LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 267 users in the forums

Besides the infamous, season-ending interception, what were the highest and lowest...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
...points of the season?

For me, the lowest point of the season was back in week three when Andrew Luck ran it in for a touchdown against us in our own house. I literally just sat and stared for a few seconds, then told my family we could leave for dinner.

The highest point of the season was when NaVorro Bowman returned it all the way to the house against the Falcons. Even though it was just a regular season game against a 4-win team, I got the same stomach-aching feelings I typically get during the playoffs. When that play happened, I jumped up and down off my couch and I think I felt more relieved and excited than I did all season long.

Your opinion?
Highest point - when we had the lead vs vs the Seahawks in the nfccg
Lowest point - when Kaep threw the final pick against the Seahawks in the nfccg

Low point of the season: seeing Bowman's knee get wrecked. For me, that hurt more than the loss.

High point of the season: I have to go with Bow's pick 6 - a very fitting end for The 'Stick.
Originally posted by Beeker:
Low point of the season: seeing Bowman's knee get wrecked. For me, that hurt more than the loss.

High point of the season: I have to go with Bow's pick 6 - a very fitting end for The 'Stick.

Absolutely this.
Originally posted by verb1der:

"When we had the lead"?
You mean, "When Kap threw an amazing touchdown pass to Boldin in the endzone over an all-pro safety"?

Kap is ALSO responsible for giving us the lead in the first place. TWICE.

The worst mistake of the game by FAR was jumping off-sides on 4th and 7. That play altered the momentum for the rest of the game. We HAD THEM ON THE ROPES, and then we give them a free touchdown. That was not Kap's fault.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by verb1der:

"When we had the lead"?
You mean, "When Kap threw an amazing touchdown pass to Boldin in the endzone over an all-pro safety"?

Kap is ALSO responsible for giving us the lead in the first place. TWICE.

The worst mistake of the game by FAR was jumping off-sides on 4th and 7. That play altered the momentum for the rest of the game. We HAD THEM ON THE ROPES, and then we give them a free touchdown. That was not Kap's fault.

No don't get me wrong. Kaep played the best 3 quarters of football of any QB who played in Seattle this year. I'm just saying that last INT was the lowest point, because our season ended.
HIGHEST POINT - Killing the Panthers in the playoffs. We looked healthy & confident in all aspects of the game.
LOWEST POINT - Losing to the Colts at home in a game where they were running the ball on us at will. Looked like the early-2006 defense there for the last two drives. I wasn't even that upset, but bandwagon fans were jumping off left and right after this too. My Facebook was a mess.

MOST ANGRY MOMENT - The flag on Brooks' sack of Drew Brees. I can handle getting beat. I cannot handle when a game is taken away from us in such an obvious fashion.
[ Edited by NickSh49 on Jan 23, 2014 at 10:59 PM ]
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Absolutely this.
Yeah that pretty much sums it up. I don't normally get emotional about injuries and players but for some reason Bowman's leg injury made me forget there was a game happening. I think I had multiple thoughts... like if we win he won't be able to play in the Superbowl. I still remember him sitting on the bench after we lost the SB last year and he was taking it all in.

Bow's pick six is the high but for some reason I really like Brooks hit on Drew Bree's. I know we lost the game but everyone knows the refs goofed that call. We basically went into New Orleans and beat the crap out of them. In the end we lost but the replay of that hit is awesome.
Originally posted by jacklegniner:

Absolutely this.
Yeah that pretty much sums it up. I don't normally get emotional about injuries and players but for some reason Bowman's leg injury made me forget there was a game happening. I think I had multiple thoughts... like if we win he won't be able to play in the Superbowl. I still remember him sitting on the bench after we lost the SB last year and he was taking it all in.

Bow's pick six is the high but for some reason I really like Brooks hit on Drew Bree's. I know we lost the game but everyone knows the refs goofed that call. We basically went into New Orleans and beat the crap out of them. In the end we lost but the replay of that hit is awesome.

I have to say .... that was a brutal hit. Watching Brees's head snap back .... OUCH

Putting the playoffs aside, Brooks hit on Brees was actually the highest and lowest point of the season for me.

When he got that strip fumble, with the recovery, it was the biggest play of the season, in a HUGE game, with home field implications. When the ref took it away, I just sat they with my jaw open, not angry, just in awe of the referee, like he had gone insane.
I would have been equally surprised if the referee said, "Personal foul, 49er player was laughing at me." Or something like that. That would have been equally as confusing and surreal. I have never been in a state of absolute confusion and awe as much as I was when they took that game away from us.

the high point: beating GB in sub zero temps, that was a great victory for this team and one we wont soon forget.

I honestly dont have a low point. Not many teams could have battled through this division, then gone to GB and won, then Carolina, and then put the Seahawks on the ropes in their own yard. This team is nails, superbowl or not, and i know we're all dam proud to root for them.

Bow showed the whole country what this team is all about holding on to that football, and the 2 goal line stands in Carolina.

This team is quality through and through.
high point was kap throwing the pass to boldin putting us up 17-10 in the nfccg. i said to myself kap has come to play he isn't going to let us lose all we have to do is play defense this guy is lifting the team carrying it on his back against our biggest rivals in their house.

low point was the touchdown on 4th down. i just sat there and didn't understand how it happened until i saw who was covering him and i then said to myself if that was nnamdi this entire internet would explode but because its carlos it just seems business as usual. that was the back breaker. we still had chances but there was no way they were going to get into the end zone any other way we had this as a win without that single play.

kap throwing the interception wasn't the low point because i was already numb after that fact. if we score the td then i would have been revived and excited
but we didn't
so i just continued to be numb

and then seeing carlos on the sideline trying to explain his way out of it..
Originally posted by ninerhippy:
the high point: beating GB in sub zero temps, that was a great victory for this team and one we wont soon forget.

I honestly dont have a low point. Not many teams could have battled through this division, then gone to GB and won, then Carolina, and then put the Seahawks on the ropes in their own yard. This team is nails, superbowl or not, and i know we're all dam proud to root for them.

Bow showed the whole country what this team is all about holding on to that football, and the 2 goal line stands in Carolina.

This team is quality through and through.

Great post right there.
  • buck
  • Veteran
The absolute lowest point of the entire year (regular season and play-offs)was Aldon Smith's early morning drunken drive.

Bowman's pick six was the high point of the year.

Absolutely this.

I have to say .... that was a brutal hit. Watching Brees's head snap back .... OUCH

Wish it was Sherman
Share 49ersWebzone