There are 65 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Seattle losses all fit the same pattern in recent years.

~ Allow big kickoff and punt returns that kill us on field position. Sometimes Baldwin and sometimes other guys.
~ Tip ball up into air that could be interception that results in big completion for Seahawks. Eric Reid early in the game. I've seen this before in the other games.
~ Frank Gore completely ineffective.
~ Vernon Davis completely disappears.
~ We can't pass worth a darn vs. the Seahawks. Almost completely ineffective. Kaep did have some success running the ball in this game which he normally can't do either.
~ Almost a complete inability of the offense to move the ball at all. Kaep was able to run in this game but we could not do much else.
~ Always a long broken run by Marshawn Lynch. Usually all the way to the endzone. I can't believe how many times I have seen this.
~ Always Richard "thug" Sherman makes a big, big play. Key tip or interception of the game. Tip in this game. Interception on Vernon Davis running down the sideline in a past game. He always makes a huge influential play. Everytime we play them it seems.
~ Too many turnovers by our QB.
~ Russell Wilson scrambling around in circles for 5 minutes and being impossible to track down or sack and throwing a "backyard football" 50 yard bomb on us. Unplanned and not drawn up. Seriously he does this in every game to us at least once.


** Defense always plays their hearts out and plays pretty well keeping us in the game. But offense lets them down big time by not doing their part.


This is SEATTLE SPECIFIC and I'm not only talking about season ending losses like the other thread. Regular season too. Just SEATTLE and why they keep beating us head to head.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Jan 21, 2014 at 2:29 AM ]
Dude, there was a thread below already about this subject :)
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Dude, there was a thread below already about this subject :)

No there is not.

I'm talking about SEATTLE LOSSES. Not NFC Championship or Super Bowl. SEATTLE. ONLY SEATTLE is the focus.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Jan 20, 2014 at 11:18 PM ]
3 turnovers in a row is all I need to hear personally

Tell me ahead of time that Kaepernick will turn the ball over in their last 3 possessions and id guarantee a loss 95 times out of 100. We all knew this game would come down to the 4th quarter, and Kaep was thinking about his next endorsement deal instead of winning the game.
in the last two niners really failed to capitalize on early breaks...aldon smith gets sack/fumble on 1st play of game, niners ge ball at 15 and have to settle for field goal...in september dahl blocks a punt, niners drive to the goal line and throw a pick
I'm talking about SEATTLE LOSSES. Not NFC Championship or Super Bowl. SEATTLE. ONLY SEATTLE is the focus.
Now Frank Gore has a broken hand? WTF did we inflict any damage on those weakhawks or are they travelling to NY 100%? And they'll Percy back.

We're not going to know how well we would have fared against the Broncos until the SB. It's going to be interesting.

If Peyton Manning has his way with that Seattle defense then I think we all believe that we dodged a bullet in not advancing as Kaep and Harbaws would most likely be 0-2 in the big dance.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Now Frank Gore has a broken hand? WTF did we inflict any damage on those weakhawks or are they travelling to NY 100%? And they'll Percy back.

We're not going to know how well we would have fared against the Broncos until the SB. It's going to be interesting.

If Peyton Manning has his way with that Seattle defense then I think we all believe that we dodged a bullet in not advancing as Kaep and Harbaws would most likely be 0-2 in the big dance.

I think Peyton Manning will win and yes we would be 0 - 2. We would lose that game IMO.
Originally posted by hofer36:
in the last two niners really failed to capitalize on early breaks...aldon smith gets sack/fumble on 1st play of game, niners ge ball at 15 and have to settle for field goal...in september dahl blocks a punt, niners drive to the goal line and throw a pick

Yeah what the heck? Get the ball at the 15 yard line. 1st down on a turnover and get a FG.....
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by hofer36:
in the last two niners really failed to capitalize on early breaks...aldon smith gets sack/fumble on 1st play of game, niners ge ball at 15 and have to settle for field goal...in september dahl blocks a punt, niners drive to the goal line and throw a pick

Yeah what the heck? Get the ball at the 15 yard line. 1st down on a turnover and get a FG.....

Story of the season, and pretty much the norm since Harbaugh got here.
Don't forget 5 games in a row they held us to under 20 points. Would have been 6, but Ginn bailed us out week 1, 2011.
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by hofer36:
in the last two niners really failed to capitalize on early breaks...aldon smith gets sack/fumble on 1st play of game, niners ge ball at 15 and have to settle for field goal...in september dahl blocks a punt, niners drive to the goal line and throw a pick

Yeah what the heck? Get the ball at the 15 yard line. 1st down on a turnover and get a FG.....

Story of the season, and pretty much the norm since Harbaugh got here.

Our offense has not been good in the redzone in recent years in big games especially where we really need it. And it has cost us big time.
Ultimately you would have to say the Seattle RB, Seattle kick return game are far more explosive than the 49ers. And the Seattle defense may be even better than people give it credit for. Lynch and their return game is better than what we have. Only an insane homer would say otherwise.
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,562
Vernon's my man but Chancellor's got him shook
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:


This is SEATTLE SPECIFIC and I'm not only talking about season ending losses like the other thread. Regular season too. Just SEATTLE and why they keep beating us head to head.


They keep beating us in THEIR HOUSE head-to-head. When was the last time we lost to Seattle at home?