There are 85 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Which Legendary Niner QB Should Kaepernick Take Advice From?

Which Legendary Niner QB Should Kaepernick Take Advice From?

Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by robniner:
Originally posted by cciowa:
the history of sports shows that the all time greats often have troubles teaching others how to do it. its like they see things others cant and cant really relay it to them for them to see it. i remember hearing larry bird saying it was very frustrating at times for him as the indiana pacers head coach.

bob gibson was a terrible pitching coach for the braves in 1982 and later said the pitchers of the modern era did not have the mental toughness he had and he could not coach them. ask green bay packer fans how they feel about bart star and forest gregg as players and then as head coaches .

wayne gretzky was also a failure as the phoenix coyotes head coach. it happens quite a bit. isiah thomas too.

It actually happens to HOFs in sports in general; superstars don't actually turn into great managers or head coaches. There have been a very,very few special exceptions.

i agree totally.

Funny, bench players or backups end up being the great managers or head coaches.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by verb1der:
How bout Randal Cunningham! lol

its not a bad suggestion honestly, he went from a run around the yard type of player that kaep kind of is, to a pocket passer on a 15-1 football team.

Yea his years with Moss were amazing.

On top of that, he advised his kid to NOT play football. He's at SC with a Track Scholarship.
the history of sports shows that the all time greats often have troubles teaching others how to do it. its like they see things others cant and cant really relay it to them for them to see it. i remember hearing larry bird saying it was very frustrating at times for him as the indiana pacers head coach.

bob gibson was a terrible pitching coach for the braves in 1982 and later said the pitchers of the modern era did not have the mental toughness he had and he could not coach them. ask green bay packer fans how they feel about bart star and forest gregg as players and then as head coaches .

wayne gretzky was also a failure as the phoenix coyotes head coach. it happens quite a bit. isiah thomas too.

It actually happens to HOFs in sports in general; superstars don't actually turn into great managers or head coaches. There have been a very,very few special exceptions.

i agree totally.

Funny, bench players or backups end up being the great managers or head coaches.

look no further than our coach, a journeyman qb. the previous coach was a HOF lb

i agree totally.

look no further than our coach, a journeyman qb. the previous coach was a HOF lb

Yeah, it might be something in their personality. Although the previous coach I think did not really understand the cerebral part of the game.
Steve Young is the guy who Kaepernick could learn the most from.
Originally posted by real9erfan:

i agree totally.

Yeah, it might be something in their personality. Although the previous coach I think did not really understand the cerebral part of the game.

One thing is perfectionism.

I think Sing was over his head at times.
Originally posted by E-49er:
Nothing against Joe, but I would prefer to have Colin take advice from Young and Garcia. Young made the transition from a running QB to a pocket passer with a 70% completion rate . That is what we need Colin to transition to. If Colin's completion rate can get to 60% consistently I would be happy, Garcia can also help in the transition as well since he was a mobile QB but could still make plays from the pocket.

This. Steve more than Jeff though.

i agree totally.

At times? How about all the time?
Romo
jt smelling salt o'sullivan
Originally posted by 9ers:
Cody Pickett. Actually I think he's doing a fine job getting corners to "PICK IT" on his own. Heyyyyyooooooo!..... Anybody?!?! ....Anybody?!?

ba dum bum!
Originally posted by GorefullBore:

i agree totally.

At times? How about all the time?

Nice talker, lousy coaching
Trent Dilfer /thread
Originally posted by darkknight49:
If anyone, Jeff Garcia. I mean, he really got a gorgeous wife, especially for being a weird looking dude. Whatever Skills he's got, he needs to share so kap can get some higher quality b***hes.

LMAO. This made my day
Andy Lee. At least he tried to pass it to the open receiver