LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 269 users in the forums

Having Patience... Lessons learned from John Harbaugh & Joe Flacco

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by sfout:
You know what they did that you didn't mention and Jim needs to copy from his brother?

Fire his offensive coordinator.....

cant believe you're actually serious. such a ridiculous idea
[ Edited by defenderDX on Jan 24, 2014 at 7:21 PM ]
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by Beeker:
Originally posted by Thechamp2987:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
First of all, let's the Seahawks go about their business. If they win one, s**t happens. They aren't our first rival and they won't be our last. The Packers won a Super Bowl in 2010... whoop de doo.

Second, those regular season wins make my fall/winter much less depressing than say... watching Jim Hostler or Jimmy Raye attempt to grow a brain every Sunday.

Seriously man, have some perspective.
True, but the Packers aren't in our division and they didn't beat the 9ers in the conference game to get the Superbowl. But, I know I am whining over split milk. Hopefully kap can learn how to quarterback and the team should be in contention for some time. Perspective coming into focus...slowly.

Perspective ....

Jim Harbaugh -
49ers overall record for 3 years: 41-14, 3 playoff berths (.759 winning percentage)
I'll take that over the previous 8 years....
46-72, zero playoff berths (.389 winning percentage)

for real, i went threw too many broken house hold items from 2003-2010. thats how i know this harbaugh stretch aint even close to that.

Too many lost Sundays in LA sports bars... very depressed and very drunk... the only 49er fan in the bar... oh did Mo Hicks just fumble again?
Originally posted by kap2crab:
Who cares what his offense is based on? He gets results everywhere he's been. He's 3 officiating gaffes (Bradshaw fumble, Jimmy Smith hold OR calling when Bruce Miller got blocked in back on Jacoby Jones' TD return, and Maragos roughing Lee) from having 3 count 'em THREE Super Bowl appearances in his first THREE years after inheriting a 6-10 team and at least one but up to 3 super bowl wins as well. I don't care if he took the Waterboy strategy of just kneeling every play. If he gets these kinds of results and we've been pretty clearly the best team in football not just cumulatively since he took over, but also each of the 3 seasons individually, then keep doing what you're doing.

Never place your destiny in the hands of the official. Win by your own will.....Somebody posted that quote from one of the UFC training rooms in this or another thread and while cheesy it is blatantly true. If we were truly the better team on the field that day there wouldn't be a question of who should/shouldn't win or an opportunity for the refs to screw it up....

Sorry but this team is handicapped whether you want to admit it or not.

We have NOT been the best team in football for 3 years. In 2011 we were because we caught the league offguard, in 2012. 2012 we were still top 5 but saying we were better than the 2012 Falcons, Broncos, or Patriots is laughable, playoff success from Kaepernick propelled us to the SB. Then this year we were easily behind Denver and Seattle.

We've been the most consistent team in football for 3 years because everybody knows we have an elite D and an offense that can get it done but not crush a team unless EVERYTHING goes our way.

I don't care if we caught the league off guard in 2011, we were still the best team. What the Giants were better because Ginn wasn't available to return punts or the refs called forward progress on Bradshaw? In 2012 we beat the Falcons in their house fair and square with our MVP playing with one arm. Yet the Falcons were better? The Broncos and Pats both lost home playoff games. Not better. This year Denver and Seattle are easily better? We just outplayed Seattle in their house when it should have been in our house, we win that game if the correct call is made against Maragos, plus they were incredibly healthy as Harvin was really their only relevant player that was injured as opposed to us with Manningham, Culliver, Miller, Gore, Bowman, Iupati, etc. Not to mention no one on our team had a trace of dirty piss. We were easily better than Seattle. Denver is a weak overall team. They got a dynamic passing game depending on weather. But their running game and especially their defense is nothing to write home about. We are easily the best, most complete team, and have been each of the last 3 years. Unfortunately the best team doesn't always win and that's sucked for us. But we've been the best.
Never place your destiny in the hands of the official. Win by your own will.....Somebody posted that quote from one of the UFC training rooms in this or another thread and while cheesy it is blatantly true. If we were truly the better team on the field that day there wouldn't be a question of who should/shouldn't win or an opportunity for the refs to screw it up....

Sorry but this team is handicapped whether you want to admit it or not.

We have NOT been the best team in football for 3 years. In 2011 we were because we caught the league offguard, in 2012. 2012 we were still top 5 but saying we were better than the 2012 Falcons, Broncos, or Patriots is laughable, playoff success from Kaepernick propelled us to the SB. Then this year we were easily behind Denver and Seattle.

We've been the most consistent team in football for 3 years because everybody knows we have an elite D and an offense that can get it done but not crush a team unless EVERYTHING goes our way.

Agreed, but, 3 flawed calls earlier in the game against the Seahawks changes the play calling & puts more pressure on the offense, especially Kap. So, everybody saying that the refs didn't decide the outcome of this game & the Super Bowl last year, I don't buy that.
Look for another mid round qb while we are patient with Kaep. Competition and a better backup than McCoy, whom I have no faith.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Look for another mid round qb while we are patient with Kaep. Competition and a better backup than McCoy, whom I have no faith.

Good luck. There is no such thing as "competition" for Kaep, his skill is just extremely extraordinary.

But for the backup spot, sure!
Originally posted by verb1der:

Good luck. There is no such thing as "competition" for Kaep, his skill is just extremely extraordinary.

I like your homerism for our starting qb

Lol. If you really did try and look for a mid round QB in the draft that even comes close to a Kaepernick, I'd be really surprised.

Lol. If you really did try and look for a mid round QB in the draft that even comes close to a Kaepernick, I'd be really surprised.

Will be tough to find a qb with Kaep's physical talent in the mid round again certainly. I was thinking a more traditional qb that plays under center with mobility. Those aren't uncommon.

Will be tough to find a qb with Kaep's physical talent in the mid round again certainly. I was thinking a more traditional qb that plays under center with mobility. Those aren't uncommon.

Dude get with the times man, those type of QBs are nearly extinct! We had that previously, but it didn't work.
[ Edited by verb1der on Jan 25, 2014 at 9:16 AM ]

Dude get with the times man, those type of QBs are nearly extinct! We had that previously, but it didn't work.

Russell Wilson has been under center since college before he got to the NFL. He's in the SB. He's a 3rd round pick.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jan 25, 2014 at 9:38 AM ]

Russell Wilson has been under center since college before he got to the NFL. He's in the SB.

That further proves my point, his slippery mobility is a huge part of his game! Helped them get that 1st seed. Plus there aren't too many Wilson's in the draft either.

Russell Wilson has been under center since college before he got to the NFL. He's in the SB.

That further proves my point, his slippery mobility is a huge part of his game! Helped them get that 1st seed. Plus there aren't too many Wilson's in the draft either.

And he needs to know how to play under center also. Can't be on 1 done and run.

And you are right about Wilson, midgets don't come into the NFL very often.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jan 25, 2014 at 9:49 AM ]

And he needs to know how to play under center also.

Kaep has had success playing under center. His strength is just more in the gun.

Legends like Brady, Manning and even Rothilisberger plays from the gun and they have 6 rings between them.

Maybe it's just your preference.
And he needs to know how to play under center also. Can't be on 1 done and run.

And you are right about Wilson, midgets don't come into the NFL very often.

Share 49ersWebzone