There are 534 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How do you deal with football heartbreak? (The Keep It Real Edition)

I tell myself at the beginning of the year that we have a 1 in 32 chance of winning it all.

Sooo... can't be mad making it to the final four.

I also always remember how godawful we were with Erickson, Nolan, & Singletary at the helm. Then Sunday's loss doesn't seem so bad at all.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
What cheers me up is that by the beginning of next month, the Seahawks will be 0-2 in the Superbowl. This happens, their fanbase/bandwagon falls apart (it's fragile), cause unlike the 49ers, Seattle goes home with nothing to fall back on. No memories to make it better, no past trophies in the case, no Huey Lewis & the News.

49ers have now had 15 Championship appearances (tied with the Steelers), 6 Halas trophies, 5 Lombardi trophies, and we're also tied with the Steelers for most home playoff wins in the Superbowl era.

3 straight NFC Championship appearances, I don't even know what to be sad about anymore.

That's a pretty good way to look at it...sure you can dwell on the fact the Niners have ended the past 3 seasons in absolute gut-wrenching fashion, but then again, you could be a Browns or [insert long-suffering bad team] fan. And I REALLY do hope Seattle loses.

I was still feeling a little sorry for myself Monday night, and since I'm now on my kick of no football-related media AT ALL, after helped kids with homework, everyone to bed, etc., instead of usual sitting down to watch NFLN or ESPN, just started flipping around and came across "Independent Lens" on PBS, a show where they feature films/docs from small/indy filmmakers. Anyway, it was "Blood Brother", docu about this 20-something American "kid" who ends up living in India with and caring for HIV-infected orphans...from the cinematography to the story itself, it was amazing. Not to wax too philosophical about it, and I realize there's hurt and suffering everywhere, but to see what this dude, and especially those kids have to endure, it really made me feel pretty stupid still pouting about my football team losing. That's not to say people shouldn't feel some pain when their teams lose, but just one of those reminders for me to keep some perspective.
It was really weird to me, but I really didn't feel that bad after this loss after the Bowman injury. I just couldn't see the team in the Super Bowl without their best defensive player all year.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
I tell myself at the beginning of the year that we have a 1 in 32 chance of winning it all.

Sooo... can't be mad making it to the final four.

I also always remember how godawful we were with Erickson, Nolan, & Singletary at the helm. Then Sunday's loss doesn't seem so bad at all.

Yes. You can save yourself a lot of grief by having that attitude lol. Winning the SB is HARD. The best team often doesn't win it. As a fan, just be grateful when your team is in contention every year. Can't ask much more than that.
Nothing gets you over a loss with the quickness than getting spared from the latest rounds of layoffs at work.
What cheers me up is that by the beginning of next month, the Seahawks will be 0-2 in the Superbowl. This happens, their fanbase/bandwagon falls apart (it's fragile), cause unlike the 49ers, Seattle goes home with nothing to fall back on. No memories to make it better, no past trophies in the case, no Huey Lewis & the News.

49ers have now had 15 Championship appearances (tied with the Steelers), 6 Halas trophies, 5 Lombardi trophies, and we're also tied with the Steelers for most home playoff wins in the Superbowl era.

3 straight NFC Championship appearances, I don't even know what to be sad about anymore.

Yeah i'm over the sadness of the loss. I'm just angry and SEA fans and Sherman. I can't wait for them to come to our stadium next year. They wanted a war, and picked the wrong team to go to war with.
Yea, I'm officially over it too. Just annoying there's 1 more game to be played.

The Draft Thread is where the excitement is!
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Yeah i'm over the sadness of the loss. I'm just angry and SEA fans and Sherman. I can't wait for them to come to our stadium next year. They wanted a war, and picked the wrong team to go to war with.

That's right. They will wish they never disrespected us. Harbaugh is on a mission. He will make sure that the offense is explosive as f**k next year. We will win the Superbowl next year.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

That's right. They will wish they never disrespected us. Harbaugh is on a mission. He will make sure that the offense is explosive as f**k next year. We will win the Superbowl next year.

YEAH

f**k Sea you pill poppin, ticket withholding, s**t talking, Sperman enabling, cheating coach endorsing, popcorn throwing pieces of bird s**t.

BRING IT!
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

YEAH

f**k Sea you pill poppin, ticket withholding, s**t talking, Sperman enabling, cheating coach endorsing, popcorn throwing pieces of bird s**t.

BRING IT!

Yeah.. what you said! f**k those cheating classless fools.
Work out, play with my kids,don't listen to sports radio, but just knowing that our teams window is wide open and is only gonna get better each year gets me over it the last three years have made me forget about the 2003-2011 season which were awful.. plus knowing your team was the better team that lost only because of human error(refs horrible calls) and not by the other team being that much better makes it feel better.. plus I just saved tons of money on my car insurance.
Did we give a s**t about Charger or Bronco or Bengal fans when we whooped their asses in the SB? Do we even stop and pray for the heart break Cardinal or Panther or Packer fans endured after we whooped their asses?

What comes around goes around fellas!

Suck it up!!
As the Super Bowl approaches us it's only getting harder knowing what could of been. I haven't even watched ESPN NFL Network or listened to any sports talk radio since we lost
I just go on with life as usual, it's just a game and I can't speak for anyone else, but I have more important things to do with myself than obsess over what might have been.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
As the Super Bowl approaches us it's only getting harder knowing what could of been. I haven't even watched ESPN NFL Network or listened to any sports talk radio since we lost

Same here. Normally I can even if the 49ers don't make, i.e. When we lost to the Giants. But what I ccan't take is the media protecting Sherman's irrational antics and showering him with praise, saying more players need to speak their mind. F' that, if my kids saw that (which I don't have any), I'd be passed. The very first thing they teach you in football is sportsmanship and respect for the game. How Sherman acted sickens me.