There are 84 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

I usually disagree with Grant but this is a excellent article for next season

Is it true that Geep Chryst is responsible for the red zone "offense"? Have read that here before...If true he needs to go.
Originally posted by OldMort49:
Is it true that Geep Chryst is responsible for the red zone "offense"? Have read that here before...If true he needs to go.

seriously. what redzone offense...
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

There is a redzone offense. It's called the Phil Dawson guarantee.
I think both coordinators are at fault. Roman for being too damn conservative when we have the lead, and Fangio for playing prevent defense when we have a lead. I would love to see more ruthless aggression on both sides of the ball. 2014 may be the last time the 9ers have a legitimate shot of winning it all.
So their problem is that they play not to lose?

We already knew that.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

i dont like being the team known for having the most FGs in that year. i miss the days when we didnt even know the kickers name

I think the best thing that could happen to this team is if we lose Dawson. Get rid of the automatic FG offense crutch, and maybe they might actually be bothered to draw up a decent scoring play inside the red zone.
Originally posted by kray28:

I think the best thing that could happen to this team is if we lose Dawson. Get rid of the automatic FG offense crutch, and maybe they might actually be bothered to draw up a decent scoring play inside the red zone.

i dont think its that they dont have plays. im sure our offense has tons of sick plays we've never seen. the problem is the playcalling in those situations. they just call the wrong s**t constantly
Originally posted by kray28:

Getting rid of Dawson is a huge mistake. Esp when games comes down to field goals. LAst year when we had akers, we still had the same approach.

But to your point, the game at home vs seattle, the 49ers were settling for a last second FG instead of going for a TD.

i dont like being the team known for having the most FGs in that year. i miss the days when we didnt even know the kickers name

Mike Cofer...LOL. There was a time when the Niners had the worst kickers and punters....because it didn't matter, they were scoring TDs instead of settling for FGs.
Originally posted by Paulb10486:
You guys all wrong; if situational football were truly the problem, we wouldn't have made it to the conference championship three straight seasons and have the best record in football over that time. A number of things go into a loss, and a lot of the time it comes down to execution and the mistake of one or two players on given plays. That's how close the league is. The best teams, best coaches, best schemes, etc. don't always prevail. Remember that.

Well explain the conservative play calling after we went up by 10? Or the play calling after the Wilson fumble? It is consistent for us to gain a SMALL lead then start running a Singletary offense. Considering the venue and the team, obtaining a big lead is safer than sorry in CenturyLink. Add that to the fact that the Seahawks have depth on their defense that does not show a drop off when their subs come in. In the second half, our defense seems to deflate due to our tendency to rarely sub. This ultimately becomes a detriment to a conservative offensive scheme such as ours. You then start to see your 10 point lead whither away.
They need to let kap bomb more often but I disagree Weve made it to a championship every year we are bound to have multi superbowl titles dont try to fix whats not broke were not going to win it all every year

lol
Yes Grant MADE a very GOOD POINT in;there were way too many games that were closer then they should Have Been.....This team should have blown A LOT OF TEAMS OUT and they didn't because of COACHING and Offensive Beliefs .... something needs to change and it need to change quickly with a KILLER-INSTINCT,if you put teams away early, you can rest your starters more and you also will have less injuries.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
The 49ers' biggest need this offseason is not a player.

Not a wide receiver. Not a cornerback. Not a safety.

Talent isn't the Niners' problem – they might have the most talented team in the league. Sure, they could use a speed wide receiver, but they need something else. If they had what they needed, they would be Super Bowl champions already. They would have beaten the Ravens last season, and they would have beaten the Seahawks for the NFC championship this season, and they'd be preparing for this year's Super Bowl.

I completely agree...

Talent isn't a problem here. Situational football IS.

And the quote of the season:

The 49ers make games closer than they need to be.

Let's stop hoping and wishing for good luck and dominate with our superior talent and better situational football.

True quest for 6.

So, the issues is that they "hold their cards" if you will? To me that means its Roman and Fangio to a certain degree being too conservative. We have seen what happens when they let the dogs off the leash. Its playing playoff style football every week. They even have periods in individual games where they go ultra conservative and let games get close. Yes, they lack a killer instinct by game planning/design.