There are 194 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How do you deal with football heartbreak? (The Keep It Real Edition)

Waiting for SEA fans to come in and talk smack to them......
It does hurt, we may not have gotten all the breaks ( pick 6, return for td) but I think we stomp that same bronco team. The super bowl was the NFC championship game.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Waiting for SEA fans to come in and talk smack to them......

Don't do it bro, they can be undercover cops!
Right now I feel so disgusted with how the last three years have turned out culminating with the most vile thing imaginable. No Super Bowl titles to show for everything and now one by the some of the most classless douchebags in the history of the NFL. This all seems like the some kind of sick joke. Also losing Bowman may be the reason why next season is a letdown year.

The bad guys won. And all I see is darkness ahead. Isn't it ironic that Game of Thrones is about to start up again. The most despicable characters live ie. Lannisters while the honorable ones suffer and die ie. the Starks. There is no justice in this world.
Originally posted by Psinex:
Right now I feel so disgusted with how the last three years have turned out culminating with the most vile thing imaginable. No Super Bowl titles to show for everything and now one by the some of the most classless douchebags in the history of the NFL. This all seems like the some kind of sick joke. Also losing Bowman may be the reason why next season is a letdown year.

The bad guys won. And all I see is darkness ahead. Isn't it ironic that Game of Thrones is about to start up again. The most despicable characters live ie. Lannisters while the honorable ones suffer and die ie. the Starks. There is no justice in this world.

I totally agree,
The bad guys won, but don't forget this guys were lucky all year long, most of their turnovers were just ridiculous. Plus they have a real game manager as qb, I mean Wilson was able to win a playoff game throwing less than 110 yrds, that's pretty lucky if u ask me.

Best wishes for bowman.
Originally posted by fly15:

I totally agree,
The bad guys won, but don't forget this guys were lucky all year long, most of their turnovers were just ridiculous. Plus they have a real game manager as qb, I mean Wilson was able to win a playoff game throwing less than 110 yrds, that's pretty lucky if u ask me.

Best wishes for bowman.

Yep.

And some here are OK with winning the consolation prize ....
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by fly15:

I totally agree,

Best wishes for bowman.

Yep.

And some here are OK with winning the consolation prize ....

I think it really all depends on you perspective. If the only sport you watch is football, then sure...I can see how you would feel like the "bad guys won".

However, Superbowls are a yearly thing, and sometimes it's just a team's year. I can care less if the Seahawks snuck in to get 1 trophy.

They're not going to get 1st seed every year.
Getting so close and not getting a 6 hurts. The only good thing is I have to endure just a few months of hearing about the SB winner in the media. then around June and July, they all start at 0-0. So f**k the Giants from 2011, f**k the Ravens from 2012, and f**k the SheCocks from 2013. Lets reload for 2014 !!!

C'mon Kaep!! He gave us a couple of heart aches, but he also has the talent to make it right too. Make it right Kaep !!!!
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Feb 3, 2014 at 7:41 AM ]
If football gets you so damned depressed maybe you should look to add something more to your life. Sure it sucks when the game doesn't live up to your expectations, that's no reason to go all Robert Smith emo. Man up...move on.
I aint gonna even lie these past 2 weeks have been a drag ive been avoiding ANYTHING sports coverage besides the zone, & DID NOT want anything to do with the Super Bowl but yet i found myself here n there checking up on the game while i clean around the house & after the game was over my boy called me to tell me how bad the Cawks beat the down the Donkey's i was damn that could of been us beating the living day light out of em'.

These past 3 offseason's have been LONG & hurtful with alot of what if's that go through my head & it seems like it takes forever to start the new season unlike other years whenour season was done by week 7 or 8 i was used to it but being so close these past 3 years & no Cigar it freaking hurts & it wont stop hurting till we win another Super Bowl

FML

I simply cannot see the Seattle Seahawks as "the bad guys." This is the real world. They've got some very annoying players on their team and some very annoying fans. But it's not like every Seahawk player or fan is a "bad guy." What they are is the better team right now. But, I take solace in knowing that most of the NFL now understands that the Niners are the second best team in the NFL. And, I think it's a pretty close second. The Niners beat this championship team in SF and came within a play of beating them in Seattle. Unlike the vast majority of teams in this league, the Niners are actually close and able to beat this team and that's saying something. The Broncos are possibly the fourth or fifth best team in the league. I would put the Niners, Panthers and Saints ahead of them.

So, I deal with the disappointment (it's not heartbreak to me) by knowing that the Niners are close, they've got a lot of picks, they know what they need, they've got most of their key players under contract, they've got a tremendous athlete at QB who is still in the process of improving and has a high ceiling, and they've got a great head coach and a good owner. As an added bonus, they're going into the year of the 49th Super Bowl with a new state of the art stadium. I'm optimistic about next year.
I deal with it by realizing the following: Anything that could ever happen, happens in some parallel universe (many worlds theory)

there are BILLIONS of parallel universes where the 49ers beat the Seahawks in the NFC Championship game 2 weeks ago and went on to win Super Bowl 48 In some of those parallel universes,the 49ers beat the Seahawks 62-7 in the NFC Championship game 2 weeks ago.

There are BILLIONS of parallel universes where the 49ers won Super Bowl 47 .

Heck,there are some parallel universes where the 49ers won every Super Bowl/league championship since 1946.

There are also parallel universes where the Seahawks won 4 games COMBINED between 2003 and 2023. In those parallel universes,the Seahawks won 0 super bowls ever.

So stop thinking about our universe and think about the above universes.Because they are as real as our universe.

Proof:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Many-worlds_interpretation
http://listverse.com/2013/02/22/10-mind-bending-implications-of-the-many-worlds-theory/
http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/10/20/us-science-cern-idUSTRE69J35X20101020
[ Edited by strikeforce1127 on Feb 3, 2014 at 10:16 AM ]
Originally posted by crake49:
I simply cannot see the Seattle Seahawks as "the bad guys." This is the real world. They've got some very annoying players on their team and some very annoying fans. But it's not like every Seahawk player or fan is a "bad guy." What they are is the better team right now. But, I take solace in knowing that most of the NFL now understands that the Niners are the second best team in the NFL. And, I think it's a pretty close second. The Niners beat this championship team in SF and came within a play of beating them in Seattle. Unlike the vast majority of teams in this league, the Niners are actually close and able to beat this team and that's saying something. The Broncos are possibly the fourth or fifth best team in the league. I would put the Niners, Panthers and Saints ahead of them.

So, I deal with the disappointment (it's not heartbreak to me) by knowing that the Niners are close, they've got a lot of picks, they know what they need, they've got most of their key players under contract, they've got a tremendous athlete at QB who is still in the process of improving and has a high ceiling, and they've got a great head coach and a good owner. As an added bonus, they're going into the year of the 49th Super Bowl with a new state of the art stadium. I'm optimistic about next year.

I don not think they are better, we shoulda beat them, we had our chance, but the pass fell short. They got the benefit of a couple of bad calls and we gave them the ball three times and we still had a chance at the end of the game. We are better than them on offense, they have a better secondary...but not by much. We were a blown call against the saints from having homefield. They are not a better team, they got the breaks.
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
The older you get the more disappointments you've had, so you adapt better. However, the scars remain.

That reminds me of Pacino's speech in On Any Given Sunday. "Getting older is all about having things taken away from you." (or something like that)

This!
Member Milestone: This is post number 200 for GreenReaperTT.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
I don not think they are better, we shoulda beat them, we had our chance, but the pass fell short. They got the benefit of a couple of bad calls and we gave them the ball three times and we still had a chance at the end of the game. We are better than them on offense, they have a better secondary...but not by much. We were a blown call against the saints from having homefield. They are not a better team, they got the breaks.

this