LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 415 users in the forums

am i the only 1..?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 76Razor:
on the show, "the ultimate fighter" there is a sign that hangs above the locker room, and it reads, "DON'T LEAVE YOUR DESTINY IN THE HANDS OF THE OFFICIALS".

beat your opponent soundly. overcome their b******t calls and win outright. leave NO DOUBT that you were there best.

all this talk about officials is useless.

the brees penalty i understand, but you have to overcome that kind of s**t.

this x1000..../thread
Originally posted by kush:
Not to mention the 3-4 running plays where Lynch was stopped either a yard short of the 1st down marker, or not obviously past it, and like clockwork the refs gave him a 1st every time. I swear they marked the ball nearly two yards forward on one play. Disgusting.

I noticed that too.
Originally posted by HONEYBADGER:
(3) turnovers in the fourth quarter by Kapernick. That is the reason, and really the only reason why we lost. If Wilson had three T/O's in the fourth we would have won. You cannot do that in the NFC Championship and expect to win, anytime, ever, no matter who you are playing.

plain n simple ur correct..but think about this..if not for the screwed up calls n spots the 4th quarter would have been different all together..just saying..
i just think the refs are incompetent, period. With all these phantom flags they give out for PI's and late hits, something has to be done.

I really think the NFL should consider hiring FULL-TIME refs. The current system doesn't work. All of these refs have other jobs and they ref on the side. THE nfl needs to hire ppl full time and dedicated to uphold the integrity of the nfl. I suggested former coordinators or coaches that know the game inside and out to be refs. These guys eat, breathe, and sleep football since they were yay high. But the nfl is either too stupid or too cheap to do this.
I read an interesting stat on, I believe, PFT. The last 7 NFCCGs have been decided by one score. The article applauds this and purports that it's a testament to the NFCs strength. I'm not as optimistic. I think the league literally fixes games to maximize profits. If we were up 20-3 in the 3rd quarter of yesterday's game, casual fans and fans of other teams would've tuned out. That's a ton of revenue for the league to miss out on.

In addition, I am not just being a sore loser, I can't remember what week it was, but I distinctly remember one game this year where I felt the refs were giving us the win and i dont want that either.

Gotta love the WWnFl.
on the show, "the ultimate fighter" there is a sign that hangs above the locker room, and it reads, "DON'T LEAVE YOUR DESTINY IN THE HANDS OF THE OFFICIALS".

beat your opponent soundly. overcome their b******t calls and win outright. leave NO DOUBT that you were there best.

I agree with the mentality, but putting it in action is something completely different. I don't think any team in the league would've overcome some of the calls we had this year.
Originally posted by T-9ers:
Originally posted by kush:
Not to mention the 3-4 running plays where Lynch was stopped either a yard short of the 1st down marker, or not obviously past it, and like clockwork the refs gave him a 1st every time. I swear they marked the ball nearly two yards forward on one play. Disgusting.

I noticed that too.

Considering Russell Wilson sucks, those 3rd and shorts would have been runs up the middle to lynch and our D is as good as any in the league in those situations.
la michael james helmet being face-maked off.

not sure about the delay of game. replayed showed but ive seen them let that play on so many times
Originally posted by jersey49er:
ok i get the season is over and we can not do anything about it or could we have at the times..but am I the only 1 who thinks almost every week it felt like we were playing the refs too...im 28 years old a die hard 49er fan from nj and never have I seen so many horrible calls get called on us or calls not being made for us..there were atleast 3 critical calls in the nfc championship game vs seattle either made or not made..

1st..running into the punter that was an obvious roughing that would have kept our drive alive and not given seattle field position like they had I believe it led to a touchdown..

2nd the personal foul on rogers b4 the half that was bs that led to us taking a knee bc we were backed up..if not for that we would have had the ball with 2 timeouts and 30 seconds left on our 40..

3rd tho it didn't lead to any points I don't think that personal foul on whitner when he led with his shoulder and hit the receiver in the shoulder..

4th the great but horrible play bowman had forcing the fumble and recovering it where he got hurt..yes we got the ball back but not that it truly mattered it did run off an extra minute off the clock..would've meant no hurry up..kap n the team would have been more relaxed..

look I get we lost n im not putting all the blame on the officials but bad calls hurt us in major ways all season not just yesterday..for instance the hit on brees from brooks screwed us out of home field advantage..meaning we would have not played in seattle..

all that said this year was by far the worst officiating against us in 20 years I can remember watching the 49ers...things need to change..1st change I wish for is personal fouls being reviewed..things might have been different this year..

I agree with your four plays in question.

I even think Maragos intentionally rolled a little extra to hit Lee.

Apparently as soon as a ball is incomplete you must defy physics and stop what you are doing.

Another Whitner penalty that won't be fined because he didn't do what they said he did. If you get a personal foul penalty for hitting people, lose the helmets and pads and just play flag football.

Bowman's fumble recovery was probably one of the worst calls I have seen this year. It is right up there with Dan Skuta's penalty last week.

These errors look worse because we lost the game in the 2nd half. Kap stopped looking to run and decided he needed to force balls when he didn't need to. I hope he spends less time in the offseason on speed training and more on finding his 2nd and 3rd receivers. Davis was open on the final pass to Crabs. It wasn't a TD but we had plenty of time and 2 timeouts. This one is gonna sting a while.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:

I agree with the mentality, but putting it in action is something completely different. I don't think any team in the league would've overcome some of the calls we had this year.

Same here, I agree with the mentality and as the NFL is today, all you can do is try to overcome...

That being said, when are ppl gonna start making some noise and demanding a fair game. Browsing the MBs of teams across the league, fans are all saying the same thing (except at Carolina huddle lol they hate us). The league gave this game to Seattle. We all see the NFL is doing this s**t on a weekly basis, time to do something about it.

The question is what to do?

No one in the mainstream media will get even close to touching this, but that's no surprise, if the nfL were buttering my bread I'd turn a blind eye as well.

• BobS
  • Veteran
I cannot believe what I am reading. Every time the 49ers lose it seems 50% of the zone blames the refs. I guess I have to re watch the game, I didn't notice any officials causing fumbles or interceptions. Teams usually always win play-off games with 3 fourth quarter turnovers as long as the officiating is fair.
Well I guess with this rationale, all this talk about the hawks having no rings is null and void. They surely would have beaten the Steelers without the boguss calls/non calls in that game. Alright! Lets go and get that second ring! GOHAWKS!!
  • kem99
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jersey49er:
ok i get the season is over and we can not do anything about it or could we have at the times..but am I the only 1 who thinks almost every week it felt like we were playing the refs too...im 28 years old a die hard 49er fan from nj and never have I seen so many horrible calls get called on us or calls not being made for us..there were atleast 3 critical calls in the nfc championship game vs seattle either made or not made..

1st..running into the punter that was an obvious roughing that would have kept our drive alive and not given seattle field position like they had I believe it led to a touchdown..

2nd the personal foul on rogers b4 the half that was bs that led to us taking a knee bc we were backed up..if not for that we would have had the ball with 2 timeouts and 30 seconds left on our 40..

3rd tho it didn't lead to any points I don't think that personal foul on whitner when he led with his shoulder and hit the receiver in the shoulder..

4th the great but horrible play bowman had forcing the fumble and recovering it where he got hurt..yes we got the ball back but not that it truly mattered it did run off an extra minute off the clock..would've meant no hurry up..kap n the team would have been more relaxed..

look I get we lost n im not putting all the blame on the officials but bad calls hurt us in major ways all season not just yesterday..for instance the hit on brees from brooks screwed us out of home field advantage..meaning we would have not played in seattle..

all that said this year was by far the worst officiating against us in 20 years I can remember watching the 49ers...things need to change..1st change I wish for is personal fouls being reviewed..things might have been different this year..

I think it is safe to say that if that was an All-Star NFL crew, the league's officiating is in need of a major re-evaluation and overhaul. The truth is, however, that the officiating was terrible this year across the board and every team can point to instances where they got arguably got jobbed by the refs. No one remembers the borderline calls that went their way and you don't know what calls went against what teams other than the 49ers because you watched all the 49er games and care primarily about the 49ers.

It seems clear that the interpretation of the NFL Rulebook has gotten complicated enough that the refs either need to be full time and/or they need more help. It is one thing where there's a judgment call, it is another where the refs blow the rule, such as the roughing/running into the kicker call on Lee. At least for playoff games, there should be a mechanism whereby if the refs get a rule or rule interpretation just plain wrong, someone from the NFL can buzz the ref and at least have a discussion about the rule and its interpretation. I am sure the defensive players would also like to have a similar process in place for borderline hits, like the Whitner hit, that looked and sounded bad but may have been legal if the officials could have reviewed it on replay.
And by the way, anyone who thinks Wilson "sucks" is obviously very uneducated about football.
Every team has calls go for them and against them. Though we only seem to remember the ones that go against the team we root for because we're so invested in our team we have a narrow field of view when we feel we've been wronged.
Share 49ersWebzone