LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

NFCCG Mic'd up: Crabtree & Sherman

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by crabman82:
yes someone will. he is immature, but he is not ever been a off the field problem in terms of getting arrested or anything like that. he has an attitude problem that he can reign in. its like saying no nfl owner would give aldon smith or josh gordon a long term high money deal because of their off the field issues. someone will pay all 3 of these guys.

PED's.

But yeah, he'll get paid.
Originally posted by Nonsequitur:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Yea he already got a signed by Beats. When you get signed to Beats, you've made it.

He's a punk in the Beats commercial too... In the middle of an interview he takes some criticism and then puts his Beats on and ignores everyone.

Stay classy Dick!
you know that's an advert right ? It's not actually really happening...in the real world.

It's like make believe to try and sell you stuff.
Originally posted by UKNiner:
you know that's an advert right ? It's not actually really happening...in the real world.

I realize that, but it is also how he sells himself. If it were me, I would not accept my commercial spot to be something that is disrespectful like ignoring people mid interview because it appears I am getting criticized. It is consistent with the image, of himself, he is selling. Years down the road he can do Carls Jr. commercials with all the haters while kicking back in irrelevance...
Originally posted by Youngone:
Interesting when the press remember it wasn't just his brother (how unbiased) there :

http://www.nj.com/super-bowl/index.ssf/2014/01/source_actually_richard_sherman_tried_to_fight_michael_crabtree_at_charity_event.html

Amazingly no one in the national media is picking up that story. They are too busy writing puff pieces about how he's misunderstood and everyone who hated his rant is ignorant and are the problem. Its just amazing that the media wouldn't just call it like it is, he was being an a*****e and a horrible winner. That's the thing people hated!!! Not his race, not his backstory, they hate him being a gigantic dick and showing poor sportsmanship.

The Seahawks PR team went into overdrive on crisis management there for two days didn't they ? He doesn't deserve all of the racist nonsense but one of these days after all of these incidents maybe someone will say...actually it might be Richard (at least some of the time). After all there have been a few incidents haven't there ?

That Sip Bayless interview says much about him alas - no one dare question the Greatness of The Richard.
Yea he already got a signed by Beats. When you get signed to Beats, you've made it.

He's a punk in the Beats commercial too... In the middle of an interview he takes some criticism and then puts his Beats on and ignores everyone.

Stay classy Dick!

Sounds about right tho, lol.

I realize that, but it is also how he sells himself. If it were me, I would not accept my commercial spot to be something that is disrespectful like ignoring people mid interview because it appears I am getting criticized. It is consistent with the image, of himself, he is selling. Years down the road he can do Carls Jr. commercials with all the haters while kicking back in irrelevance...

I think most people know it's not real. I don't hate Tom Hardy for kicking sh*t out of Batman either.
Looking at the last play from this angle shows clearly that Crabtree got 0 separation against Sherman and the ball should not have been thrown 2-3 feet further if at all.
Honestly I don't really care what Richard Sherman did or said, aside from generally being against such poor sportsmanship. I care more about the 49ers improving their roster and their play on the field so that they can beat Seattle. Sherman is a punk and a douchebag, but so what? That doesn't change the fact that they're going to the Super Bowl and we're not. And all this media coverage of his antics is only giving him exactly what he wants.
This weeks Turning Point after the Sherman deflection Crabtree yells something while sitting on the bench at 6:48 mark in the video. I think he yells out, "F(K'em, I hate his A$$!" Which is actually hilarious, regardless of fan affiliation. I love the candid moment. Also the handshake between Kaep and Wilson when Kaep tells Wilson to go get himself a ring. Not something you would exactly expect with such a rivalry, but it shows great respect for each other.

http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Turning-Point-49ers-vs-Seahawks/3febd981-f0bf-455e-8934-0f44075f270a
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by xela510:
Sherman really did seem sincere with his handshake towards Crabtree but it was totally the wrong time to do that.

Again, Sherman is devious. He knows that's not the right time to do it. He wants that reaction from Crabtree. You don't run up to a guy, smack his ass, then stick your hand out screaming "Hell of a game! Hell of a game!", right after the play that lost us the game. You wait until the clock hits :00, everybody meets at midfield, then have a well-mannered hand shake.

100% agree! Anyone who plays sports knows this.

Stay classy Dick!

the idea for the commercials are still based on and the real life public perceptions of each of the players in their respective commercial though........

exaggerated yeah.... but still based on some level of truth.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Stay classy Dick!

LOL his Beats commercial sucked ass so lame, Kaepernicks commercial 1000000x better.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by xela510:
Sherman really did seem sincere with his handshake towards Crabtree but it was totally the wrong time to do that.

Again, Sherman is devious. He knows that's not the right time to do it. He wants that reaction from Crabtree. You don't run up to a guy, smack his ass, then stick your hand out screaming "Hell of a game! Hell of a game!", right after the play that lost us the game. You wait until the clock hits :00, everybody meets at midfield, then have a well-mannered hand shake.

100% agree! Anyone who plays sports knows this.

Sherman has a future in politics.
Originally posted by VinculumJuris:
Originally posted by Kaep4MVP:
Niner fans would be flipping this just as much the other way if Sherman was on our team, and would probably be all of our favorite players. Even though he is a pretty big a*****e, sometimes you just need that type of player on your team, and I sure as hell hate that he's on the Seahawks.

I keep seeing this and do not understand it at all. When did it become okay for people to conduct themselves with no common decency, especially prominent athletes who become role models for kids? It's chickens**t to refuse to hold someone to a standard of conduct simply because he is on your favorite sports team. I hated VD's antics when he first entered the league and didn't respect him as a result. Love the guy now.

Agreed...you act like this at work, you're fired. Period. In the NFL you get a small fine and forced to apologize. His track record proves he's an instigator and loves the attention...self-promoting for that #1 CB $. Kids WILL see this and think it's cool and Hawk fans and media guys (mostly for talking point) will justify it b/c he made a big play in a big game. Period. The last time we had someone road rage like this for self-promotion (or mental health reasons) we sent them to the Cowboys and Raiders!
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by VinculumJuris:
Originally posted by Kaep4MVP:
Niner fans would be flipping this just as much the other way if Sherman was on our team, and would probably be all of our favorite players. Even though he is a pretty big a*****e, sometimes you just need that type of player on your team, and I sure as hell hate that he's on the Seahawks.

I keep seeing this and do not understand it at all. When did it become okay for people to conduct themselves with no common decency, especially prominent athletes who become role models for kids? It's chickens**t to refuse to hold someone to a standard of conduct simply because he is on your favorite sports team. I hated VD's antics when he first entered the league and didn't respect him as a result. Love the guy now.

Agreed...you act like this at work, you're fired. Period. In the NFL you get a small fine and forced to apologize. His track record proves he's an instigator and loves the attention...self-promoting for that #1 CB $. Kids WILL see this and think it's cool and Hawk fans and media guys (mostly for talking point) will justify it b/c he made a big play in a big game. Period. The last time we had someone road rage like this for self-promotion (or mental health reasons) we sent them to the Cowboys and Raiders!

Yes. Even if some Niner fans did approve of this extreme behavior I believe the offending player would recieve some sort of discipline from this organization and/or coaching staff. Case in point VD, Aldon Smith and Chris Culliver. Although I didn't agree with the timing of the Culliver blowup during Super Bowl week I can understand from our organization's viewpoint how his words and actions reflect upon the 49ers. I guess Seahawk fans and their organization could care less as this is not the first time Sherman put himself above the team. Did you notice how the Seahawks were waiting to bring back Brandon Browner despite his repeated offenses with substance abuse and PEDs? The scumbag organization would have him on the roster right now if the league would allow it. We on the other hand asked Aldon voluntarily to admit himself and get help without the league having to suspend him
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Jan 24, 2014 at 5:58 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone