LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 256 users in the forums

If you could pick 10 current 49ers to keep long term, who are those 10?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Some of you are ridiculous. Vernon Davis getting old? WTF? Do you not see the production of guys like gates and Gonzalez?? He will be solid for at least another 3 seasons
And bowman is not done. He will recover and come back just fine
Ald0n, PW, Bowman, Crab, Kaep, VD, Reid, Brock, Brooks, Staley, Iupati... That's 11 ain't it? I need to see me some Tank, Lattimore, and Lemonier too.
Bowman
Willis
Brooks
Aldon
Kaep
Staley
Boone
Reid
V. Davis
Crabtree

Just missed the cut
Culliver
Brock
Miller
Iupati
A. Davis
Lol. Thread title says "pick 10"... Everyone picks 15.
Willis
Bowman
Smith
Brooks
Crabtree
V. Davis
Kapernick
Staley
A. Davis
Boone

Thats 10. My next two would be Eric Reid and Ray McDonald (very underrated player around here). That's 12 guys. We need a RB, DE, and CB to step up to form a core group of 15 guys that should keep us in contention for a long time. Hopefully those players are Lattimore, Carradine, and Culliver/Brock/draft pick. But they have to prove it.

For those pushing Iupati, I don't think he figures into the long term plans. He is subpar in the passing game. With Iupati and Gore probably on their way out, we will probably get away from the power running game.
Willis
Bowman
A Smith
Brooks
Reid
V Davis
Crabs
Miller
Kaep
Staley
i'd rather have Iupati long term over Anthony Davis. Boone over both TBH. Staley is the obvious one we need to keep long term on the OL though.

my 10. i'm excluding all 1st/2nd year players

Bowman
Willis
Aldon Smith
Staley
Brooks
Kap
Staley
Crabtree
Vernon Davis
Boone

in that order.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
i'd rather have Iupati long term over Anthony Davis. Boone over both TBH. Staley is the obvious one we need to keep long term on the OL though.

my 10. i'm excluding all 1st/2nd year players

Bowman
Willis
Aldon Smith
Staley
Brooks
Kap
Staley
Crabtree
Vernon Davis
Boone

in that order.

Guards are easier to replace than Tackles. Iupati has also proven to be somewhat injury prone. If im picking a G to pay, its probably Boone, for health reasons, and the fact that he can play T.
Bowman.

Everyone else is expendable.
It would be interesting to hear why folks picked who they picked. Is it best player, best athlete, best all around, best character guys? My list was character, in prime or moving into it, and hardest to replace. That's why Kaepernick, Reid and the LBs were all among my pick. J Smith is just too good to miss a list...but then he is closer to retirement than many.

If Kaeps not here past 2016 it's because he hasn't learn how to play QB before the snap. What ever contract they give him needs to have an option out clause around this time.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Guards are easier to replace than Tackles. Iupati has also proven to be somewhat injury prone. If im picking a G to pay, its probably Boone, for health reasons, and the fact that he can play T.

yeah that came into consideration too.

i agree guards are easier to replace than tackle, but JMHO 1. Anthony Davis is a very good T and 2 healthy* Iupati is an elite guard, 2. he plays RT with a QB that likes to roll away from that side of the formation.

but that's assuming a blank slate on the salary cap. if we're talking about the 9ers situation now and who we have to resign, i'd rather keep Davis and let Iupati walk....... move Boone over to LG.........
Aldon Smith is our most valuable young asset
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
It would be interesting to hear why folks picked who they picked. Is it best player, best athlete, best all around, best character guys? My list was character, in prime or moving into it, and hardest to replace. That's why Kaepernick, Reid and the LBs were all among my pick. J Smith is just too good to miss a list...but then he is closer to retirement than many.

if we're talking "long term"

leadership
F* the age:

Frank
Staley
Boone
Bowman
Willis
Aldon
Reid
Vern
Dawson