LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 257 users in the forums

4 and 7 TD on free play will Haunt me for the rest of my LIFE

Shop Find 49ers gear online
That is the only play that is still buried in the pit of my stomach.. I whole heartedly felt in my heart ( I said to my crazed Niner buddies right before Pete the Cheat went for it on 4th) I said, fellas Pete is desperate and knows he doesn't have too many chances, get this 4th down stop and we go back to the SB.. If we got that 4th down stop and took over at our own 35 carrying a 17-13 lead, the momentum of the 4th down stop and holding a lead would've propelled us to a long scoring drive..

I have not slept since that godforsaken play. I think this team is cursed. We have arguably been the best team in the NFL the last 3 seasons and have no hardware to show for it..

Carlos Rogers.. I'm dumbfounded that harbaugh doesn't know what 90% of the average niner fans know about Rogers.. He is bad at football , period. He sucks flat out sucks..
That POS very well may have caused this franchise another shot.. I truly believe without a shred of any doubt that was the play of the game.. I had a feeling of enormous disgust after that one. Fluke BS freebie TD.. All the stars were aligned for the shut hawks on that play and Rogers put the cherry on top..

I don't care about Kaps 3 turnovers in the 4th.. One plays changes the course of momentum and the execution of plays to come. 4th and 7 ripped my freaking heart out..
I'm 25 and I've never felt this sick over a loss.. At halftime I never had a single doubt we wouldn't win. Not ONE BIT..
Still shell shocked..
[ Edited by 9erTilDeath on Jan 20, 2014 at 11:05 PM ]
this doesnt really need its own thread

still

the only reason they had the chance for this play in the first place is because the s**tass zebras got the call wrong when andy lee got hurt. it should have been roughing the kicker, 15 yd pen and auto first down. instead seattle gets great field position
I'm sorry if it doesn't need it's own thread but the niners also didn't need another NFC title loss .. That play was sickening.. I agree on roughing the kicker.. Even Perriera and Aikman were all over that massive blown call. Makes me feel that much more iLL.. UnFreakingReal.. We can just never catch a damn break..
Biggest play of the game. Gave them their first lead, and set off a chain of events that led to the loss.
the way the defense had been performing without him.
and us giving up 350 yards and 400 yards to end the season WITH HIM

there's just no damn way he should have been on the field.

no damn way.

lol

vic will go with him though and i don't understand it to save my life.
why would you go with him?
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
the way the defense had been performing without him.
and us giving up 350 yards and 400 yards to end the season WITH HIM

there's just no damn way he should have been on the field.

no damn way.

lol

vic will go with him though and i don't understand it to save my life.
why would you go with him?

I've seriously asked my self that question Atleast 478 times since last night. He broke our back in last years SB also , giving up a 3rd and long completion in 4th to then Raven Boldin ..
Cox was playing very well and I have to believe he would have gotten a hand in there and stopped that play. These " what ifs" will never go away.. Harbaugh must be sick right now..
Originally posted by 9erTilDeath:
I've seriously asked my self that question Atleast 478 times since last night. He broke our back in last years SB also , giving up a 3rd and long completion in 4th to then Raven Boldin ..
Cox was playing very well and I have to believe he would have gotten a hand in there and stopped that play. These " what ifs" will never go away.. Harbaugh must be sick right now..

Oh my f**kin greatness!!! Rogers and Brown disgust me so much.
I wonder if we could start teaching our DBs Seattle hold techniques. With our front seven we would not lose one game.
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Puckdaddy:
Oh my f**kin greatness!!! Rogers and Brown disgust me so much.

Wasn't Brown hurt?
Originally posted by 9erTilDeath:

he wasn't good at any point this season
if his name was nnamdi the local media would have been calling for his head after every single game.

Originally posted by 9er2k:
Wasn't Brown hurt?

brown was solid.
he gave up a td on a perfect throw by newton
that's the extent of his playoffs
Originally posted by 9er2k:
Wasn't Brown hurt?

Not just for yesterday but in general
We JUMPED off-sides OK?

We JUMPED. When you make stupid mistakes disaster happens. I don't remember who it was, but on 4th and f**king 7 yards, our players were stupid enough to JUMP OFFSIDES. The end.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Biggest play of the game. Gave them their first lead, and set off a chain of events that led to the loss.

Agreed, but we did it to ourselves because we jumped off-sides. We deserved to get scored upon.
There were a handful plays/calls that doomed the Nines, but yeah, this one was particularly bad. And really the die was cast on 3rd down... had them on the ropes after the grounding call, so 3rd & 22. Then of course the Niners played WAY too soft, so short throw to Miller and he's able to run for 15-yds. 4th & 7, AFTER a timeout, you'd think not falling for the hard count would've been beat into everyone's head during the TO... but they STILL jump, and seemed like half of the defense thought play was dead, and in fact whoever it was in the middle (McDonald?) just stood there at the LOS. And it was a great throw by Wilson, but Rogers was in a position to make a play, but instead he gave the most feeble little wave at the ball. Pathetic attempt to break it up. Even though was early 4th, that's when my Niner pessimism kicked in and deep down felt the game was over.
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on Jan 21, 2014 at 12:46 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone