that either Crab had to win on his route vs Sherman or the ball should have been placed to where only Crab could make a play or fall incomplete. Davis lost vs Avril and Kap misfired and now we are left picking up the pieces. We have been apt to collapses in the redzone all year and the time is now to begin fixing this. I just know that vs CAR we scored TDs twice and both came about by moving our QB outside the pocket and with a three man rush maybe we pick up yards or a score
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Feb 1, 2014 at 10:04 PM ]
This is actually the better angle. You can really see how the throw was effected by the pass rush into Kap's face.
You can also see that if the throw had more air, and was perfect, its a touchdown. The difference is the pass rush. It's the reason Dick s**tman has success on this defense.

Originally posted by BrianGO:
This is actually the better angle. You can really see how the throw was effected by the pass rush into Kap's face.
You can also see that if the throw had more air, and was perfect, its a touchdown. The difference is the pass rush. It's the reason Dick s**tman has success on this defense.

Yep. Once again Davis got beaten in a crucial moment.
So are we all agreed Hunter is not "WIDE" open? lol...
I honestly believe this kind of thread has lessened the pain of the loss. I think if we had a thread like this after the Superbowl maybe it wouldn't have stung as much. Provides some sort of solace for me. idk
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Yep. Once again Davis got beaten in a crucial moment.

Both "last throw of the season" throws, Kap had someone almost free running into his face. One of them, Crabtree was held, so he couldn't get there, the other one it was underthrown. I hope Kap wasn't thinking the Super Bowl throw was overthrown, and put less air into this one.
It looks to me like he could have thrown inside to Boldin for an easy TD too. There was a lot of room to the inside of the endzone to throw that ball, especially with the DB on his outside. Kap never even looked that way.
Originally posted by Native49erFan:
It looks to me like he could have thrown inside to Boldin for an easy TD too. There was a lot of room to the inside of the endzone to throw that ball, especially with the DB on his outside. Kap never even looked that way.

Again, the first read was Crabtree. Anything longer than that and he would've been sacked. In that situation I would rather take the sack, but I don't know if he even attemps that throw to Crab if Davis isn't whipped so bad by Cliff Avril.

Nobody on the left side of the formation stood a chance because Kap didn't have time to read that side of the field.

I see a lot of blame going towards Kap on this throw but the OL was demolished all game. Id say if there is one glaring weakness in this teams pass attack it's that there is no time for the QB. It was like that for Smith too.
[ Edited by TheRatMan13 on Feb 2, 2014 at 6:20 AM ]
Again, the first read was Crabtree.

Sorry this is false. Kap admitted he made a presnap read and the ball was going to Crabtree regardless. It was a bad decision, a bad throw and cost us a trip to the Superbowl. People can blame players around him if they want, it was his fault we lost that game.
Dang man. The pain gets worse just watching all this SB hype all this week. Our guys faught their ASSES off. I feel like absolute Poop for our defense sans Carlos Rogers. I cant stand that dude. And as far as Kap goes, he got GREEDY and wanted the GLORY,should have never picked on Sherman to begin with. They shoulda ran sticks routes like the play before to Vernon. Just do that til you get inside the 10 with a timeout left. Then run a run pass option. Oh well wasn't meant to be. Dang it. I woulda been there downtown Manhattan SHOOT! I'm all in for Phoenix next year's SB and the 49ers WILL BE THERE!!!!
I re-watched the last final seconds of the game last night on NFL replay. Man.... We were on a roll.. It all happened so fast. And the game was over. Looking at these gifs and breakdowns it makes it feel like it actually happened a lot slower. We were seriously clicking, and putting a tremendous drive together. The last play to Crabs doesn't seem as bad as it looks. I don't mind the decision at all. People only b***h about the decision he made because it didn't go our way.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
So are we all agreed Hunter is not "WIDE" open? lol...

The only one that was remotely open was QP, who was the 5th read in the progression.
Originally posted by Method:
Again, the first read was Crabtree.

Sorry this is false. Kap admitted he made a presnap read and the ball was going to Crabtree regardless. It was a bad decision, a bad throw and cost us a trip to the Superbowl. People can blame players around him if they want, it was his fault we lost that game.

Method you're wrong! It's been broken down several times that Seattle played a hybrid defense (zone to the left, man to the right). Every QB is gonna go with the man to man first. KAP MADE THE RIGHT READ. How hard is it to get through some of you guys heads? Naturally you and others want to blame Kap for the interception but a lot of things went wrong on that play. And for anyone else...Quan nor Davis was open. Actually they were double teamed because of the zone defense Seattle played. Gracious...please look at the breakdown of this play frame by frame.
Originally posted by JDMathews49ers:
The only one that was remotely open was QP, who was the 5th read in the progression.

Thank you!