There are 80 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How do you deal with football heartbreak? (The Keep It Real Edition)

Originally posted by strikeforce1127:
I deal with it by realizing the following: Anything that could ever happen, happens in some parallel universe (many worlds theory)

there are BILLIONS of parallel universes where the 49ers beat the Seahawks in the NFC Championship game 2 weeks ago and went on to win Super Bowl 48 In some of those parallel universes,the 49ers beat the Seahawks 62-7 in the NFC Championship game 2 weeks ago.

There are BILLIONS of parallel universes where the 49ers won Super Bowl 47 .

Heck,there are some parallel universes where the 49ers won every Super Bowl/league championship since 1946.

There are also parallel universes where the Seahawks won 4 games COMBINED between 2003 and 2023. In those parallel universes,the Seahawks won 0 super bowls ever.

So stop thinking about our universe and think about the above universes.Because they are as real as our universe.

Proof:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Many-worlds_interpretation
http://listverse.com/2013/02/22/10-mind-bending-implications-of-the-many-worlds-theory/
http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/10/20/us-science-cern-idUSTRE69J35X20101020

Originally posted by Psinex:
Right now I feel so disgusted with how the last three years have turned out culminating with the most vile thing imaginable. No Super Bowl titles to show for everything and now one by the some of the most classless douchebags in the history of the NFL. This all seems like the some kind of sick joke. Also losing Bowman may be the reason why next season is a letdown year.

The bad guys won. And all I see is darkness ahead. Isn't it ironic that Game of Thrones is about to start up again. The most despicable characters live ie. Lannisters while the honorable ones suffer and die ie. the Starks. There is no justice in this world.
get a grip!
there is justice coming, sure as winter, in both worlds
So says Ned, Robb and Catelyn from the afterlife.
I deal with it by realizing the following: Anything that could ever happen, happens in some parallel universe (many worlds theory)

there are BILLIONS of parallel universes where the 49ers beat the Seahawks in the NFC Championship game 2 weeks ago and went on to win Super Bowl 48 In some of those parallel universes,the 49ers beat the Seahawks 62-7 in the NFC Championship game 2 weeks ago.

Heck,there are some parallel universes where the 49ers won every Super Bowl/league championship since 1946.

There are also parallel universes where the Seahawks won 4 games COMBINED between 2003 and 2023. In those parallel universes,the Seahawks won 0 super bowls ever.

So stop thinking about our universe and think about the above universes.Because they are as real as our universe.

Proof:

http://listverse.com/2013/02/22/10-mind-bending-implications-of-the-many-worlds-theory/

what the fug? this is the weirdest shiz I've ever seen on website.
Originally posted by RollinDownRodeo:

Proof:

what the fug? this is the weirdest shiz I've ever seen on website.

s**t's deep
I have a SB or bust mentality having been used to the 9ers make the playoffs most of my life. Not long into the 2011 season I remember thinking this team was a legit SB contender after being 4-1 and I felt they should have beat the Cowboys. When going to the playoffs, I felt they were the best team and only had to deal with NO and GB. I knew the Giants were hot, but we still should have won it all. This is how I felt after each loss the last 3 years:

2011- "We were the best team in the league." Took a bit to get over considering how we lost. Counted down to the next SB.
2012-"We were robbed after coming out flat." Angry for about a week. Knew we had injuries. Counted down to the NFCCG.
2013-"We came up short again?" Got over it quick. I didn't feel robbed by the refs or blame one player. I honestly thought it was the best games I had seen, and was relieved we did not get blown out. I'm not happy we lost, but Seattle was a great team this year.

Instead of SB or bust, I'm looking forward to more things this year. Who we draft this April, the debut of Lattimore and Tank plus the rest of the 2013 draft class, can this defense get better than Seattle, and if Kap can develop to make us contenders for a decade. I'm a Met fan, so I'm used to thinking our window has closed. We're still one of the best teams in the league, so I'll enjoy it while it lasts.
It's been 19 years since the Niners won a Super Bowl. So not winning a championship after getting so close the past 3 yrs hurts. Who knows how much longer our so called championship window will last.
It scary to think how long it took our front office and/ or coaching staff to realize Kyle Williams wasn't any good and should be cut.
a good cry...
I was pissed when we lost to seattle for a few days. then I just pretended football was over. No ESPN, no NFLN, didn't even watch a single play of the SB or any highlights. So it's like it never happened to me. Just started watching NFLN again this week because of the combine. Still haven't seen a single play from the SB. Don't curr.
oxycodone and sex. But this year I am actually down with it. The kids are Hags fans and part of me actually enjoyed my son being really, really happy. He knows how bad I was hurting from it and was pretty respectful.

but I know that little turd is on Facebook STILL dogging the Niners. That was his last fricking Super Bowl grace period. From now on CHOKEHAWKS.
[ Edited by Rathmanator on Feb 20, 2014 at 6:50 PM ]
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
I was pissed when we lost to seattle for a few days. then I just pretended football was over. No ESPN, no NFLN, didn't even watch a single play of the SB or any highlights. So it's like it never happened to me. Just started watching NFLN again this week because of the combine. Still haven't seen a single play from the SB. Don't curr.

Imagine your entire family high fiving and screaming in Joy as Sherman tipped that pass. Ignoring you as you returned home from the game, wanting to kick a dog, a kitten, even a baby panda. The room goes quiet after I could hear everyone else celebrating as I walked into my own home.

Then imagine watching the Super Bowl. I did this and my house was full of Hags fans. It has to be like being a POW in WW2.
still cant watch the f*cking game or highlights still saved on my dvr , might just delete that goddamn game like I did the superbowl
I wear the heartbreak as a badge of honor. We wouldn't be heartbroken if we didn't have a great season . . . errrr . . . three seasons. Heartbreak is part of the deal when you compete at the highest levels year after year.
Originally posted by Rathmanator:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Imagine your entire family high fiving and screaming in Joy as Sherman tipped that pass. Ignoring you as you returned home from the game, wanting to kick a dog, a kitten, even a baby panda. The room goes quiet after I could hear everyone else celebrating as I walked into my own home.

Then imagine watching the Super Bowl. I did this and my house was full of Hags fans. It has to be like being a POW in WW2.
I don't have that problem. My whole family knows I'm a Niners diehard and I am raising my kids that way. My son better be a Niners fan while he eating my food and sleeping in my home. When he is out IDGAF but while he is here... and I don't talk mess with other fans family or not because I don't want them rubbing a loss in my face and because I don't tolerate it from them. My family knows me better than anyone else and they know not to test me and out of respect and as to not to be a hypocrite I don't test them. We may exchange words but we know when to tone it down and they know when to shut up especially after a game like the NFCCG! If you are a hater so be it but don't come barking in my face unless you want to be bitten! Good your son understands that because Hawks fan or not he came about from your seed and he must never forget to respect Pop! A Niners fan created him and their team is in many ways a replica of the Niners.
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Feb 21, 2014 at 7:01 AM ]