There are 82 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Out-Coached! = Why did Seattle dominate both our O-line and our D-line?

Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by OahuHawkFan:
All, I won't get into the X's and O's since I'm not qualified to do so. But it seems to me that this game could very well have gone either way. These teams are so equaly matched, it's rediculous. I guess the Superbowl will need to be played before I have any proof. But it really seems like the Niners and Seahawks are the two best teams in the NFL. A convincing Seahawks win will clarify the accuracy of that statement.

That said, it seems to me any conversation about any sort of drastic retooling, firing coaches, etc - is WAY over the top. You guys get a few officiating calls that go your way, a few (generous) spots on Lynch runs called differently, and a couple more inches of trajectory on the final toss by Kaepernick, and we're all having a very different conversation right now....(probably with me not being hated to quite the same degree).

Also, I think Kaepernick impressed the hell out of Seahawks fans this game. None of us really thought he could rise to the challenge like that. But he proved us wrong. He is a scary QB talent. As he diversifies his passing options (which he will), his up side is most certainly off the charts. Bring back a 100% healthy Crabtree next year, and you know this team is gonna battling for the top spot at the end of next years race. So why would you want to change anything?

Not sure if srs..

The only thing he is serious about is injecting Sherman and the legion of shrooms with steroids and adderall to make sure they win the game. Anything goes in SEA as long as you win.

He's part of the 12th denial.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
The only thing he is serious about is injecting Sherman and the legion of shrooms with steroids and adderall to make sure they win the game. Anything goes in SEA as long as you win.

He's part of the 12th denial.

lol
Not sure if srs..

I was 100% serious.
Not sure if srs..

I was 100% serious.

Great post then! I was never in the sky is falling party, because I see it the same way as you do. See you guys next season!

Oh and enjoy the limelight while it lasts.
Not sure if srs..

I was 100% serious.

Great post then! I was never in the sky is falling party, because I see it the same way as you do. See you guys next season!

Oh and enjoy the limelight while it lasts.

Lime light? You mean the PeeWee Sherman show? Yeah enjoy.
Originally posted by maxsmart:
Kap is no Tom Brady, but we couldn't move the ball at all except for Kap's scrambles. With a stationary QB and our play calling it might have been a shut-out without Kap! Alex Smith couldn't do much here but under Andy Reid (a good OC) he did very well.
It's not like Greg roman has a long history of being a great OC. He was coaching at high school when Harbaugh hired him! With our talent we should be better, so I think a new, good offensive coordinator is a must.

Let's not act like Alex Smith tore it up in KC. He threw for less than 200 more yards and 6 more TDs (along with 2 more INTs) than he did here in 2011. He was pretty much the same QB, even with a better offensive system.
Originally posted by JimA49ers:
Originally posted by T-9ers:
You guys want a Super Bowl but we got like the 10th best QB in the league. Can't tell me we ain't got a Super caliber team elsewhere, we do. Seahawks stacked the box, dared Kaep to throw, he couldn't get it done. There's been almost 50 Super Bowls played and a running QB has won none of them, so you can keepall that running stuff. I'll take 300 yds. and 3 td's passing anyday. Just look at Montana's comments from about a week ago about Kaep, you think he just made that stuff up? Kaep has to stay in the pocket and make clutch throws under pressure, beating teams with his brain. I'd like to ask Pete Carroll about that last play, I bet he'll take that match-up and situation a 100 times out of a 100.

10th??? Really? I would love to hear your list. Also, no running QB ever won a SB? Ever hear of the name Steve Young?

steve young was not a running qb. youre talking about the highest rated passer ever. how old are u?
Old enough to know he's ALSO the #2 rushing QB of all time.
NFL CAREER QB RUSHING LEADERS: NO. 2: STEVE YOUNG, 4,239 YARDS
BOOM!

You do realize 4239/169=25 yds. per game. Boom!
Originally posted by Empire49:
Originally posted by maxsmart:
Kap is no Tom Brady, but we couldn't move the ball at all except for Kap's scrambles. With a stationary QB and our play calling it might have been a shut-out without Kap! Alex Smith couldn't do much here but under Andy Reid (a good OC) he did very well.
It's not like Greg roman has a long history of being a great OC. He was coaching at high school when Harbaugh hired him! With our talent we should be better, so I think a new, good offensive coordinator is a must.

Let's not act like Alex Smith tore it up in KC. He threw for less than 200 more yards and 6 more TDs (along with 2 more INTs) than he did here in 2011. He was pretty much the same QB, even with a better offensive system.

True, but my point was that Kap is not our main problem, I think our offensive scheme and O coordinator are holding us back. We have the talent, yet our offense is mediocre, so coaching is the main problem. Why do we have Greg Roman, a former D lineman who has never done anything impressive in coaching, running our offense? There are many good OC candidates out there, why must we have a poor offense when we have such good talent?
Our coaching staff can be joke sometimes, that conservative bs needs to go.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
The only reason Seattle won was because the refs f**ked us on the running into the kicker call, Harbaugh negated the f**king penalty, giving Carroll the decision to show some balls on 4th & 7, and the entire game shifted in Seattle's favor. Our entire team was literally f**king finished after that happened.
HUH???? This doesn't even make sense.

It was like 4th and 13. The Seahawks ran into Andy Lee, so Harbaugh either needed to re-punt from 4th and 8 (punt using the same Andy Lee that just visibly limped off the field [maybe he was acting, but he sure didn't look healthy]) or decline the penalty. How does Harbaugh negating the penalty have anything to Carroll being able to go for it on 4th??
You guys want a Super Bowl but we got like the 10th best QB in the league. Can't tell me we ain't got a Super caliber team elsewhere, we do. Seahawks stacked the box, dared Kaep to throw, he couldn't get it done. There's been almost 50 Super Bowls played and a running QB has won none of them, so you can keepall that running stuff. I'll take 300 yds. and 3 td's passing anyday. Just look at Montana's comments from about a week ago about Kaep, you think he just made that stuff up? Kaep has to stay in the pocket and make clutch throws under pressure, beating teams with his brain. I'd like to ask Pete Carroll about that last play, I bet he'll take that match-up and situation a 100 times out of a 100.

10th??? Really? I would love to hear your list. Also, no running QB ever won a SB? Ever hear of the name Steve Young?

steve young was not a running qb. youre talking about the highest rated passer ever. how old are u?
BOOM!

Yes I do, but he is still ranked as the #2 running QB, which is why him running was always a threat, and the defense had to keep that in mind. Even a bigger BOOM!

BOOM!

So the choice is yours

Kaep is staying and not going anywhere for awhile..will you ?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

BOOM!

So the choice is yours

Kaep is staying and not going anywhere for awhile..will you ?
49, I just do not understand,, no matter who the quarterback is around here its like if they do not win a super bowl within a year, he is discarded and declared non essential surplus equipment i also note those people also have no answer to who they will bring in right now to be our quarterback who is better than ck.
That post just reminded me that a few years ago folks were crying for this team to bring in Derek Anderson.
Anything that could ever happen, happens in a parallel universe. (Many Worlds Interpretation) In some parallel universes,the 49ers beat the Seahawks last Sunday in the NFC Championship game and then went on to win Super Bowl 48. I honestly believe this

But it gets better, there are some parallel universes where the 49ers won 12 Super Bowls as of January 2014 including Super Bowl 10, Super Bowl 17, Super Bowl 30, Super Bowl 39, Super Bowl 46, Super Bowl 47 and Super Bowl 48. Heck there are universes where the 49ers won every Super Bowl since Super Bowl I

In SOME of those parallel universes where the 49ers beat the Seahawks last week in the NFC Championship game ,the 49ers beat the Seahawks in the NFC Championship game 62-7. Heck there are even parallel universes where the Seahawks won 3 games COMBINED in 2012 and 2013 and thus didn't even make the playoffs the last 3 seasons.

There are some parallel universes where Richard Sherman got a career ending injury in 2014.

So who cares about this universe,when there are millions of universes where the 49ers beat the Seahawks last week and won Super Bowl 48

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Many-worlds_interpretation
http://listverse.com/2013/02/22/10-mind-bending-implications-of-the-many-worlds-theory/
http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/10/20/us-science-cern-idUSTRE69J35X20101020
[ Edited by jayvason1127 on Jan 24, 2014 at 9:12 AM ]