Some really good dynamite stuff from Jerry Glanville and he's incredibly complementary, summary of his points below, his interview starts at 34:00mins (it's a riot) and the 49ers/Seahawks stuff from around 48:30, Kap and Harbaugh stuff from 51:30 :
- The NFC Championship game was the Superbowl
- The only reason the 49ers lost is because they didn't have homefield advantage
- The only reason we didn't have home field advantage is because the coaches stopped Kap from running during the regular season to save it for the play--offs, possibly scared off from the RG3 incident
- There are only 2 great QB coaches alive today, June Jones and Jim Harbaugh. He did a coaching/speaking tour with Harbaugh for college/high school coaches sponsored by Nike.
- From that, Kap could have gone to 10-12 other teams and no one would know he was in the NFL, it's the fit at the 49ers with Harbaugh that is so critical.
- His Coaching attitude is about the smash mouth, pysical football etc, only sees that in Niners and Seahawks
- Says he knows smash-mouth football is not Pete Carrol, Pete couldn't watch that style, so he must have hired the right coaches.
I think it's a very interesting insight and well worth a listen for some insight from a coaches perspective.
[ Edited by Buchy on Feb 3, 2014 at 2:07 AM ]