LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 403 users in the forums

2013 - NFC Championship Round: Thoughts after watching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • kray28
  • Veteran
The bad call on Bowman's fumble recovery didn't hurt us either...as Lynch fumbled on the next play.

1. I just remember think how cheap and cheesy Carroll was for taking advantage of that horrible call and going for the TD on 4th down. He got served a measure of justice for it.

2. The impact of the roughing non-call was huge in comparison.
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by stimpy:
Be real people. If Manning is going to work over their defensive backfield, he would have had a field day with ours.

Not only that, but I don't see the refs letting the Seahawk secondary get away with mauling Peyton's receivers in what might be the last game of his career. That's one of the few things I think will be interesting to watch. The NFL just loves Peyton Manning. The refs love him. He's America's golden boy. I've never rooted for him. This will be a new experience for me.

thats the story line of the super bowl for me. we know seattles db`s push the envelope on contact, they dont even try to really deny it. we know peyton has the highest scoring team of all time with 4 players with 10+ td catches. there is going to be points in the game where theres contact that could be called a flag. question comes down to will they call it or will they not. they usually have not this season but maybe with manning it might be different
I hate to say it but Seattle is going to destroy the Broncos just like we would've. The Broncos won't be able to run the ball, they will become one dimensional and their front 4 will start to tee of off on Peyton, who we know really hates to get hit.
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
I hate to say it but Seattle is going to destroy the Broncos just like we would've. The Broncos won't be able to run the ball, they will become one dimensional and their front 4 will start to tee of off on Peyton, who we know really hates to get hit.

I'm not so sure about that. Manning's game this year is all about short to medium range passes that he gets out very quickly. And this year, a few times his running game has been shut down and it almost didn't matter. Not only that, but I think that no-huddle thing he does is going to wear the Seahawk defense down - they're big and hard hitting and you tend to see some of their front seven leaning over with hands on knees towards the end of games. And that no-huddle will make it hard for them to make use of their deep D line because it's harder to change players.

still a pretty damn good 1 dimension they have. 4 players with 10+ rec tds. even if that run is shut down they can still do somethings.

PED is one hell of drug. You mad Richard Sherman ?

peyton is a field general. he will see everything pre snap and audible out and attack seattle's defense. you can try to tee off on him all you want. seattle might get him a few times, but peyton will surely get his shots at big gains.
Originally posted by 76Razor:

peyton is a field general. he will see everything pre snap and audible out and attack seattle's defense. you can try to tee off on him all you want. seattle might get him a few times, but peyton will surely get his shots at big gains.

also seattle doesnt disguise things a lot, yes they are very talented against the pass but its not some huge mystery as to what they`re going to do. peyton will have some sort of plan that yields him some success.
Originally posted by stimpy:
Be real people. If Manning is going to work over their defensive backfield, he would have had a field day with ours.

disagree. we do well against one dimensional teams. we have the most trouble with teams that are geared like ours.
I blame Carlos Rodgers for giving up the touchdown on 4th and 7

Originally posted by VABeach49er:

Although Donte Whitner was out of position also.
"2013 - NFC Championship Round: Thoughts after watching the game..."

Sadness......

"2013 - NFC Championship Round: Thoughts after watching the game..."

Sadness......

your argument would have more merit if you pointed out aldon smith jumped offsides and just completely stopped his pass rush
Originally posted by kujon11:

your argument would have more merit if you pointed out aldon smith jumped offsides and just completely stopped his pass rush

everyone completely stopped their pass rush on that d-line. also, they (plenty of people smarter than me and on sports radio) said that whitner was out of position and should have been there to help on that play. BUT, they all say it was a PERFECT pass. meh...if you wanna be mad about a play, be mad that they gave 15 yards on 3rd and 22 to miller. play each down the the fullest OR ELSE!
Share 49ersWebzone