LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

Podcast Interview Jerry Glanville on Kaepernick and Harbaugh

Shop Find 49ers gear online
My favorite Glanville moment: during a press conference after a Niner-Falcon game in which they injured Montana and Young came in and threw a bunch of TD's for the win, he complained, "when you knock your opponent's first string QB out of the game, you're supposed to get the advantage."
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
i'd take him back at UH.

fck norm
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Buchy:
This is from the UK Sky Sports : http://feeds.feedburner.com/NflukInsideTheHuddleAudio

Some really good dynamite stuff from Jerry Glanville and he's incredibly complementary, summary of his points below, his interview starts at 34:00mins (it's a riot) and the 49ers/Seahawks stuff from around 48:30, Kap and Harbaugh stuff from 51:30 :

• The NFC Championship game was the Superbowl
  • The only reason the 49ers lost is because they didn't have homefield advantage
  • The only reason we didn't have home field advantage is because the coaches stopped Kap from running during the regular season to save it for the play--offs, possibly scared off from the RG3 incident
  • There are only 2 great QB coaches alive today, June Jones and Jim Harbaugh. He did a coaching/speaking tour with Harbaugh for college/high school coaches sponsored by Nike.
  • From that, Kap could have gone to 10-12 other teams and no one would know he was in the NFL, it's the fit at the 49ers with Harbaugh that is so critical.
  • His Coaching attitude is about the smash mouth, pysical football etc, only sees that in Niners and Seahawks
  • Says he knows smash-mouth football is not Pete Carrol, Pete couldn't watch that style, so he must have hired the right coaches.

I think it's a very interesting insight and well worth a listen for some insight from a coaches perspective.

Thought I would bring this back around after the SB last night as I think it's relevent, looks like Jerry was right on those first two points. I did think Seattle would win, and actually glad it was so one sided as it shows how good a team we are to go to their house where they have such an advantage and come within a play.
Nice post. Jerry was spot on with most of his points about the 49ers & Seahawks. Thanks for the link.
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
Evidently the same Jim Jones that founded the Peoples Temple cult is still alive and a great QB coach.

Yep he's still "ballin'" and "flying high" alright.
As much as I dislike John Madden... at least he has a leg to stand on when he critiques coaches and teams today. He has 20 years of videogame experience... har har... but really, at least he coached his team to a Super Bowl win.

Glanville was just an OK coach and a colorful personality. I don't think he ever won a division title.
This is from the UK Sky Sports : http://feeds.feedburner.com/NflukInsideTheHuddleAudio

Some really good dynamite stuff from Jerry Glanville and he's incredibly complementary, summary of his points below, his interview starts at 34:00mins (it's a riot) and the 49ers/Seahawks stuff from around 48:30, Kap and Harbaugh stuff from 51:30 :

• The only reason the 49ers lost is because they didn't have homefield advantage
  • The only reason we didn't have home field advantage is because the coaches stopped Kap from running during the regular season to save it for the play--offs, possibly scared off from the RG3 incident
  • There are only 2 great QB coaches alive today, June Jones and Jim Harbaugh. He did a coaching/speaking tour with Harbaugh for college/high school coaches sponsored by Nike.
  • From that, Kap could have gone to 10-12 other teams and no one would know he was in the NFL, it's the fit at the 49ers with Harbaugh that is so critical.
  • His Coaching attitude is about the smash mouth, pysical football etc, only sees that in Niners and Seahawks
  • Says he knows smash-mouth football is not Pete Carrol, Pete couldn't watch that style, so he must have hired the right coaches.

I think it's a very interesting insight and well worth a listen for some insight from a coaches perspective.

I wonder how much of that is owed to o-line coach/assistant coach Tom Cable. I was worried when they hired him, even though he was a mess with the Raiders.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:

I wonder how much of that is owed to o-line coach/assistant coach Tom Cable. I was worried when they hired him, even though he was a mess with the Raiders.

I thought Cable got a raw deal with the Raiders, he was a good fit for that team imo. A guy who can help build players in the trenches, all they needed was a GM who could find comptent players on the perimiter.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:

I thought Cable got a raw deal with the Raiders, he was a good fit for that team imo. A guy who can help build players in the trenches, all they needed was a GM who could find comptent players on the perimiter.

Fricking wife beater
Share 49ersWebzone