LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 134 users in the forums

What needs to happen to get that 6th??

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What needs to happen to get that 6th??

I for one think, revamping the running game is critical for our success. The days of the West Coast offense are long gone and don't seem to be coming back anytime soon. Precision passing, and allowing the WR's the chance to run after the catch isn't what this offense is about anymore. We look to ground and pound and stretch the field with long passes. With that we need a stronger ground game that we can run play action off of. Our ground game was good this year but not nearly as dominant as it has been in the past. I don't know if that will take some new O-linemen into the mix, reducing Gores carries, or finding a new game breaking RB all together. I'm ready for that 6th championship!
A better QB. We would win right now if we had signed Peyton Manning. This team would be 19 - 0 with Peyton Manning. 16 - 0 regular season. 3 - 0 in the playoffs with the #1 seed.

3 turnovers in the 4th quarter. Choke city Kaep. Just like last year. Choke city from 5 yard line. A bunch of fade floaters over the head of WR's. All incomplete. Super Bowl loss. I'm not sure we have a "big moment" QB. Montana got better and better with the game on the line. Kaep gets worse and worse. Never a good sign IMO.
Probably a little of all lol....I do think Roman needs to go...he calls plays like he is more scared to lose a field goal than get a touchdown.We need to get a killer instinct from someone...yesterday when Aldon got the strip fumble on the first play....all attempts should have been made to get a touchdown right there and bury their confidence be it by a trick play or whatever...not just run up the middle twice and throw a conservative pass.If they fumble and we go up 7-0 they are already feeling pressure...just settling for 3...they are like ahh were only down 3-0 after the worst start we coulda had...big difference in psyche right there..
We need to win all the games and score more points than the other guys.
Bringing back Delanie Walker
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
A better QB. We would win right now if we had signed Peyton Manning. This team would be 19 - 0 with Peyton Manning. 16 - 0 regular season. 3 - 0 in the playoffs with the #1 seed.

3 turnovers in the 4th quarter. Choke city Kaep. Just like last year. Choke city from 5 yard line. A bunch of fade floaters over the head of WR's. All incomplete. Super Bowl loss. I'm not sure we have a "big moment" QB. Montana got better and better with the game on the line. Kaep gets worse and worse. Never a good sign IMO.
Who would you have cut loose so you could pay Manning 20 mil a year? Kap isn't the answer yet, but at least he is dirt cheap for another year.
Luck. With so much parody all these games come down to a lucky break or two. Just look at super bowl winners in the last 12 years starting with the 01 Pats. Unfortunately for us we've been on the wrong side of it the last three years. In line with luck is also health. We've avoided the huge injuries but losing WR depth in 2012 and having Aldon and Justin play with one arm didn't help and if we had moved on no iupati, bowman, and maybe frank would have done us in vs Denver. Avoid the big injury in 2014 and we will be right there again knocking on the door
The weapons of mass destruction that Peyton possesses.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
its not gonna happen we gonna be stuck on 5 forever
you have to be a good team, then you also have to get some lucky breaks. when you're in the final 4, all 4 teams are good and not very much separates them, so those weird bounces and lucky breaks actually end up meaning a lot.

get rid of goodwin...i honestly believe our run game was weak because of him getting pushed back constantly and taking plays off in pass pro as well
Kap's development, no question. Fixing the secondary is a close second.
For me, it's for our QB to be better.

3 turnover in the Fourth Quarter is a BIG, FAT NO-NO!

All of the above.

Need better qb play.
Iupati, Goodwin, and Boone all failed badly in run blocking vs Seattle. Goodwin needs to be put oiut to pasture
Secondary needs some speed badly. What was Brock's 40 time? Im wondering why he plays so far off wr's all the time. Brown seems to be the only corner who can play some bump and run.
Originally posted by kidash98:
For me, it's for our QB to be better.

3 turnover in the Fourth Quarter is a BIG, FAT NO-NO!

I agree.
Share 49ersWebzone