LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 294 users in the forums

4 and 7 TD on free play will Haunt me for the rest of my LIFE

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Rogers had great coverage, it was just an incredible play that you cant draw up...to get to a SB, youre gonna need some luck, and that was their lucky play.
Haunt you for the rest of your life? The rest of your life? Wow. I highly doubt that.
Originally posted by 9erStorm:
Haunt you for the rest of your life? The rest of your life? Wow. I highly doubt that.

well in fairness if he doesnt have much of a life, it could happen.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Rogers had great coverage, it was just an incredible play that you cant draw up...to get to a SB, youre gonna need some luck, and that was their lucky play.

Like I said earlier, coverage is only part of it, you've also got to make a play on the ball, and that's the part where he failed with his feeble little wave.

That said, I don't mean to imply this loss was on Rogers...there were enough breakdowns in all 3 phases + coaching that the dug the hole.
Rodgers failed to make the play, period. If Rodgers makes the fricking play, the outcome of the game is probably different. That's one of the fundamental differences between the two defenses as far as I'm concerned. The Niners had a corner who couldn't make the play and the Seahawks had a corner who could make the play. As far as the bad call that allowed the Seahawks to get the ball in the first place, I heard this morning that Roger Goddell is leaning towards having all personal fouls and penalties like this one reviewable because he wants to get the calls right any way he can for the good of the game.
Originally posted by crake49:
Rodgers failed to make the play, period. If Rodgers makes the fricking play, the outcome of the game is probably different. That's one of the fundamental differences between the two defenses as far as I'm concerned. The Niners had a corner who couldn't make the play and the Seahawks had a corner who could make the play. As far as the bad call that allowed the Seahawks to get the ball in the first place, I heard this morning that Roger Goddell is leaning towards having all personal fouls and penalties like this one reviewable because he wants to get the calls right any way he can for the good of the game.

i think he just wants the heat off of him. this has been an option to look at for years and they have always declined. now that the refs turned in a poor year its a good idea? no it was always a good idea.
You gotta look at the play before that aswell. Just lazy defensive effort on that 15 yard catch to set them up. Everybody just watched the tight end make a simple catch and he turned it up field before he went out of bounds. It's like the defense thought they won that drive b/c of the penalty and they just went to sleep.
[ Edited by lamontb on Jan 21, 2014 at 2:28 PM ]
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by crake49:

you could also say

if Russell's pass was 6" lower Rogers would have made the play

OR

if Kaps pass was 6" higher Sherman would not have made the play

LOL
didn't help that no one rushed the passer. He had time to throw a perfect pass, and yes, it had to be perfect.
Originally posted by SoCold:
you could also say

if Russell's pass was 6" lower Rogers would have made the play

OR

if Kaps pass was 6" higher Sherman would not have made the play

LOL

Well, it IS a game of inches, but Rodgers' hand was right there on the ball if you look at the play again. He just failed to bat it away. Sherman, on the other hand, went very high at the exactly right time and DID bat the ball away. Both passes were thrown about as well as a pass can be thrown. Wilson had the benefit of being able to stand there with no pressure because nobody was rushing. But the bottom line is that Sherman made a terrific play on the ball and Rodgers didn't. But, we all know that Sherman is a lot better corner than Rodgers so this shouldn't be a surprise.

CHECK IT

DOWN

Vernon on the out

room to run

a timeout left

All Kaeps' fault but fixable. It's something he's seen before..

He is the sole reason for us even being in the playoffs. Alex Smith would not get us there or any other QB.

THIRD TIME WILL BE THE CHARM.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
CHECK IT

DOWN

Vernon on the out

room to run

a timeout left

He is the sole reason for us even being in the playoffs. Alex Smith would not get us there or any other QB.

uh-oh, now you done it, you went and invoked the name of The One.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
CHECK IT

DOWN

Vernon on the out

room to run

a timeout left

uh-oh, now you done it, you went and invoked the name of The One.

he goes by the pro bowl one now
BTW when the SF Giants lost to the Angels before any world championship, that night , I was so numb and felt like it was the last time in my life that I would even see the Giants in the Series.

After their epic first championship , I forgot about that bitter pill and it STILL feels good being TWO TIME, TWO TIME , World baseball champions.

Our time will come. Especially with a YOUNG beast in Kaep that has experience in his mistakes and is able to fix them. Keep the faith.

-WE WERE NINE YARDS AWAY FROM BEATING THE ''UNBEATABLE SEAHAWKS '' IN THE ''LOUDEST ARENA IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND''

If cheat carroll molded his team after ours, signed rejects like Lockette , Robinson etc from our team for intel, drafted to better his team for the sole purpose of beating the niners, then why can't we do the same? We are close, but they won.........barely.
Originally posted by socalniner:
everything we said we were supposed to stop to win the game, we didn't do. Lynch got 100+ yards and a TD, and we gave up too many big passing plays. On both sides of the ball, we didn't execute. We still almost won, but too much to overcome when we're killing ourselves

Yeah, this was a team loss. Mistakes were made on both sides of the ball at critical times. Even with the cheating refs, the Niners could have won if they didn't shoot themselves in the foot...and head!
Share 49ersWebzone