There are 280 users in the forums

If you could pick 10 current 49ers to keep long term, who are those 10?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
1. Aldon
2. Reid
3. Bowman
4. Boone
5. Staley
6. Vernon
7. Davis
8. Brooks
9. Crab
10. Miller
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
Don't think I've seen Trumaine Brock's name on anybody's list... WTF?

See post #10 and I believe its Tramaine Brock.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by buck:
If we are thinking of the future, and I am a little unclear on when the future begins, I would not include any player who will be 30 years old or older next year.

I am going with 15 players.

1. Aldon Smith
2. Navarro Bowman
3. Patrick Willis
4. Eric Reid
5. Tank Carradine
6. Ian Williams
7. Tramaine Brock
8. Chris Culliver

9. Colin Kaepernick
10. Marcus Lattimore
11. Michael Crabtree
12. Anthony Davis
13. Alex Boone
14. Bruce Miller
15. Mike Iupati

Holy frick.

Ian Williams over Kaepernick?? Really???

I know some of you are bitter about the loss, but get the F out of here with the lists dropping Kap that low.

Hes a young, franchise QB. You have ZERO shot to win a SB without a franchise QB. He should be priority 1.

Really!!!! Making some assumptions aren't you.

I was not ranking the players.

I ordered the list by offense and defense--that is all.

Sorry. Did not mean to offend you.
No Staley? Vern? Brooks? I think you don't have to limit yourself to under 30.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
No Staley? Vern? Brooks? I think you don't have to limit yourself to under 30.

You can make your list anyway you want.

I happened to limit mine to players under 30.

Did you make a list?
If we are thinking of the future, and I am a little unclear on when the future begins, I would not include any player who will be 30 years old or older next year.

I am going with 15 players.

1. Aldon Smith
2. Navarro Bowman
3. Patrick Willis
4. Eric Reid
5. Tank Carradine
6. Ian Williams
7. Tramaine Brock
8. Chris Culliver

9. Colin Kaepernick
10. Marcus Lattimore
11. Michael Crabtree
12. Anthony Davis
13. Alex Boone
14. Bruce Miller
15. Mike Iupati

Holy frick.

Ian Williams over Kaepernick?? Really???

I know some of you are bitter about the loss, but get the F out of here with the lists dropping Kap that low.

Hes a young, franchise QB. You have ZERO shot to win a SB without a franchise QB. He should be priority 1.

Really!!!! Making some assumptions aren't you.

I was not ranking the players.

I ordered the list by offense and defense--that is all.

Sorry. Did not mean to offend you.

You labeled them 1-15, so I thought that was in order.

Im just annoyed in general at people who think any single player on this team is MORE of a priority to sign longterm than Kap. Especially after how long we had to wait to get a QB with his potential.

Im in constant disbelief at the short-sighted snobbery among our fans. We were mired in a pit of losing for nearly a decade, and we now have a young franchise QB with 3 road playoff wins before his 30th career start, and weve been to the Conf. Title game 3 straight years, and all you hear is moaning and complaining.

Its embarrassing how disrespectful our fans have been towards this team, especially Kap. The expectations are sky high, with zero exceptions or slack, and all coming from people who could never even have dreamed about playing in the NFL. I just wish common sense prevailed around here more often.

The losses are tough when you get this far, but were set up to be making runs for a long time.
  • buck
  • Veteran

Im just annoyed in general at people who think any single player on this team is MORE of a priority to sign longterm than Kap. Especially after how long we had to wait to get a QB with his potential.

Im in constant disbelief at the short-sighted snobbery among our fans. We were mired in a pit of losing for nearly a decade, and we now have a young franchise QB with 3 road playoff wins before his 30th career start, and weve been to the Conf. Title game 3 straight years, and all you hear is moaning and complaining.

Its embarrassing how disrespectful our fans have been towards this team, especially Kap. The expectations are sky high, with zero exceptions or slack, and all coming from people who could never even have dreamed about playing in the NFL. I just wish common sense prevailed around here more often.

The losses are tough when you get this far, but were set up to be making runs for a long time.

I numbered the list, so I would not lose count. You made a bad assumption.

I did include Kaepernick on the list. I think he is a key player for the team's future.
As for my top 15 players, in order...

1. Colin Kaepernick
2. Aldon Smith
3. NaVorro Bowman
4. Joe Staley
5. Michael Crabtree
6. Eric Reid
7. Patrick Willis
8. Ahmad Brooks
9. Tramaine Brock
10. Alex Boone
11. Anthony Davis
12. Chris Culliver
13. Mike Iupati
14. Quinton Patton
15. Tony Jerod-Eddie

I left guys like Lattimore and Carradine off because we have no idea what they look like in the NFL.

I numbered the list, so I would not lose count. You made a bad assumption.

I did include Kaepernick on the list. I think he is a key player for the team's future.

To be fair, usually number 9 in a list from 1-15 usually means number 9.

Disregard my comment then. Its directed at people who dont list Kap as an extremely high priority.
Kaep
Crabs
VD
Staley
Iupati
Willis
Bowman
Aldon
Brooks
Reid

Just missed cut
Brock
Lattimore
Miller

• buck
  • Veteran
To be fair, usually number 9 in a list from 1-15 usually means number 9.

Disregard my comment then. Its directed at people who dont list Kap as an extremely high priority.

What things usually are means, by definition, that they are not always that way.

My list was not a ranking. Simple.

1. Colin Kaepernick
2. Aldon Smith
3. NaVorro Bowman
4. Joe Staley
5. Michael Crabtree
6. Eric Reid
7. Patrick Willis
8. Ahmad Brooks
9. Tramaine Brock
10. Alex Boone
11. Anthony Davis
12. Chris Culliver
13. Mike Iupati
14. Quinton Patton
15. Tony Jerod-Eddie

I left guys like Lattimore and Carradine off because we have no idea what they look like in the NFL.

Jerod-eddie > Vern Davis? Blocking is not important?

Please be objective evaluating Kap. We went to one NFCC without Kap in the picture. Our super bowl year we were ....6-2 when Kap took over...?...7-1? something like that. This year we were very successful with low turnover offense and defense and special teams that picked up the slack. It's difficult to tell whether our offensive inconsistencies are due to game planning inadequacies or skill set inadequacies or some combination. I think the woe is me we have no receivers excuse mongering is pretty much debunked. Good OC's, good systems, get production from no names and we can too but don't for one reason or another. Again, it might be staff not letting people play through mistakes, or kap giving the evil eye to rookies who can't catch his heat.

I'm a pragmatist. We play the best players we have. Kap is our best player at QB. We play him and support him and hope for improvement. There's room for it in certain areas. I am not seeing Joe's second coming or anything. Are you?

And not just because of the ints in Seattle. This is an observation made over the course of the last 6-10 weeks.
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Jan 22, 2014 at 4:31 AM ]
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

1. Colin Kaepernick
2. Aldon Smith
3. NaVorro Bowman
4. Joe Staley
5. Michael Crabtree
6. Eric Reid
7. Patrick Willis
8. Ahmad Brooks
9. Tramaine Brock
10. Alex Boone
11. Anthony Davis
12. Chris Culliver
13. Mike Iupati
14. Quinton Patton
15. Tony Jerod-Eddie

Jerod-eddie > Vern Davis? Blocking is not important?

Vernon Davis is going to turn 30 this month. If im picking longterm options, hes not as big of a priority. TJE showed some real promise this year in an area thats going to need replenishing soon, and hes only 23.
I don't put an age limit on 4.3 40's.

I like J-E too. He needs to put on 20 lbs.
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Jan 22, 2014 at 5:40 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone