LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 136 users in the forums

Which Legendary Niner QB Should Kaepernick Take Advice From?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which Legendary Niner QB Should Kaepernick Take Advice From?

Joe already said what he needed to hear. Stay in the pocket kid and make clutch throws under pressure, thats how to win in this league, none of this running stuff. If he wants to know how to handle losing a whole bunch of bigs games before winning the big one, then listen to Steve.
Cody Pickett
I hear Steve Spurrier's a fine coach
i personally think fans get too nostalgic over former great players helping out the current young stars for the team they played for. take the good advice from anywhere, wherever it comes from.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
I hear Steve Spurrier's a fine coach
he did get us to the playoffs in 72 and made the cover of sports illustrated that year, of course he pissed down his legs in the first round game vs the vikes and brodie had to save the day1 love that old school stuff!!! he was a good punter to
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
i personally think fans get too nostalgic over former great players helping out the current young stars for the team they played for. take the good advice from anywhere, wherever it comes from.

agree. they just want the glory days back in niner head quarters. that is a slap in the face to the guys on the team who are trying to build their own legacy and new chapters in our gloried history. that is why rice and joe would never make good coaches. their brains do not operate like others, they think everyone should play the game like they did
Originally posted by cciowa:

agree. they just want the glory days back in niner head quarters. that is a slap in the face to the guys on the team who are trying to build their own legacy and new chapters in our gloried history. that is why rice and joe would never make good coaches. their brains do not operate like others, they think everyone should play the game like they did

the history of sports shows that the all time greats often have troubles teaching others how to do it. its like they see things others cant and cant really relay it to them for them to see it. i remember hearing larry bird saying it was very frustrating at times for him as the indiana pacers head coach.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
the history of sports shows that the all time greats often have troubles teaching others how to do it. its like they see things others cant and cant really relay it to them for them to see it. i remember hearing larry bird saying it was very frustrating at times for him as the indiana pacers head coach.

bob gibson was a terrible pitching coach for the braves in 1982 and later said the pitchers of the modern era did not have the mental toughness he had and he could not coach them. ask green bay packer fans how they feel about bart star and forest gregg as players and then as head coaches .

bob gibson was a terrible pitching coach for the braves in 1982 and later said the pitchers of the modern era did not have the mental toughness he had and he could not coach them. ask green bay packer fans how they feel about bart star and forest gregg as players and then as head coaches .

wayne gretzky was also a failure as the phoenix coyotes head coach. it happens quite a bit. isiah thomas too.
How bout Randal Cunningham! lol

Originally posted by verb1der:

its not a bad suggestion honestly, he went from a run around the yard type of player that kaep kind of is, to a pocket passer on a 15-1 football team.
Originally posted by verb1der:

its not a bad suggestion honestly, he went from a run around the yard type of player that kaep kind of is, to a pocket passer on a 15-1 football team.

Yea his years with Moss were amazing.
Originally posted by robniner:
Throughout the run of Colin starting, you heard comments and opinions from Joe Montana and Steve Young of the development of the young QB. They both see potential but sense improvement. They present two different aspects to the table but two things they share: the WCO and the rings.

Its obvious the Colin needs to improve in a number of areas like decision-making and poise. Who do you think should Colin take advice from?

The way I look at it, a combination of both due to Joe's mastery and Steve's physical stature.

Definitely Steve Young, both him and Kaepernick are similar in quarterback styles so if Kap can get advice on improving, Young is the man.

wayne gretzky was also a failure as the phoenix coyotes head coach. it happens quite a bit. isiah thomas too.

It actually happens to HOFs in sports in general; superstars don't actually turn into great managers or head coaches. There have been a very,very few special exceptions.
Originally posted by robniner:

It actually happens to HOFs in sports in general; superstars don't actually turn into great managers or head coaches. There have been a very,very few special exceptions.

i agree totally.
Share 49ersWebzone