LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

Eric Davis out, Tim Ryan in as 49ers color analyst on radio broadcasts

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BigYellowKahuna:
Originally posted by Raul98:
Since Ryan does pre season here who will do that now???

Kwame Harris

Lol straight from cell block Anal.
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by T-9ers:
Come on, keep it Niner.

Ryan is pumped up about the job because he grew up as a South Bay Niner fan. He was willing to forgo the rest of his Fox TV contract for the opportunity to work with the Niners. So, professionally he was a Bear, but personally, he's still Niner-centric. I like Eric Davis a lot, but I've got no problem with Ryan. And, Ryan is a little more professional with his color work - no woo-hooing with him.

You got to admit Davis is perfect for us because he's 100% pro-Niner but yet he keeps it's real when he calls it.
I enjoyed listening to Eric Davis. Have no problems with this change. Ryan is more than capable of filling in. Probably will do an even better job.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I enjoyed listening to Eric Davis. Have no problems with this change. Ryan is more than capable of filling in. Probably will do an even better job.

Wonder if he'll break down game film.
Eric did ruin that Alex-to-Vernon call. He giggled like a schoolgirl at the end and sounded nothing like either a former player or a professional announcer. That said, I liked ED in general. Tim Ryan is a very solid replacement. The dude knows football and communicates his point very well. Great to have him on board now.
This is the best news I have heard about the 9ers in a long time. I can listen to the radio and get consistent, comprehensive, and detailed analysis on the home team broadcast in as long as I can remember.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Maybe Eric decided he no longer wants to talk about the Sport / Team he loves on national TV because it had been over turned by Bull Crap commish / officials....

Prolly Kenna Turner.
I miss Tim Ryan since he left Sirius. And actually thought that he and not Aikman should have been the lead guy on the Fox telecasts. Maybe I'll just listen to the radio feed from now on.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by BimmerKing:
T Robinson : "He has Vernon in the pos-"
E. Davis: "GOT ITTTTTTT GOTT ITTTTTTT WOOHOOOOOOOO"

He ruined that call

Huh? Davis made it memorable. I like Ted Robinson, but his calls are bland and sometimes corny. Nobody wouldve remembered the call if Davis hadnt jumped over it.

I liked ED, but Ryan does have a glorious beard which is probably why he was hired.
More Eric Davis on NFLN will hopefully cancel out the idiocy that is Heath Evans

/thread
i love Tim Ryan! One of the NFL's best voices!
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
More Eric Davis on NFLN will hopefully cancel out the idiocy that is Heath Evans

/thread

Boom!
Originally posted by BigYellowKahuna:

Kwame Harris

that would be hilarious as if pre season wasn't boring enough.
Share 49ersWebzone