There are 156 users in the forums

2013 - NFC Championship Round: Thoughts after watching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by thl408:

Good point that Kap throws it just as Crabs stutter steps. Again, just my take, the film is for everyone to evaluate on their own. A QB should not throw a fade route when the CB is over the top of the WR. This is poor recognition of leverage. I'm still trying to remain objective, never trying to throw fuel on the fire. When Kap does well, I commend him. I'm not going to commend him here.

I am assuming that you are okay with the decision to throw it to Crabs based solely off the pre-snap read. I disagree with this in that Kap must still read how the CB is aligned with the WR prior to making this throw. Had Sherman played bail technique, no way Kap throws this.

BOOM!! No matter how anyone tries to paint it, it comes down to Kap making a bad post snap read.
Originally posted by Furlow:
I literally got choked up posting that, especially the Bowman one. Had no idea how truly awful those calls were. And every one of them, EASILY reviewable and changeable. Just disgusting.

Referees should be the equivalent of the goal posts, pylons, yard markers, and the scoreboard. They should not, in any way, shape or form, determine or influence the outcome of the game. Of course, that would mean the league, owners, and Vegas sports books giving up control and power - so it will never happen.

The penalty on whitner and the one on Rogers could have gone either way called or not. The whiyner one was more due to angles and gamespeed while the one on Rogers was for the refs to "gain control" of the game.
Originally posted by 9erTilDeath:

5 total brutal, game altering calls made against us and still one perfect pass from winning the gm.

I feel sick after watching those gifs. Just sick. What are the odds of a 4th straight NFC title gm

Beautiful post!!! You forgot the intentional grounding calls that were not called and the no holding call on the Baldwin return.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Puckdaddy:
Beautiful post!!! You forgot the intentional grounding calls that were not called and the no holding call on the Baldwin return.

There was only one marginal non-call on intentional grounding (that I can remember). I couldn't find that or the Baldwin return in a gif or I would have posted them.

Which intentional grounding there was multiples i know one for sure was the right no call cuz wilson was technically out of the pocket.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Which intentional grounding there was multiples i know one for sure was the right no call cuz wilson was technically out of the pocket.

So says Pierra, but when rewinding the DVR the ball was released inside of the tackle box that fox drew up.
There was only one marginal non-call on intentional grounding (that I can remember). I couldn't find that or the Baldwin return in a gif or I would have posted them.

It was Maragos being held when he tried to make a play on Baldwin, the blocker CLEARLY had him held. It was exactly like the Jacoby Jones return.
So says Pierra, but when rewinding the DVR the ball was released inside of the tackle box that fox drew up.

I wont rewatch the game for a while but if my memory serves me right i swear the were lined up on the right hashes and he released the ball at on the left hashes but meh im not sure.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

Yeah that's the one that was marginal, I couldn't find it. Should have been called. He was not OUTSIDE the tackle box.
Originally posted by 9erTilDeath:
5 total brutal, game altering calls made against us and still one perfect pass from winning the gm.

I feel sick after watching those gifs. Just sick. What are the odds of a 4th straight NFC title gm

The penalty on Rogers was justified. The idiot didn't have to push him.

It's sad about Andy Lee's non call. Really pathetic that officials don't actually know the rules of the game. The plant leg can't get hit, period. Too bad they're too stupid to know that.

Yeah that's the one that was marginal, I couldn't find it. Should have been called. He was not OUTSIDE the tackle box.

Even the graphic that they made to try and help protect the officials showed Wilson clearly in the tackle box. Pathetic.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
When are you sore losers going to stop blaming the refs? I guess Kap's 3 fourth quarter turnovers had nothing to do with the loss?
Actually, the Whitner hit is a perfectly acceptable call. Further, the Bowman non-call actually worked out better for S.F.
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Jan 22, 2014 at 6:19 AM ]

It was Maragos being held when he tried to make a play on Baldwin, the blocker CLEARLY had him held. It was exactly like the Jacoby Jones return.

speaking of returns - can an NFL kicker NOT put it in the back of the endzone? Im on the edge of my seat praying every time we kickoff to someone, hoping that its a touchback or we can stop them at/around the 20 yard line. Why does Baldwin even have the opportunity to get that kind of field position? I'm happy with letting any team take it from the 20 on us.
Jonydel gonna break down the game?
Share 49ersWebzone