LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

Out-Coached! = Why did Seattle dominate both our O-line and our D-line?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JimA49ers:
Originally posted by T-9ers:
You guys want a Super Bowl but we got like the 10th best QB in the league. Can't tell me we ain't got a Super caliber team elsewhere, we do. Seahawks stacked the box, dared Kaep to throw, he couldn't get it done. There's been almost 50 Super Bowls played and a running QB has won none of them, so you can keepall that running stuff. I'll take 300 yds. and 3 td's passing anyday. Just look at Montana's comments from about a week ago about Kaep, you think he just made that stuff up? Kaep has to stay in the pocket and make clutch throws under pressure, beating teams with his brain. I'd like to ask Pete Carroll about that last play, I bet he'll take that match-up and situation a 100 times out of a 100.

10th??? Really? I would love to hear your list. Also, no running QB ever won a SB? Ever hear of the name Steve Young?

steve young was not a running qb. youre talking about the highest rated passer ever. how old are u?
Old enough to know he's ALSO the #2 rushing QB of all time.
NFL CAREER QB RUSHING LEADERS: NO. 2: STEVE YOUNG, 4,239 YARDS
BOOM!

You do realize 4239/169=25 yds. per game. Boom!

Yes I do, but he is still ranked as the #2 running QB, which is why him running was always a threat, and the defense had to keep that in mind. Even a bigger BOOM!
That does not mean he was a running QB. He actually didn't improve until he learned to stay cool in the pocket and make clutch throws. He was always a great athlete.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I've never said get rid of Kaep in any of my posts, I've supported from the initial change from Smith. That doesn't mean I'm not going criticize him. I don't think he's an elite passer, he won't win the big one until he plays smarter. It's just an opinion.
you can say that in regards to 99 per cent of the quarterbacks in this league. he is better now that what he was a year ago and in 7 months he will be better than what he is now. that is all you can ask for. in his first two years he has taken us to a super bowl and to within a few seconds of another super bowl and that is not good enough for some. tough crowd
Originally posted by cciowa:
I've never said get rid of Kaep in any of my posts, I've supported from the initial change from Smith. That doesn't mean I'm not going criticize him. I don't think he's an elite passer, he won't win the big one until he plays smarter. It's just an opinion.
you can say that in regards to 99 per cent of the quarterbacks in this league. he is better now that what he was a year ago and in 7 months he will be better than what he is now. that is all you can ask for. in his first two years he has taken us to a super bowl and to within a few seconds of another super bowl and that is not good enough for some. tough crowd

Unfortunately i think there's plenty of qb's who can lose the big game for us, maybe i'm expecting something he might not able to deliver, but you are right, he did good for the most part and he's getting better. Next year.
Is our ST coach still here?

How many years in a row now have we lost a game d/t poor ST calls, personnel usage, coaching, lack of development, etc.? 3 now?
Originally posted by NCommand:

How many years in a row now have we lost a game d/t poor ST calls, personnel usage, coaching, lack of development, etc.? 3 now?

He's still here. Gotta find a way for special teams to become special again in terms of the return game.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by NCommand:

He's still here. Gotta find a way for special teams to become special again in terms of the return game.

It's been horrendous for us...Kyle Williams with a concussion in the NFCCG against the Giants, diving all over the field trying to field balls in Candlestick...return coverages killed us..continuing to kick OFF and punt to dangerous guys in the playoffs...Seattle as well. Why? Make 'em take it at the 20 and go 80 yards against our defense every single time.
Having a kicker who can kick off every ball through the endzone is a huge benefit. make every team go 80yds after we score.
Originally posted by Canadian9erfan:
Having a kicker who can kick off every ball through the endzone is a huge benefit. make every team go 80yds after we score.

ST and coaching costed again here for the 3rd straight year. Period. Even if you have to angle the ball 10 yards off the ground, KICK THE DAMN BALL OUT OF THE BACK OF THE EZ. Same on punts. Why kick to dynamic returners and one's that have already proven to hurt us? Stupid!
Share 49ersWebzone