LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

Having Patience... Lessons learned from John Harbaugh & Joe Flacco

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Bold prediction: Levis Stadium will host a Championship win in its first year.

I'm booking us to go all the way next season, with all the bad-ass perks, 14-2 record, Bowman DPOY, and Kap All-Pro.

This is why I smile every time I see one of Snake's posts. He thinks like me.

13-3, home field, and I get to see our 49ers win #6 here in Phoenix.

Yes, please.

Also, I can think of about 29 other teams that WISH they had it as good as the 49ers do. My wife and her family are all lifelong Cleveland Browns fans. Think they would like to have had the success the 49ers have had the last 3 years??

Niner born, and Niner bred. I'll be Niner Faithful even AFTER I'm dead.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by Thechamp2987:
I believe Harbaugh can't win the big game. He is just a tease.

Ridiculous statement when you consider the difference between winning and losing has been mere inches. You don't make a wild statement like "he can't win the big game" based on inches. This guy wins playoff games every year. His odds are just as good if not better than any coach in the league.

We are this decade's Eagles. Even if they do win a Super Bowl. My only thought would be that this team could of won more if kap and Harbaugh didn't suck when it mattered most.

Couldn't you say that about any team/player/coach with championship aspirations? Montana could have won more. Young should have won more. Elway. Brady. Manning...take your pick. The key is being a contender every year. Harbaugh has us in a position to do that. It's far more likely to win one if we're consistently in the hunt. Being a flash in the pan, one-year wonder, is far less likely.

You are right you could say that and I know the NFL is not built for repeat winners. However, the 49ers had a chance to do something special and they seemed to have the consistency for not getting it done. Let's be honest they did not even show up for the Super Bowl. Without that power outage it would have been a route. I just don't want it to be 2020 and look back at the last ten years and see zero Super Bowl wins. Especially, with the type of players these teams had. I just don't want this team to keep going to NFC championship games and losing them. Or, making it to the Super Bowl and playing like crap. I am probably just venting b/c of loss to the stupid Seahawks but it's been a rough three years. Watch the NY giants win the Super Bowl, go to Super Bowl and loose their perfect record, and now have to watch the seahawks maybe win a Super Bowl. These past three years have been worst than the 2003-2009 seasons combined.

Ridiculous statement when you consider the difference between winning and losing has been mere inches. You don't make a wild statement like "he can't win the big game" based on inches. This guy wins playoff games every year. His odds are just as good if not better than any coach in the league.

We are this decade's Eagles. Even if they do win a Super Bowl. My only thought would be that this team could of won more if kap and Harbaugh didn't suck when it mattered most.

Couldn't you say that about any team/player/coach with championship aspirations? Montana could have won more. Young should have won more. Elway. Brady. Manning...take your pick. The key is being a contender every year. Harbaugh has us in a position to do that. It's far more likely to win one if we're consistently in the hunt. Being a flash in the pan, one-year wonder, is far less likely.

You are right you could say that and I know the NFL is not built for repeat winners. However, the 49ers had a chance to do something special and they seemed to have the consistency for not getting it done. Let's be honest they did not even show up for the Super Bowl. Without that power outage it would have been a route. I just don't want it to be 2020 and look back at the last ten years and see zero Super Bowl wins. Especially, with the type of players these teams had. I just don't want this team to keep going to NFC championship games and losing them. Or, making it to the Super Bowl and playing like crap. I am probably just venting b/c of loss to the stupid Seahawks but it's been a rough three years. Watch the NY giants win the Super Bowl, go to Super Bowl and loose their perfect record, and now have to watch the seahawks maybe win a Super Bowl. These past three years have been worst than the 2003-2009 seasons combined.

I'm with you man. It will be a shame if we never get it done with this core of players and coaches. All the pieces are in place. It's a matter of taking care of business and winning the games.

Look at it this way. Back in our "glory years", we had an 18 year run of being legitimate contenders. We won 5 SBs during that stretch, which is awesome. That also means there were 13 years where we "choked". Seriously, I would say 11 out of those 13 years we were one of the top 3 teams in football, if not the best.

Winning the SB is TOUGH. It sucks to not win it in a 3-year window, but if you're window is only 3 years, management is not doing it right. We're in a position to be contenders for a looong time. We will have many opportunities to come. I'm not guaranteeing anything. All I'm saying is we have as good, if not better shot, than anybody. And as a fan, that's all you can hope for.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jan 23, 2014 at 10:47 PM ]

You've GOT to be kidding with this. As heart breaking as the end of the last 3 years have been, I wouldn't trade it for anything. Okay, maybe a win in SB 48, but that's a BIG maybe. I've watched this team play since they traded for O.J.

Think about that for a minute.

I watched Bill Walsh and Joe Montana go 2-14, then 4-12. People were screaming for an overhaul. What happened in that 3rd year?

Oh, that's right. Super Bowl 16. Win.

Thus began a 17 year run of greatness.

Enjoy it while it's here - 2003 -2010 were brutal years for the Faithful.

I'm loving this.

I'm with you man. It will be a shame if we never get it done with this core of players and coaches. All the pieces are in place. It's a matter of taking care of business and winning the games.

Look at it this way. Back in our "glory years", we had an 18 year run of being legitimate contenders. We won 5 SBs during that stretch, which is awesome. That also means there were 13 years where we "choked". Seriously, I would say 11 out of those 13 years we were one of the top 3 teams in football, if not the best.

Winning the SB is TOUGH. It sucks to not win it in a 3-year window, but if you're window is only 3 years, management is not doing it right. We're in a position to be contenders for a looong time. We will have many opportunities to come. I'm not guaranteeing anything. All I'm saying is we have as good, if not better shot, than anybody. And as a fan, that's all you can hope for.

It makes sense what your saying. A lot of those 9er team's from the 80's should have won super bowls and they didn't. I wasn't around for those teams, so i don't really know how stuff went down during those years. Like you mentioned earlier Yong's teams could of won more than one too if it wasn't for the cowboys and packers. Like all other 9er fans I just hate seeing them lose when they are so close. That is all.
Originally posted by Beeker:

You've GOT to be kidding with this. As heart breaking as the end of the last 3 years have been, I wouldn't trade it for anything. Okay, maybe a win in SB 48, but that's a BIG maybe. I've watched this team play since they traded for O.J.

Think about that for a minute.

I watched Bill Walsh and Joe Montana go 2-14, then 4-12. People were screaming for an overhaul. What happened in that 3rd year?

Oh, that's right. Super Bowl 16. Win.

Thus began a 17 year run of greatness.

Enjoy it while it's here - 2003 -2010 were brutal years for the Faithful.

I'm loving this.

I know, but no one expected anything out of those teams. The 9ers were a joke prior to Wash taking over the team. We all know this team now is good and capable of winning it all. At least during those lean years they weren't toying with me, by going to NFC championship games and Super Bowls and losing them.

These past three years have been worst than the 2003-2009 seasons combined.

Let's see... your username is Thechamp2987. Ok, committed to memory.

I've been a member of the Webzone since 2006. I've read a lot of stupid s**t on these boards over the past eight seasons. People say a lot of asinine things.

But I'm sorry my friend. That is by far the dumbest thing I have ever read on the Webzone forum in my entire life.

That is not a personal attack. You are probably a great person, and I respect you as a human being.

But you just wrote some really, really dumb s**t.

Originally posted by NickSh49:

I've been a member of the Webzone since 2006. I've read a lot of stupid s**t on these boards over the past eight seasons. People say a lot of asinine things.

But I'm sorry my friend. That is by far the dumbest thing I have ever read on the Webzone forum in my entire life.

That is not a personal attack. You are probably a great person, and I respect you as a human being.

Point taken, however, if they do not win a Super Bowl in the next five seasons. Then the only difference between the two eight year stretches is a lot of regular season wins. However this stretch could be worse bc it could see a Seahawks super bowl win or even more worse multiple Seahawk super bowl wins. I am not trying to be a bad fan here. I just want to see them succeed because we all know how good this team has been the past three years.
[ Edited by Thechamp2987 on Jan 23, 2014 at 11:27 PM ]

Point taken, however, if they do not win a Super Bowl in the next five seasons. Then the only difference between the two eight year stretches is a lot of regular season wins. However this stretch could be worse bc it could see a Seahawks super bowl win. I am not trying to be a bad fan here. I just want to see them succeed because we all know how good this team has been the past three years.

First of all, let's the Seahawks go about their business. If they win one, s**t happens. They aren't our first rival and they won't be our last. The Packers won a Super Bowl in 2010... whoop de doo.

Second, those regular season wins make my fall/winter much less depressing than say... watching Jim Hostler or Jimmy Raye attempt to grow a brain every Sunday.

Seriously man, have some perspective.
[ Edited by NickSh49 on Jan 23, 2014 at 11:28 PM ]
First of all, let's the Seahawks go about their business. If they win one, s**t happens. They aren't our first rival and they won't be our last. The Packers won a Super Bowl in 2010... whoop de doo.

Second, those regular season wins make my fall/winter much less depressing than say... watching Jim Hostler or Jimmy Raye attempt to grow a brain every Sunday.

True, but the Packers aren't in our division and they didn't beat the 9ers in the conference game to get the Superbowl. But, I know I am whining over split milk. Hopefully kap can learn how to quarterback and the team should be in contention for some time. Perspective coming into focus...slowly.

True, but the Packers aren't in our division and they didn't beat the 9ers in the conference game to get the Superbowl. But, I know I am whining over split milk. Hopefully kap can learn how to quarterback and the team should be in contention for some time. Perspective coming into focus...slowly.

The Saints used to be in our division, and they got a Super Bowl in 2009! s**t happens man, can't worry about the other 31.

OriOriginally posted by Thechamp2987:
Come on, you gotta be kidding me. We nearly made the Super Bowl this year. Nearly made the Super Bowl in 2011. And we were inches from winning it in 2012. If Harbaugh was a choke artist, those games wouldn't have been competitive. We were well-prepared for these games, and we nearly won all three of them. Ultimately it comes down to execution, and the players (Kyle Williams, Kaepernick, etc...) didn't execute when it mattered most.

I'm not blaming the losses on anyone, and I see absolutely no reason to believe that Harbaugh is a choke artist.

Perspective ....

Jim Harbaugh -
49ers overall record for 3 years: 41-14, 3 playoff berths (.759 winning percentage)
I'll take that over the previous 8 years....
46-72, zero playoff berths (.389 winning percentage)

+1. NickSh49, don't even engage with this person, especially when he/she is writing stuff like this. Makes me wonder how much this Thechamp2987 person really knows about football and how much of a 49ers fan he/she really is - look at these unbelievable comments: I believe Harbaugh can't win the big game. He is just a tease. We are this decade's Eagles. Even if they do win a Super Bowl. My only thought would be that this team could of won more if kap and Harbaugh didn't suck when it mattered most. That's having faith in your coach, QB, and your overall team, huh?

This organization is just getting things going with Kap going into only his SECOND full season as a starting NFL QB...and, we've already won three playoff road games, made it to a Super Bowl, and look at Harbaugh's overall record his first three years. Look at our organization from the top (Jed York and what he's accomplished, the stability he's brought to the team with his hires and then letting those football minds around him do their thing) on down to Baalke, Harbaugh, and the rest of the coaching staff. This organization is just getting started and the window of opportunity will continue to be there with what's in place, what's added/subtracted, and the desire to continuously get better, as we've seen be a theme during the Baalke/Harbaugh regime. This is the best shape the organization has been since the Eddie D. years...I've been a fan ever since the mid-'70s when I was very young and have been fortunate enough to see and vividly remember every single Super Bowl winning team. The way this organization is constructed now, with York, Baalke, and Harbaugh leading the way, should give the Faithful high hopes going forward.
[ Edited by LottDMontanaO on Jan 24, 2014 at 9:23 AM ]
Originally posted by Beeker:

Perspective ....

Jim Harbaugh -
49ers overall record for 3 years: 41-14, 3 playoff berths (.759 winning percentage)
I'll take that over the previous 8 years....
46-72, zero playoff berths (.389 winning percentage)

for real, i went threw too many broken house hold items from 2003-2010. thats how i know this harbaugh stretch aint even close to that.

Are you serious?
Share 49ersWebzone