There are 259 users in the forums

2013 - NFC Championship Round: Thoughts after watching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I dunno, watching 49ers football all these years, this game was like a creepy flashback to the '83 Championship game where the refs jobbed us, and the Skins limped into a Superbowl slaughter.

Not quite as bad as that game...but yes, it crossed my mind.
You know, i really can't believe some of the things that i am reading on this post! especially in the first couple of pages. blaming Kaep, and coaches. we didnt get to that game on whims! if it wasn't for the refs we would have won that game. i want to ask all who read this a question. how did the calls of helmet to helmet on whitner, the personal foul on rogers for pushing dude out of bounds, and not getting the roughing the kicker call make you feel. well imagine how it made our niners feel. they are out there busting their asses and playing great! and then here comes this B.S. and brings down our morale. i think morale plays a big part in a lot of these games. after not getting the roughing the kicker call everything went down hill! and sherman was pretty quiet all game, until that last play... the only thing he showed me was roid rage!
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
I dunno, watching 49ers football all these years, this game was like a creepy flashback to the '83 Championship game where the refs jobbed us, and the Skins limped into a Superbowl slaughter.

Personally i think thats whats going to happen here, other then Seattle isnt exactly limping, but I dont think they really understand what Manning and that offense can do to them. Sherman is used to covering receivers smaller then. I dont think hes going to look like the greatest db against a receiver his size, faster, and more physical then him.

Do you think our defense, if we made it past Seattle with a healthy Bowman, could have stopped Manning? I think we could have slowed him down enough and we could have won. Now I think Seattle with their speed on the Dline and LOB is equal to, if not better, than our D. (My friend said before the game he heard Eric Davis say Seattle has the better D). As much as I hate Seattle, their D can contain Manning. It's up to their Russel and Lynch to help them.
Sherman, no matter how much we may hate him, is way better than Brock or Brown, and it's not even close.
[ Edited by FunkNinerFlex on Jan 22, 2014 at 10:50 PM ]
Originally posted by BobS:
When are you sore losers going to stop blaming the refs? I guess Kap's 3 fourth quarter turnovers had nothing to do with the loss?

Those turnovers almost certainly don't happen if we had gotten the correct call of roughing the kicker and extending our drive you JACKASS!!!
The reason the 49ers lost is because of the O-line. Watch the interception at the end, Kaepernick makes the throw or takes a sack and possibly a strip. Avril just bull rushed Davis. There is NO way he was going to evade that pressure. He was completely hurried. Kap was already stripped twice at this point, so if he sees the pressure coming that fast, he's not risking another strip, so he threw it.

I cannot believe how many of you missed this.
Originally posted by dks89:
The reason the 49ers lost is because of the O-line. Watch the interception at the end, Kaepernick makes the throw or takes a sack and possibly a strip. Avril just bull rushed Davis. There is NO way he was going to evade that pressure. He was completely hurried. Kap was already stripped twice at this point, so if he sees the pressure coming that fast, he's not risking another strip, so he threw it.

He can always throw it away
Originally posted by 9erTilDeath:
Roughing the kicker was such an obvious call that Aikman/Buck and the NFL shill himself Pierriea said it was an easy call and should've been a 15 yard penalty and niners balls on their own 40... But instead we punt from our 25 and Seattle has great field position on their own 40, led to a TD..

Power of the zebras.. Absolutely Dispicable Calls and Non calls went against us..

What about Lamichael James having his facemask ripped off of his head and dragged down?
No flag, no penalty.. Ofcourse......

The lmj one got me it seems to be the only one not talked about much also.
Why they just don't switch to helmets to have a clear plastic shield OUTSIDE of the faceguard to prevent this from even happening is beyond me.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by dks89:

He can always throw it away
Bingo. Plenty of time left, two time outs remaining, and he went with going against the best corner in the game. Never even looked to the left, as there were receivers open.
Originally posted by FunkNinerFlex:

Personally i think thats whats going to happen here, other then Seattle isnt exactly limping, but I dont think they really understand what Manning and that offense can do to them. Sherman is used to covering receivers smaller then. I dont think hes going to look like the greatest db against a receiver his size, faster, and more physical then him.

Do you think our defense, if we made it past Seattle with a healthy Bowman, could have stopped Manning? I think we could have slowed him down enough and we could have won. Now I think Seattle with their speed on the Dline and LOB is equal to, if not better, than our D. (My friend said before the game he heard Eric Davis say Seattle has the better D). As much as I hate Seattle, their D can contain Manning. It's up to their Russel and Lynch to help them.
Sherman, no matter how much we may hate him, is way better than Brock or Brown, and it's not even close.
Manning reads defenses better. However, I feel the Niners would have a better shot in the Super Bowl than the cawks because no homefield advantage.
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
Dean Blandino (head of officiating) decided to admit that NFL goofed on Bowmans fumble but conveniently left out the non roughing call on our punter which could have sealed the game. F#%k You Nfl.

how do u know this?

NFL.com

• kray28
  • Veteran
Dean Blandino (head of officiating) decided to admit that NFL goofed on Bowmans fumble but conveniently left out the non roughing call on our punter which could have sealed the game. F#%k You Nfl.

how do u know this?

NFL.com

I think he means how do you know that the roughing non-call could have sealed the game.

To answer for you...the noncall extended a drive for Seattle that eventually resulted in the 4th and 7 touchdown pass.
Originally posted by kray28:

how do u know this?

NFL.com

I think he means how do you know that the roughing non-call could have sealed the game.

To answer for you...the noncall extended a drive for Seattle that eventually resulted in the 4th and 7 touchdown pass.

It didn't extend the drive...it killed the 9er drive and gave the hawks the ball where they scored.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by kray28:

how do u know this?

NFL.com

It didn't extend the drive...it killed the 9er drive and gave the hawks the ball where they scored.

You're right...I had it backwards.
Be real people. If Manning is going to work over their defensive backfield, he would have had a field day with ours.
Originally posted by stimpy:
Be real people. If Manning is going to work over their defensive backfield, he would have had a field day with ours.

Not only that, but I don't see the refs letting the Seahawk secondary get away with mauling Peyton's receivers in what might be the last game of his career. That's one of the few things I think will be interesting to watch. The NFL just loves Peyton Manning. The refs love him. He's America's golden boy. I've never rooted for him. This will be a new experience for me.
Share 49ersWebzone