once again I agree with your perspective.
1. Kap is young and he is not going to be perfect. The road to the Superbowl was tough for us this year. The regular season was loaded with good teams and we had many injuries. We weathered that storm and then we made the playoffs and had to travel to GB, then Carolina, and then at Seattle. It was just a tough draw IMO. Kap at the end didn't play great but even my buddies at work today that live in San Diego had nothing but high praise for Kap and how he played in Seattle.
2. Bowman getting hurt just seemed like it made the game not matter to me. I still wanted us to win but honestly all I could think about was getting an update on how Bowman was doing. I can't help but think that his team-mates felt the same and then some.
3. Refs did suck. I heard Mike Pierra today on the radio say that the refs really botched that game. The Whitner hit, the Carlos Rogers shove, the Bowman fumble recovery and he said the worst mistake of all was the roughing the punter miss call. However with all that being said, I agree with you, I don't want to stew on this like last years loss either. It's a sucky feeling and it won't change anything. Honestly, every year there is only going to be one winner and 31 losers. It's hard to win it all. I'm proud of the team and I know the way they are built, Harbaugh will have them competing each and every year.
4. Sherman: I don't get how people or Seahawks fans embrace him. When VD was young and childish on our team and hated it. His personal fouls were costing the team. Luckily he grew up. Aldon's off field issues I don't care for at all. The drinking and partying isn't worth other people's lives being in danger, etc... Hopefully Aldon continues to stay on the right track and makes good choices, etc... With Sherman, the guy is just detestable and even if he was on the Niners, I couldn't root for him. He talks a ton of crap after he makes the big play or after they win a game. For this Superbowl coming up, he isn't going to say anything about Peyton or their wr's before the game. After the game, if they win he will run his mouth. I wish he would just own up to who is is though. If he wants to play the villian card or the thug card or whatever, then just embrace it and be that guy. I remember the Harbaugh thing you referenced and yeah, he didn't even give Harbaugh a chance to say anything and then he runs and tells the media Harbaugh has no class
With what he did yesterday at the end of the game, instead of celebrating with your team that you are going to the SB, the first thing on his mind is to go rub it in to Crabtree. He tries to say he went to congratulate him. Then he changed his story to Crabtree was talking crap. Then gave the choke sign to the 49ers sidelines (who were underdogs by the way), then he said he was doing that at Kaepernick. Now today his story has gone to Crabtree started a fight wih him in Arizona and now he has since apologized. He just needs to own. No one is buying his antics. If he wants to be the trash talking villian type, then embrace it. Don't try and justify your poor behavior on the field with how much charity work you do off of it.
5. Last thing and I don't know if this is a disagreement or not... The Seattle fan base. I'm sure there are many respectful Seattle fans and even some that come here to the zone but right now they just seem detestable as well. They seem to be ranking up there with Red Sox fans or Philly fans. Throwing popcorn at Bow, and I saw water or beer being thrown at Kaepernick. From "Pete the Cheat" to the most PED usage in the NFL... to the way Sherman acts and the fanbase loving him for it... It seems like it all flows from good old Pete. Look I get it that they have the loudest stadium but never have I seen a professional team give so much credit to the fans for winning games. They say that they cause an earthquake just about every other game. When the set the record for the loudest stadium earlier in the year, the Chiefs broke it the very next week. I'm pretty sure that if the chiefs set up the same earthquake type of equipment, they would have done the same thing, and it would be the same in Philly or Washington, etc... Because it's a fricken stadium with tons of fans cheering and stomping. With Seattle fans though, they just come off as whinny. San Diego has never won a championship but their fans don't talk mad crap like their the best thing ever. Seattle hasn't ever won jack, but the way they talk about it constantly. "Loudest Stadium", "best team in the NFL", "best defense", "best secondary", "best fans" "The 12th man" "we cause earthquakes".
Anyways, that my rant. Thanks again Marvin for the whole season.