There are 127 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How do you deal with football heartbreak? (The Keep It Real Edition)

Last year I looked forward to the Probowl and rooted against you guys in the SB. I expect the same. It's a lot easier to root for Manning than it is to root for Fluke-O or Brady. But at the same time last year we made it a lot farther than expected from pre-season. Our offense looked lights out and our defense just didn't come through in the final 30 seconds. Your defense was good as usual BUT offense definitely looked to take a step back. I don't know the Niners that well (obviously), but I assume you don't have any big free agents or salary cap issues this year? and on the same note...it's been like 20 years since a SB loser made it back to the SB the next year. The numbers were not in your favor. And win or lose it won't be in the Seahawks favor next year either.
[ Edited by zaghawk on Jan 20, 2014 at 11:54 AM ]
I can say the whole it's just a game sentiment does nothing for me. But I'm usually over a tough loss after a few days. Around this time I'll turn most of my attention to the Warriors. That was a lot harder to before 2007 though because they sucked so bad.
[ Edited by Hopper on Jan 20, 2014 at 11:57 AM ]
Just had a hot tub...that helped

Take P.Willis advice and eat some ice cream

Then go see the eagles show next week
[ Edited by highway49 on Jan 20, 2014 at 12:27 PM ]
Takes me a few days, I'll usually lie in bed thinking about how things could have been done differently. Three seasons in a row...it hurts.

I'll pretty much stay away from any national football-related coverage in the off-season, other than on actual draft nights. Start watching again when preseason rolls around.
It use to bother me for at least 1 week or so. Then I dont watch ESPN and sports shows for a week. But now with a family, I let out everything on that day of the lost but move on the next day.
This is not a heartbreak, it is what it is.....The Sun has shined on the BEACH VULTURES ass this year and that's as they say is that. I will be watching the Super bowl and pulling for the Bronco's as I am very, very pissed at the people who threw s**t at Navarro when he was carted off of the field .....No class Motherless-f--ks . I will be waiting for the outcome of the game and if the Vultures lose that will mean they are 0 and 2 and right there in the record books with the Bengal's and Eagles. If they lose and I travel up North to the Pacific Northwest, which I do all of the time to go Salmon fishing, I will be wearing my 9er stuff and the first Seahawk fan I run into I will throw a sandwich at them and piss on their shoe...........then my season will be over. I wish Navarro a successful recovery and hope this makes him even better, if that is possible, as he deserves the very best IMHO.
I feel for the players, they push themselves every year, they pushed themselves to a limit they had never seen before, the way this season unfolded anybody (even outside of the fanbase) could see it was special, really seems like it was almost 'meant to be', but the ending fate proved otherwise.
Tough way to end a great season. So close there at the end when Kap marched the team downfield and had them 5 inches from going to the SB again. I don't take things that I cannot control too seriously. If Sherman wants to conduct himself like that and reflect poorly on his team and that city, so be it. Not everyone is worthy of respect.

See you all next season.
Hey fellow Niner fans,

Yesterday was quite the heartbreaker. I wrote this piece about it over at http://www.ninersnation.com/2014/1/19/5326242/thoughts-from-a-dark-room and would appreciate it if you took a look. Any comments, shares, or rec's are greatly appreciated.

Go 49ers!

Ben
I bury myself in other hobbies, and look forward to baseball season.
Enjoy the day
I drink a lot the day of the loss
Then I listen to all the could of beens and the what ifs
I get extremely quiet (which is a rarity in itself if you know me)
I want to be alone
Never rewatch that loss
2-3 days I'm ok
Never forget it but I move one
And invest myself deeper in the team and it's offseason activities
Devote myself more to the current sports (hockey- kings, basketball-lakers, baseball-dodgers)
And then the roller coaster ride resumes
I put all my projects on hold for the last couple days before this game. The way it ended was horrible. Watching a replay of the pass, I have no idea what Kaepernick was thinking. Sherman was in a better position to catch the ball than Crabtree. He had his arm up higher than Crabtree's and the ball landed in Sherman's outstretched hand. It wasn't even close...Crabtree was underneath Sherman's arm, didn't even jump up for it.

I feel pretty ill today. We easily could have won this game. I can't stop shaking my head...and as my now-merged post "Kaepernick Was Passing to Crabtree on Last Play No Matter What" last night helped some of us make sense of the play. Kaepernick admitted in an interview with Tim Kawakami that he had decided he was throwing to Crabtree and ignored all his other options on the field. It was a poor decision and poor throw by Kaepernick.

And then Sherman's behavior has made me even angrier. I hope he never wins squat but lately football feels like Game of Thrones. The good guys keep losing and the villains win.
I'm done with football this season. Not even watching the SB.
Originally posted by AutographDynasty:
Takes me a few days, I'll usually lie in bed thinking about how things could have been done differently. Three seasons in a row...it hurts.

I'll pretty much stay away from any national football-related coverage in the off-season, other than on actual draft nights. Start watching again when preseason rolls around.

yup... i guess we r used to it after three seasons lol...but theres no reason we shouldn't be optimistic for the future...def got a few years left in this window no doubt