There are 144 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

If you could pick 10 current 49ers to keep long term, who are those 10?

Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by buck:
If we are thinking of the future, and I am a little unclear on when the future begins, I would not include any player who will be 30 years old or older next year.

I am going with 15 players.

1. Aldon Smith
2. Navarro Bowman
3. Patrick Willis
4. Eric Reid
5. Tank Carradine
6. Ian Williams
7. Tramaine Brock
8. Chris Culliver

9. Colin Kaepernick
10. Marcus Lattimore
11. Michael Crabtree
12. Anthony Davis
13. Alex Boone
14. Bruce Miller
15. Mike Iupati

I love your list. Mixture of Vets who are still young, and up and comers.

I thought we can't pick Tank. I pick Tank to replace QP on my list.

Kap
Crabs
Staley
Boone
Vance (still got high hopes for this kid)
Reid
Aldon
Bow
Cully (provided a full recovery)
Tank
Kap
Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuce
Crabs
Unibrow Davis
Boone
Lupati
Aldon Smiff
Eric Reid
Dahl
McDermott
not in any particular order or preference

crabtree
vernon
kaepernick
willis
bowman
brooks
aldon smith
Reid
Staley
Anthony Davis / Brock / Culliver (good corners and Tackles are hard to come by these days)
[ Edited by ginseng1000 on Jan 21, 2014 at 11:22 PM ]
keep Mcdermott and cut the rest. That's how you build a championship contending team.
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
not in any particular order or preference

crabtree
vernon
kaepernick
willis
bowman
brooks
aldon smith
Reid
Staley
Anthony Davis / Brock / Culliver (good corners and Tackles are hard to come by these days)

Pretty much this for me, though I would swap A.Davis for Boone.
[ Edited by VinculumJuris on Jan 21, 2014 at 11:24 PM ]
Originally posted by buck:
If we are thinking of the future, and I am a little unclear on when the future begins, I would not include any player who will be 30 years old or older next year.

I am going with 15 players.

1. Aldon Smith
2. Navarro Bowman
3. Patrick Willis
4. Eric Reid
5. Tank Carradine
6. Ian Williams
7. Tramaine Brock
8. Chris Culliver

9. Colin Kaepernick
10. Marcus Lattimore
11. Michael Crabtree
12. Anthony Davis
13. Alex Boone
14. Bruce Miller
15. Mike Iupati

Holy frick.

Ian Williams over Kaepernick?? Really???

I know some of you are bitter about the loss, but get the F out of here with the lists dropping Kap that low.

Hes a young, franchise QB. You have ZERO shot to win a SB without a franchise QB. He should be priority 1.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by buck:
If we are thinking of the future, and I am a little unclear on when the future begins, I would not include any player who will be 30 years old or older next year.

I am going with 15 players.

1. Aldon Smith
2. Navarro Bowman
3. Patrick Willis
4. Eric Reid
5. Tank Carradine
6. Ian Williams
7. Tramaine Brock
8. Chris Culliver

9. Colin Kaepernick
10. Marcus Lattimore
11. Michael Crabtree
12. Anthony Davis
13. Alex Boone
14. Bruce Miller
15. Mike Iupati

Holy frick.

Ian Williams over Kaepernick?? Really???

I know some of you are bitter about the loss, but get the F out of here with the lists dropping Kap that low.

Hes a young, franchise QB. You have ZERO shot to win a SB without a franchise QB. He should be priority 1.

wow, i didn't know tank carradine was that good...
Originally posted by Niners99:
Holy frick.

Ian Williams over Kaepernick?? Really???

I know some of you are bitter about the loss, but get the F out of here with the lists dropping Kap that low.

Hes a young, franchise QB. You have ZERO shot to win a SB without a franchise QB. He should be priority 1.


WhoTF cares about Krapands**t, he is 0 - 1 in the Super Bowl. Just draft a rookie and start over.
Just for those curious.

QB Kap signed thru 2014
RB Lattimore signed thru 2016
FB Miller signed thru 2014
WR Crabtree signed thru 2014
WR Patton signed thru 2016
TE Davis signed thru 2015
TE McDonald signed thru 2016
LG Iupati signed thru 2014
RG Boone signed thru 2015
LT Staley signed thru 2017
RT Davis signed thru 2019
DE Carradine signed thru 2016
OLB Brooks signed thru 2017
OLB Aldon signed thru 2014(Option for 2015)
ILB Willis signed thru 2016
ILB Bowman signed thru 2018
CB Culliver signed thru 2014
CB Brock signed thru 2017
FS Reid signed thru 2016(Option for 2017)
P Lee signed thru 2018
LS McDermott signed thru 2015*RFA after 2015 season)

A few more I wouldn't mind seeing long term.

Dan Skuta signed thru 2014
Ian Williams signed thru 2015
Glenn Dorsey signed thru 2014
Daniel Kilgore signed thru 2014(If he is our future at Center)
Added Lattimore because he may be the only significant offensive play maker other than Kaepernick on this team.

Kaepernick
V Davis
Lattimore (untested I know--but he is either the real thing or they need a new real thing)
Boone
Reid
Culliver
A Smith
Brooks
Willis
Bowman
Originally posted by BrianGO:
1 Kap
2 A Smith
3 Crab
4 Willis
5 Reid
6 Brooks
7 McDermott
8 J Staley
9 A Davis
10 Boone

Iupati -- Too inconsistent to pay top dollar. Too injury prone.
Bowman -- I've never seen any pro football player recover from an injury like that. Never. Not once. The knee is everything in sports. Just look at Manningham, and his injury wasn't even 10% as bad as Bowman's.
V Davis -- He relies on his speed, which might not last as he gets into his mid 30's.
Boldin -- He might still be good beyond 2016, but that is pushing it.

Stop scaring me about Bowman bro. f**k. I don't want to even imagine his career over. He has HOF potential too.
1. Aldon
2. Bowman
3. Willis
4. Crabtree
5. Boon
6. A. Davis
7. V. Davie
8. T. Brook
9. Whitner
10. Lee (Andy flips the field)
Originally posted by QBguru:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
1 Kap
2 A Smith
3 Crab
4 Willis
5 Reid
6 Brooks
7 McDermott
8 J Staley
9 A Davis
10 Boone

Iupati -- Too inconsistent to pay top dollar. Too injury prone.
Bowman -- I've never seen any pro football player recover from an injury like that. Never. Not once. The knee is everything in sports. Just look at Manningham, and his injury wasn't even 10% as bad as Bowman's.
V Davis -- He relies on his speed, which might not last as he gets into his mid 30's.
Boldin -- He might still be good beyond 2016, but that is pushing it.

Stop scaring me about Bowman bro. f**k. I don't want to even imagine his career over. He has HOF potential too.


Nothing could make me sicker.

It's too sickening to put into words. A heroic individual like Bowman, to see that happen to him.
1. Colin Kaepernick
2. Aldon Smith
3. NaVorro Bowman
4. Michael Crabtree
5. Patrick Willis
6. Vernon Davis
7. Eric Reid
8. Mike Iupati
9. Joe Staley
10. Anthony Davis
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 9,859
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by buck:
If we are thinking of the future, and I am a little unclear on when the future begins, I would not include any player who will be 30 years old or older next year.

I am going with 15 players.

1. Aldon Smith
2. Navarro Bowman
3. Patrick Willis
4. Eric Reid
5. Tank Carradine
6. Ian Williams
7. Tramaine Brock
8. Chris Culliver

9. Colin Kaepernick
10. Marcus Lattimore
11. Michael Crabtree
12. Anthony Davis
13. Alex Boone
14. Bruce Miller
15. Mike Iupati

I love your list. Mixture of Vets who are still young, and up and comers.

Thank you. Throw in them old folks, and I think next year is looking pretty good.