There are 94 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

am i the only 1..?

ok i get the season is over and we can not do anything about it or could we have at the times..but am I the only 1 who thinks almost every week it felt like we were playing the refs too...im 28 years old a die hard 49er fan from nj and never have I seen so many horrible calls get called on us or calls not being made for us..there were atleast 3 critical calls in the nfc championship game vs seattle either made or not made..

1st..running into the punter that was an obvious roughing that would have kept our drive alive and not given seattle field position like they had I believe it led to a touchdown..

2nd the personal foul on rogers b4 the half that was bs that led to us taking a knee bc we were backed up..if not for that we would have had the ball with 2 timeouts and 30 seconds left on our 40..

3rd tho it didn't lead to any points I don't think that personal foul on whitner when he led with his shoulder and hit the receiver in the shoulder..

4th the great but horrible play bowman had forcing the fumble and recovering it where he got hurt..yes we got the ball back but not that it truly mattered it did run off an extra minute off the clock..would've meant no hurry up..kap n the team would have been more relaxed..

look I get we lost n im not putting all the blame on the officials but bad calls hurt us in major ways all season not just yesterday..for instance the hit on brees from brooks screwed us out of home field advantage..meaning we would have not played in seattle..

all that said this year was by far the worst officiating against us in 20 years I can remember watching the 49ers...things need to change..1st change I wish for is personal fouls being reviewed..things might have been different this year..
[ Edited by jersey49er on Jan 20, 2014 at 11:10 AM ]
we did get screwed by the refs all season long. none bigger than the hit on Brees though. That call doesnt get made and the championship game would be at the 'Stick instead of CLink
We could have won that game.

With that said, I often felt this year that we were playing against the officials too. Definitely more this year than others.
Harbaugh's rants, even though I LOVE THEM for the lulz, seem to have a role in refs giving us the blind eye.
Harbros might rub them the wrong way and have them conspire against us , who knows.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Harbaugh's rants, even though I LOVE THEM for the lulz, seem to have a role in refs giving us the blind eye.
Harbros might rub them the wrong way and have them conspire against us , who knows.

Harbaugh's rants are usually 100% correct. It's pretty sad when the coach has to explain the rules to the refs!!
on the show, "the ultimate fighter" there is a sign that hangs above the locker room, and it reads, "DON'T LEAVE YOUR DESTINY IN THE HANDS OF THE OFFICIALS".

beat your opponent soundly. overcome their b******t calls and win outright. leave NO DOUBT that you were there best.

all this talk about officials is useless.

the brees penalty i understand, but you have to overcome that kind of s**t.
  • kush
  • Veteran
Not to mention the 3-4 running plays where Lynch was stopped either a yard short of the 1st down marker, or not obviously past it, and like clockwork the refs gave him a 1st every time. I swear they marked the ball nearly two yards forward on one play. Disgusting.
Originally posted by 76Razor:
on the show, "the ultimate fighter" there is a sign that hangs above the locker room, and it reads, "DON'T LEAVE YOUR DESTINY IN THE HANDS OF THE OFFICIALS".

beat your opponent soundly. overcome their b******t calls and win outright. leave NO DOUBT that you were there best.

I agree 100% but it wasn't just 1 call..its hard to win in the league regardless but when u have to overcome horrible calls over and over again..just saying this season was horrible officiating all around the league but mostly towards us..
  • NeKro
The refs make some terrible call on us this game and the regular season. The marking of the ball was also bad it seemed they always gave them the benefit of the doubt and gave them the 1st down.
hate blaming s**t on the refs but i swear were always playing against the opponent and the damn refs, that brees call was the lowest of lows. all season every whitner hit was 15 yds penalty only to hear the next week it was legal and yet whitner wasnt fined all yr.

I have to agree with this, despite the fact that the refs helped the 49ers get down, the 49ers had a chance to win the game anyway. Kaep didn't need to make that last throw, nor the one on the previous Int.
Originally posted by kush:
Not to mention the 3-4 running plays where Lynch was stopped either a yard short of the 1st down marker, or not obviously past it, and like clockwork the refs gave him a 1st every time. I swear they marked the ball nearly two yards forward on one play. Disgusting.

Yeah, they got some friendly ass spots.
Originally posted by jersey49er:

I agree 100% but it wasn't just 1 call..its hard to win in the league regardless but when u have to overcome horrible calls over and over again..just saying this season was horrible officiating all around the league but mostly towards us..

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
hate blaming s**t on the refs but i swear were always playing against the opponent and the damn refs, that brees call was the lowest of lows. all season every whitner hit was 15 yds penalty only to hear the next week it was legal and yet whitner wasnt fined all yr.

i agree with what fred says here. the inconsistency of officiating can be b***hed at fully, but to say that our games should have been one if not for bad calls, is not something i agree with. overcome the bad calls. we overcame a couple of them yesterday.
(3) turnovers in the fourth quarter by Kapernick. That is the reason, and really the only reason why we lost. If Wilson had three T/O's in the fourth we would have won. You cannot do that in the NFC Championship and expect to win, anytime, ever, no matter who you are playing.
like I said im from nj so all my friends n family are not niner fans just me and my father and every1 has said it to me..EVERY1..its not just us bc our team lost..