There are 49 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

4 and 7 TD on free play will Haunt me for the rest of my LIFE

Yeah, San Francisco seemed to be jumping the gun a lot on Sunday. They were only called a time or two, but there were a handful of times that they jumped offsides but then got back before the snap. Anyway, Wilson probably doesn't take that shot without the flag... that really is a shame.
Also, the play that haunts me is the end of the first half. Carroll takes a risk by going for it on fourth down, but Wilson throws an incomplete pass. Instead of getting the ball at midfield with 25 seconds to go and threw timeouts, there's a ridiculous personal foul called against Rogers. That call was absolute nonsense in a critical part of the game. I think there's a very good chance that the 49ers would've picked up another field goal in that situation.

The reason it frustrates me is because Carroll took a RISK going for it on fourth done. Instead of paying the consequences for taking that risk, the refs bailed him out. He got to have his cake and eat it too.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
We JUMPED off-sides OK?

We JUMPED. When you make stupid mistakes disaster happens. I don't remember who it was, but on 4th and f**king 7 yards, our players were stupid enough to JUMP OFFSIDES. The end.

This. Wilson probably doesn't take that shot if he doesn't know he has a free play. The zebras perpetuated the problem, but the team was not good enough.
double post
[ Edited by TheRatMan13 on Jan 21, 2014 at 7:29 AM ]
This probably wont make you feel any better, but look at it this way... I'm pretty sure the league is going to do everything in their power to keep the Seahawk's cheating at a minimum in the Superbowl. Manning is the Golden child, and the NFL wants to send him out right. I'm not saying they'll fix the game, but I'm sure refs will be spoken to before the Superbowl to call aggressively against Seattle's defense, especially against Sherman. There's no way they want this bad example of sportsmanship to be spewing vile of how great he is during the off-season, proving that cheaters can win championships...

Seattle is merely the chosen lamb for the slaughter. If Seattle wants to win they will have to play straight, and against Manning, I just don't think they can.

FCK Hawks!!!
[ Edited by vermonator on Jan 21, 2014 at 8:22 AM ]
Another thing to hang our hats on... This will be the worst venue in Superbowl history. I think the weather will be a huge factor, and there's a good chance injuries will take their toll. This will either be an ugly game, or completely lopsided, or both.
Originally posted by xtm059:
this doesnt really need its own thread

still

the only reason they had the chance for this play in the first place is because the s**tass zebras got the call wrong when andy lee got hurt. it should have been roughing the kicker, 15 yd pen and auto first down. instead seattle gets great field position

why not? it's perfectly fine. get over it
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Aldon and Ahmad have been jumping offsides for years and then proceeding to stand there. Eventually it was going to burn us and it finally did. I have posted a 100 times over 4-5 years about Brooks (and aldon a little) jumping offsides then standing there instead of continuing to go after the QB. They will blow it dead if you get close enough to the QB after jumping but don't just stand there and make the free play even easier. Aldon and Ahmad show the same bad judgement off the field in the past as they do on the field at times.

Yep and allowing 15 on 3rd and 22 that was b.s., even after he caught it we had a half ass tackle attempts. It's part of our philosophy to keep everything in front of us but I wish on 3rd downs we'd press coverage and not off 10 yards on 3rd and 10. Either way the defense has carried us throughout the year, the offense is more of a concern for me.

amen!
Originally posted by 9erTilDeath:
That is the only play that is still buried in the pit of my stomach.. I whole heartedly felt in my heart ( I said to my crazed Niner buddies right before Pete the Cheat went for it on 4th) I said, fellas Pete is desperate and knows he doesn't have too many chances, get this 4th down stop and we go back to the SB.. If we got that 4th down stop and took over at our own 35 carrying a 17-13 lead, the momentum of the 4th down stop and holding a lead would've propelled us to a long scoring drive..

I have not slept since that godforsaken play. I think this team is cursed. We have arguably been the best team in the NFL the last 3 seasons and have no hardware to show for it..

Carlos Rogers.. I'm dumbfounded that harbaugh doesn't know what 90% of the average niner fans know about Rogers.. He is bad at football , period. He sucks flat out sucks..
That POS very well may have caused this franchise another shot.. I truly believe without a shred of any doubt that was the play of the game.. I had a feeling of enormous disgust after that one. Fluke BS freebie TD.. All the stars were aligned for the shut hawks on that play and Rogers put the cherry on top..

I don't care about Kaps 3 turnovers in the 4th.. One plays changes the course of momentum and the execution of plays to come. 4th and 7 ripped my freaking heart out..
I'm 25 and I've never felt this sick over a loss.. At halftime I never had a single doubt we wouldn't win. Not ONE BIT..
Still shell shocked..

not if we win next year!
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
oops, n/m, thought this was about the long lynch run.

th 4th and 7 td was just a great pitch/catch. Rogers had excellent coverage.

Sure, his coverage wasn't bad, but coverage is only half the equation...the other half is actually making a play on the ball which he did a terrible job. Absolute backbreaker.

But the Lynch run was a huge gaffe by the defense also...from Reid overrunning it to shoddy "tackling" attempts once Lynch was down around the 10, that was the play that told the Seahawks and their lame a** fans they were back in this game.
its a game bro, time to move on and get over it. i guess being 25 and never seeing the team win it all before factors in, but its really not that big of a deal. in our hey day in the 80's and 90's we had more crushing playoff loses than super bowl wins. just the nature of the game, but thats why we watch, we dont know whats coming.
everything we said we were supposed to stop to win the game, we didn't do. Lynch got 100+ yards and a TD, and we gave up too many big passing plays. On both sides of the ball, we didn't execute. We still almost won, but too much to overcome when we're killing ourselves
I simply stopped by this forum to lurk/read, but I agree so much with this thread that I had to register and chime in!

That was the end of the game for me. It was worse than a punch to the gut. It knocked the wind out of me. From there on out, I quietly watched. No more roaring, no more beer - I felt at the time that was the play that eliminated us. Rogers needed to make that play. Not an easy one.. but that's why he's there.

I like the post above mine. We were always in the playoffs in the 80s/90s and things like this happen.

Here's to hoping our guys move on and stay healthy, motivated in the off season. Wishing them the best.
Originally posted by 9erTilDeath:
That is the only play that is still buried in the pit of my stomach.. I whole heartedly felt in my heart ( I said to my crazed Niner buddies right before Pete the Cheat went for it on 4th) I said, fellas Pete is desperate and knows he doesn't have too many chances, get this 4th down stop and we go back to the SB.. If we got that 4th down stop and took over at our own 35 carrying a 17-13 lead, the momentum of the 4th down stop and holding a lead would've propelled us to a long scoring drive..

I have not slept since that godforsaken play. I think this team is cursed. We have arguably been the best team in the NFL the last 3 seasons and have no hardware to show for it..

Carlos Rogers.. I'm dumbfounded that harbaugh doesn't know what 90% of the average niner fans know about Rogers.. He is bad at football , period. He sucks flat out sucks..
That POS very well may have caused this franchise another shot.. I truly believe without a shred of any doubt that was the play of the game.. I had a feeling of enormous disgust after that one. Fluke BS freebie TD.. All the stars were aligned for the shut hawks on that play and Rogers put the cherry on top..

I don't care about Kaps 3 turnovers in the 4th.. One plays changes the course of momentum and the execution of plays to come. 4th and 7 ripped my freaking heart out..
I'm 25 and I've never felt this sick over a loss.. At halftime I never had a single doubt we wouldn't win. Not ONE BIT..
Still shell shocked..

So....you are aware that the entire defense fell asleep on that play right? Aldon was the original culprit, Rogers was just the guy that gets the blame. And don't forget there was on offsides call. 4th and 2, Seattle could have still gone for it or kicked a 48 yarder. Then who knows what would have happened. Rogers needs to go but don't act like this one play alone caused is the game. Get a little more perspective.
That play still makes me sick!
Fangio should of went with Cox, he was balling out for us. I hope I never see Carlos Rogers in a 49er uniform ever again! He sucks!!